Thread: concrete blocks not setting....

Survivor

concrete blocks not setting....

Rwg, survival solo, alpha 17.2 it was created on but currently running it on alpha 17.4

So in 5000 blocks I've hit a hurdle with concrete blocks that just won't set even after weeks on in game time any ideas what I can do to get around it? I've tried rebar frames and wet concrete blocks and no luck

ps I would upload a screenshot but I've maxed out my limit of photos I can upload here...

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Known issue since wet blocks existed.

It would be nice to see this fixed someday.

not sure what either of you are doing but i did several blocks from wood all the way up and they upgraded and when the one were upgraded to concrete, they set as expected and the upgraded concrete upgraded to reinforced.. so what am i missing?

Spoiler: 

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    It seems to be entirely random, and for me it doesn't happen very often. When it does happen, it's really annoying though. I've always assumed it's a glitch in the "grow" timer for calculating the dry time that occurs when the area is loaded.
    It is pretty rare. Say out of 100,000 blocks placed, it may only happen three times.

Usually destroying the wet block, replacing with something else, and then making a concrete block again will fix it. If you just replace concrete again, you tend to have the same issue with the new block.