Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your specs and stats?!?

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by zootal View Post
    My first was a Timex Sinclair TS1000, purchased .. 1983? Albertsons was dumping them for $20. I couldn't afford a C=64 at the time, and didn't want the Vic-20.

I actually cut my teeth on a Sperry Univac V76 mini series, those were the classic 6 foot tall monsters with blinking lights, right out of a sci fi movie...<sigh>...oh to be young again....
    Back in the early 90s when I had my Amiga I would have done anything for a SGI workstation and some 3D apps like Wavefront or Softimage. I use to read magazines about them and have more info mailed to me just because I was bored with my Amiga at the time and I wanted to use Sculpt Animate 4D but there was no way I could afford it driving a taxi back then. I had brochures on VAX mini computers, Evens and Sutherland Workstations, HP workstations, IBM workstations I even had a brochure on a cray supercomputer that was submerged in water or oil.

I remember back in the early to mid 80s when I knew a guy who had a C64 and I thought it was the dumbest thing in the world, just typing test and seeing nothing but text. My opinion changed in 1988 when I got bored playing Defender on the Atari 2600 and my electronic chess set cheated on me - yes it cheated. I bought my C64 used and got a boatload of games and another lot of CRPGs and I was hooked.

I bought my Amiga 500, 501 expansion and 1084 stereo monitor brand new a little later, at about $1,400.00. I wanted a 386 back then but they ran about $3,000.00.

Oh to be young again is right, I am 51 going on 15 in November as they tell me.

I would love to build a Workstation / Gamig-Rig with a 18 core i9, 64GB DDR4 (3200 or higher for overclocking and tightening the timings) and with a pair of GTX 1080 ti SLI or RTX 2080 ti SLI (the later for fast GPU Rendering). I would probably overclock to about 3.8 - 4.0 Ghz and turn off turbo. I really do not like turbo on the i series CPUs I would rather have a static overclock than risk turbo going well beyond 4Ghz.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:31 AM.

Colony Founder
    Everything on and at high/ultra gets you under 60FPS regulary with 3700X/2070Super/32GB Ram ocīed at 3600Mhz CL16, at a resolution of 2560x1440p

Canīt wait for beta and optimizing.

@bobrpggamer you wouldnīt get better with that system you would love to build. The 18core i9 isnīt really for gaming either.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by pApA^LeGBa View Post
    Everything on and at high/ultra gets you under 60FPS regulary with 3700X/2070Super/32GB Ram ocīed at 3600Mhz CL16, at a resolution of 2560x1440p

Canīt wait for beta and optimizing.

@bobrpggamer you wouldnīt get better with that system you would love to build. The 18core i9 isnīt really for gaming either.
    Well for Gaming / Workstation with 3D content creation software when I start to work on some of my designs and ideas, 18 cores will be great to have for rendering and displaying large scenes. Its just a dream now and with the price for commercial software use, the Gaming / Workstation would be the cheapest part of dream.