Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with a mod I'm making.

I just tried that code you suggested and it does the same thing the code I just posted. It worked on a new same game when I made a paint brush, but when I exit and quit the game and come back it no longer has the texture in the paint menu. Even if i make a new paint brush it's not there. So from what I can tell the modlet makes a change to the game only once when the game is loaded, but not every time the game is loaded.

Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagan View Post
    I just tried that code you suggested and it does the same thing the code I just posted. It worked on a new same game when I made a paint brush, but when I exit and quit the game and come back it no longer has the texture in the paint menu. Even if i make a new paint brush it's not there. So from what I can tell the modlet makes a change to the game only once when the game is loaded, but not every time the game is loaded.

Does that make sense?
    No, it doesn't make any sense. Can you provide a log from the first and second time?

Uhh, sure, give me a few to figure out how to get logs...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zagan View Post
    OK, so I renamed the mod folder and put a "!" in front of the name so my mod would load first and guess what?
    That didn't work either....lol
    You misunderstood what I was saying. I actually wanted your mod to load last, not first. Reason being was in case a mod that loads after it cancels out your mod. That is why I was saying use a Z in front of your mods folder name. I also should have asked if you are even using any other mods.

You link didn't work.

https://youtu.be/zMNgDNJso0gbe/zMNgDNJso0g
    Last edited by Gamida; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:58 PM.

Ok Here are the log filesw you asked for, I made a new game named "test", grabbed a stack of wood and leather and made a paint brush, it had the texture in the paint menu so i exited and quit the game. Then I restarted the game and continued. Made a new brush and the texture was not there anymore. This made 3 logs so I sent you all 3, (don't know why it made 3, but there you go).
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have been looking for something similar to that forever....well close to that. I would like the blocks to have collisiion so you can't walk or shoot through them. Sort of a 1 way mirror effect. Might have to see if there is a way for me to change it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    You misunderstood what I was saying. I actually wanted your mod to load last, not first. Reason being was in case a mod that loads after it cancels out your mod. That is why I was saying use a Z in front of your mods folder name. I also should have asked if you are even using any other mods.

You link didn't work.

https://youtu.be/zMNgDNJso0gbe/zMNgDNJso0g
    Try this one;

https://youtu.be/zMNgDNJso0g

And Yeah I have like 20 mods. I'll try putting a Z in front so it loads last like you suggested, Thanks.

So your modlet is all that is needed to make those blocks see through? I would like to be able to make them so I could use them as 1 way mirror blocks to use in secret rooms or maybe a false wall.

OK, I think I got it. It was a few things, some of your suggestions were very helpful, some were close but a little off, but that's OK because when combined I got there eventually and I learned a lot in the process.

So I would like to Thank you all for your support and taking the time to help me.

So...
    THANK YOU Guppycur!
    THANK YOU Gamida!
    THANK YOU sphereii!
    AND THANK YOU MadToker who was also helping me on Teamspeak.
    I will be sure to include all of you in the credits when I post this mod.
    Also, thanks to the people on this forum for being so kind and helpful and putting up with my n00b questions (I know that ain't EZ).

Now I'm gonna go take a long awaited shower b4 someone calls the health dept.

You are going to post this mod sometime. Nice. Will be having a look at it.

Just posted it on Nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/352

Yay, my first published mod, I hope you guys try it out and have fun with it.

You can also make a thread in the mods section here on the forums to showcase the mod , we do also get lots of visitors and have a lot of members browsing daily who may appreciate your efforts

Ragsy !!
    Last edited by Ragsy 2145; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:08 PM. Reason: Fixed typos