Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Child Zombies

  1. #61
    Inventor Pendral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    770
    Rep Power
    1
    For all of you who think it's " OK " or " Logically Acceptable " to put zombie babies/children into the game :

    You people obviously think there are no boundaries to depravity, that the disgust that many would feel about this is worth it, right ?
    You obviously think that anything at all is permissible to go into games ? That there should be no moral compass ?


    Either way you answered that : why are you trying ??

    Are you trying to flex your intellectual muscles at logic ?? or just tryin to bait gullible readers ??

    Because we ALL know that TFPS are not going to change their Moral Compass because of a bunch of witty words, bantered around on a forum.

    Have fun with the witty banter tho, y'all are givin it the old college try.

  2. #62
    Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,832
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendral View Post
    For all of you who think it's " OK " or " Logically Acceptable " to put zombie babies/children into the game :

    You people obviously think there are no boundaries to depravity, that the disgust that many would feel about this is worth it, right ?
    You obviously think that anything at all is permissible to go into games ? That there should be no moral compass ?


    Either way you answered that : why are you trying ??

    Are you trying to flex your intellectual muscles at logic ?? or just tryin to bait gullible readers ??

    Because we ALL know that TFPS are not going to change their Moral Compass because of a bunch of witty words, bantered around on a forum.

    Have fun with the witty banter tho, y'all are givin it the old college try.
    "For all of you who think it's okay to serve beef, you people obviously think there are no boundaries to depravity, that the disgust that many would feel about this is worth it, right? You obviously think that anything at all is permissible to put on a plate? That there should be no moral compass?"

    Yeah, no. Nice straw man there.



    Different people hold different values. For instance, I choose not to play the Payday series, because I find the core gameplay of killing cops distasteful. But I don't get indignant about it and proselytize that people that think it's okay have no moral compass. Nor do I have delusions that my personal views on the matter mean that gamers in general reject Payday on moral grounds.

    For me this disagreement may be philosophical, but it's not academic. I feel strongly that for games to thrive as a form of artistic expression, it's vital for their creators to have the same freedom that creators of books, comics, films, etc. enjoy to explore the types of content they want.

    I fully support TFP's decision to not include child zombies in their game. But I would fully support if they did decide to include child zombies, too.
    Last edited by Crater Creator; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:07 AM.

  3. #63
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0
    outside of personal opinions and beliefs, i would think that having an Adult Only rating would limit sales and cause too much controversy and headache. not to mention the several countries it would literally be banned in. iirc, even AAA games like skyrim had issues just simply having kids in the game even though you cant harm them.

  4. #64
    Colony Founder AtomicUs5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,100
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by vicflo View Post
    outside of personal opinions and beliefs, i would think that having an Adult Only rating would limit sales and cause too much controversy and headache. not to mention the several countries it would literally be banned in. iirc, even AAA games like skyrim had issues just simply having kids in the game even though you cant harm them.
    7 Days to Die ESRB rating is already Mature 17+
    God forbid it going all the way up to A 18+
    Imagine all those lost players!
    Last edited by AtomicUs5000; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:50 PM.

  5. #65
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,171
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    7 Days to Die ESRB rating is already Mature 17+
    God forbid it going all the way up to A 18+
    Imagine all those lost players!
    hahahaa

    I always wonder how all the kids got GTA-V. I mean seriously, I've never seen a "Mature 17+" game with a larger audience in the range of 8-years-old.

  6. #66
    Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,832
    Rep Power
    1
    An "Adults Only" rating definitely limits sales. In practice, it's more on the retail side than the consumer choice side. That is, many retailers refuse to even stock a game if it's rated AO.

    That's not relevant here though, because like I pointed out, the ESRB that gives games those ratings makes no distinction between adult and child characters in its content descriptors. No one has provided evidence to support a claim that games with child characters (or child-like characters, or child-like characters that can die) are given an AO rating, or a more restrictive rating than games without them.

    I can think of plenty of counterexamples where "just simply having kids in the game even if they can't be harmed," didn't cause any problems. For example, the many games I've worked on featuring Dora the Explorer and similar characters.

  7. #67
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    7 Days to Die ESRB rating is already Mature 17+
    God forbid it going all the way up to A 18+
    Imagine all those lost players!
    some stores dont stock AO at all. online stores you have to jump through hoops to even view the content. so yes. it does lose a lot of visibility and access being AO.

  8. #68
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    An "Adults Only" rating definitely limits sales. In practice, it's more on the retail side than the consumer choice side. That is, many retailers refuse to even stock a game if it's rated AO.

    That's not relevant here though, because like I pointed out, the ESRB that gives games those ratings makes no distinction between adult and child characters in its content descriptors. No one has provided evidence to support a claim that games with child characters (or child-like characters, or child-like characters that can die) are given an AO rating, or a more restrictive rating than games without them.

    I can think of plenty of counterexamples where "just simply having kids in the game even if they can't be harmed," didn't cause any problems. For example, the many games I've worked on featuring Dora the Explorer and similar characters.
    You're right. ESRB ratings dont matter in cases game bans. its the content. if you look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ed_video_games you will see that in the side notes they get more specific.

    it was "skyrim had issues even though kids cannot be harmed" that game specifically. which they did. it was a discussion on a modders forum (that was removed from nexxusmods) for a mod that enabled you to damage those annoying kids. cant remember the countries listed but i know germany was one. then again, germany bans lots of games which they are slowly lightening up on ie. nazi symbols. the issue was with the "playable character" being able to harm or interact with children in a violent or sexual manner. cutscenes and indirect gameplay seemed to not matter.

  9. #69
    Nomad
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    350
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by vicflo View Post
    some stores dont stock AO at all. online stores you have to jump through hoops to even view the content. so yes. it does lose a lot of visibility and access being AO.
    Who said it does not?

    What was said is that it is already there. The strippers put it there on their own if the violence was not enough.

  10. #70
    Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,832
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FA_Q2 View Post
    Who said it does not?

    What was said is that it is already there. The strippers put it there on their own if the violence was not enough.
    Not true. The game is rated M for mature, not AO for adults only.
    https://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsi...=7+Days+to+Die

    If you want to argue it should be AO... It would be good for the ESRB to mention that there is nudity in the form of bare-breasted stripper zombies. It makes me wonder what the procedures are for a game like this that can change radically before it's formally released. But, given that there are other mature-rated games with at least that level of nudity, and actual sex scenes to boot, I would speculate that the ESRB rating would still be M for mature regardless.

  11. #71
    Nomad
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    350
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    Not true. The game is rated M for mature, not AO for adults only.
    https://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsi...=7+Days+to+Die

    If you want to argue it should be AO... It would be good for the ESRB to mention that there is nudity in the form of bare-breasted stripper zombies. It makes me wonder what the procedures are for a game like this that can change radically before it's formally released. But, given that there are other mature-rated games with at least that level of nudity, and actual sex scenes to boot, I would speculate that the ESRB rating would still be M for mature regardless.
    As well as with children zeds as dying light and other titles are rated M.

  12. #72
    Inventor Pendral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    770
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    "For all of you who think it's okay to serve beef, you people obviously think there are no boundaries to depravity, that the disgust that many would feel about this is worth it, right? You obviously think that anything at all is permissible to put on a plate? That there should be no moral compass?"

    Yeah, no. Nice straw man there.
    ……..
    For me this disagreement may be philosophical, but it's not academic. I feel strongly that for games to thrive as a form of artistic expression, it's vital for their creators to have the same freedom that creators of books, comics, films, etc. enjoy to explore the types of content they want.

    I fully support TFP's decision to not include child zombies in their game. But I would fully support if they did decide to include child zombies, too.
    "strawman".... I can see how you might think that of my words... but I'll stand by my inferences ( in plain English ) that I, personally, think the idea of putting zombie babies/children into the game would be distasteful, and I suppose it just bothers me to read about people tying to justify it.
    I suppose the wiser choice would have been for me to just SMH and move on but it just hit a nerve, sorry. My bad.

    However I would not support fully TFPs inclusion of child zombies. *raises hand for the "against" vote*

  13. #73
    Tracker Shineblossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Slavic Lands
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendral View Post
    For all of you who think it's " OK " or " Logically Acceptable " to put zombie babies/children into the game :

    You people obviously think there are no boundaries to depravity, that the disgust that many would feel about this is worth it, right ?
    You obviously think that anything at all is permissible to go into games ? That there should be no moral compass ?


    Either way you answered that : why are you trying ??

    Are you trying to flex your intellectual muscles at logic ?? or just tryin to bait gullible readers ??

    Because we ALL know that TFPS are not going to change their Moral Compass because of a bunch of witty words, bantered around on a forum.

    Have fun with the witty banter tho, y'all are givin it the old college try.
    "Oh no people disagree with me. And there are even people who don't consider bunch of pixels as real person! What should i do, what should i do?!"

    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    hahahaa

    I always wonder how all the kids got GTA-V. I mean seriously, I've never seen a "Mature 17+" game with a larger audience in the range of 8-years-old.
    GTA imho has at least 50% of its sales from underage childern.

    Quote Originally Posted by vicflo View Post
    You're right. ESRB ratings dont matter in cases game bans. its the content. if you look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ed_video_games you will see that in the side notes they get more specific.

    it was "skyrim had issues even though kids cannot be harmed" that game specifically. which they did. it was a discussion on a modders forum (that was removed from nexxusmods) for a mod that enabled you to damage those annoying kids. cant remember the countries listed but i know germany was one. then again, germany bans lots of games which they are slowly lightening up on ie. nazi symbols. the issue was with the "playable character" being able to harm or interact with children in a violent or sexual manner. cutscenes and indirect gameplay seemed to not matter.
    Czech Republic.. None.. Oh there is EU, lets check EU. Only one game. Game where you rape and then tortune little girl. But none of the games where you kill childern are banned. Hmm, makes one think.

    Quote Originally Posted by FA_Q2 View Post
    As well as with children zeds as dying light and other titles are rated M.
    Found the zombie baby yesterday in Dying Light. I just bought it, and it was great experience! The child was kinda fun tho. We just stood there with my coop partner like:

    "Look a zombie baby"
    "You mean zomby?"
    "Your humour gets worse and worse the older you get"
    "It is attracting other zombies though"
    *doublebarell to head* "Problem solved.

    We both liked that there actually were childern. Both alive and undead. The world fell more.. real. More.. alive. It was as if there really was a zombie outbreak in city. Not just alternate dimensions where adults go when they are bored on Earth.

  14. #74
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    I would love it, but ask the millions of sensitive human beings that would be so upset!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •