Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Child Zombies

Quote Originally Posted by NukemDed View Post
    hey crater.
    your last point is to me the difference. that instance comes with an obvious highlighted moral element.
    walking into poopy pants day care with an ak and letting rip doesnt.

please all, dont get me wrong - im noy upset here. i love the game to bits but would find child zombies off putting. i dont see the point is all.
    i dont see the point of stripper zombies either and nudity certainly does not offend me.

i do believe ones age and experiences lends more weight to ones opinion especially in a potentially charged conversation. so thanks to those who do indicate their real life game stage.
    im sure most of us dont want to hear a rant from a spotty 13yo on a topic such as this.
    Well, from what it seems, noone here is 13 years old And just as you and Ti2xGr said.. or me before... There are more POIs to support child zombies than there are to support strippers. Or nurses. Or bikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Heart View Post
    Why can't a bunch of pixels be setup, so they give the best possible degree on immersion?

Besides - I do have something small to shoot at. Some call her scout, ring girl, litte bitch or screamer. But its just a underaged female zombie.
    At least am not the only one thinking that screamer zombie is underaged <3

Quote Originally Posted by Shineblossom View Post
    At least am not the only one thinking that screamer zombie is underaged <3
    I think she is too... well, actually was. She become the prime age for killing the moment she/it turned.

Regarding immersion, Iím kinda thinking adding more of it into this game would be a bad idea. People will have an even harder discerning fantasy from reality. Wouldnít want to contribute to the whole fallacy that video games are the cause of violent behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    I think she is too... well, actually was. She become the prime age for killing the moment she/it turned.
    I always got to argument with friend, when screamer came to our base, that his illegal lolis are banging at door again, tho shoo them away

Regarding immersion, I’m kinda thinking adding more of it into this game would be a bad idea. People will have an even harder discerning fantasy from reality. Wouldn’t want to contribute to the whole fallacy that video games are the cause of violent behavior.
    Yeah, but well, you can't change that. Stupid people will stay stupid. I am more on the other side. Let them have it, bastards!

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Regarding immersion, Iím kinda thinking adding more of it into this game would be a bad idea. People will have an even harder discerning fantasy from reality. Wouldnít want to contribute to the whole fallacy that video games are the cause of violent behavior.
    I wouldn't think so... any additional art should conform to the game's art style, which means new zombies, child or otherwise, should have an inhuman, zombie-like appearance. I could see that argument when we get to bandits though, whom we assume will be human and look human. But 7DtD would hardly push the envelope on lifelike violence against humans, among mature games in general. It's worth remembering what that mature rating means. In the eyes of the US ratings board at least, impressionable kids aren't supposed to be playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shineblossom View Post
    Yeah, but well, you can't change that. Stupid people will stay stupid. I am more on the other side. Let them have it, bastards!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    I wouldn't think so... any additional art should conform to the game's art style, which means new zombies, child or otherwise, should have an inhuman, zombie-like appearance. I could see that argument when we get to bandits though, whom we assume will be human and look human. But 7DtD would hardly push the envelope on lifelike violence against humans, among mature games in general. It's worth remembering what that mature rating means. In the eyes of the US ratings board at least, impressionable kids aren't supposed to be playing this game.
    Yeah, I wasn't serious. I was just poking fun because already we have it where people can't tell the difference between a zombie in a video game and a real-life child apparently.
    Last edited by AtomicUs5000; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:21 PM.

Yeah, I wasn't serious. I was just poking fun because already we have it where people can't tell the difference between a zombie in a video game and a real-life child apparently.
    From some parts of discussion.. True enough

Everytime there is a shooting at a school (for example), politics (atleast here on germany) blame video games to be resposible for the violent nature of young adults. It is however a proven fact, that there had to be psychological issues way before.

I have to agree with Shineblossom here

Edit: AtomicUs5000, just saw your last post about not being serious. I will just let this stand anyways - cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Heart View Post
    Edit: AtomicUs5000, just saw your last post about not being serious. I will just let this stand anyways - cheers!
    It's the same in the US. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RKZn2Sf7bo
    as if this hasn't already been disproved time and time again over the past few decades.
    Before that, it was music.

There was a peak in the 90's, but has consistently dropped since. I would say that since the 90's all media has included more violence, and worse violence. No correlation whatsoever, because people know the difference.

Same in Czech. There was a guy who killed his family.

What media said:
    "We got to know that this person was a huge fan of GTA games, where you play criminal and kill innocent people, as well as he had been playing FarCry, prior to those murders, where you literally have to shoot your way trough field of enemies."

What the media did NOT say:
    The guy was diagnosed with anger issues and violent tendencies
    He had violent past, being expelled from school for hurting a classmate for no reason
    His parrents were most likely (according to neighbours) abusing him

So, it is the same everywhere. As i said. hearth hearth hearth hearth those people

Also, let's not forget that playing game where you shoot at people makes you violent, but letting little kids watch movies like "Purge" or having news reporter talk about the tiniest details of murders have no effect!
    Last edited by Shineblossom; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:10 AM. Reason: Disliked the "♥♥♥♥"

Scavenger
    Whats about children characters to play? Less HP. And STR. But a lot more stealth atrubutes..

Quote Originally Posted by hiigaran View Post
    Whats about children characters to play? Less HP. And STR. But a lot more stealth atrubutes..
    ...and could crawl through one-block pathways.. ;-)

Do not know if this was mentioned here, but screamer zombie appears as a child to me.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onarr View Post
    Do not know if this was mentioned here, but screamer zombie appears as a child to me.
    Teenager maybe. I wouldn't call this a child.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Definitely going through her Goth phase.

...Not a teenager either, though. Age is a meaningless concept when you're undead.
    Last edited by Crater Creator; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:29 AM.

Nomad
    Yes, mentioned. i think most players see her as underage.