Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 79

Thread: Child Zombies

  1. #31
    Community Moderator OzHawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,621
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineblossom View Post
    Both of those will have same answer imho.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Child or not, same ♥♥♥♥. Point being that it is more immersive. And adds new type of zombie that will be different while staying in terms of "reality". Also, what do you think were the most feared thing from Silent Hill by most people? Yep, those damned childern.
    Honestly Shinebloossom, I don't know how you can say that both questions would have the same answer.

    Whether you agree with people choosing not to play a game that permitted/encouraged players to shoot children, I don't think you can credibly argue that it wouldn't stop some people from buying that game.

    It absolutely for damned sure would I think.

    Given that, purely from a marketing point of view if nothing else, the lost revenue from those potential customers who won't buy a game with child zombies in it, needs to be more than offset by revenue gained from people who bought the game specifically because it did have child zombies in it, and I say that, because the vast majority of customers, those who don't care one way or the other, will buy the game regardless.

    So, I think it's practically self-evident truth that the number of people who would refuse to buy a game with child zombies in it is greater than the number of people who will only buy a game with child zombies in it, and therefore, again, purely from a marketing point of view, TFP would be crazy to put child zombies into the base game.

    Modders can if they want, and I've no doubt (and no judgement) that it would be a popular mod, but I think there's almost no chance at all that TFP would ever put them into the base game, and I think they're 100% right not to.

  2. #32
    Refugee Purple Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Olpe, Germany
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    I'd like to add my thoughts to the discussion. Just for Background - I am 38, have three Children (16YF) (7YF) (2months M).

    Personally I would like to see kidz-zombies in the game. Why? Because of immersion and the possibility of having real freakout situations that go beyond a jumpscare.

    Is it not enough to have "normal" zombies in the game? sure. But if it were a feature, I would not say no. Some mods already have them.

    But I can also see why its is not implemented into the game. Having bear breasts visible on a stripperzombie is the same thang. Some people are offendedby what ever reasons. But having kidz in the game would maybe cause issues of releasing the game in different countrys? I am not an expert.

    In the States - nudity is frownd upon on. In germany its gore while nudity is not an issue. In other countrys it might be gayness - whatever.

    My humble opinion - It's a game. Just Pixels - Those things listed above are part of the real world. Give the option to turn those off, but don't pretend it doesn't exist.
    So thumbs up from me.

  3. #33
    Inventor
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    971
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Heart View Post
    Personally I would like to see kidz-zombies in the game. Why? Because of immersion and the possibility of having real freakout situations that go beyond a jumpscare.

    ...

    My humble opinion - It's a game. Just Pixels - Those things listed above are part of the real world. Give the option to turn those off, but don't pretend it doesn't exist.
    It's kind of paradox when people talk about immersion on the one hand and on the other hand that it's just a game that all are just pixels.
    Apparently it's only a game when it's opportune. Otherwise it is a post apocalyptic world in which you are one of the last survivors.

    The Fun Pimps should incorporate garden gnomes into the game. Then you have something small to shoot at.

  4. #34
    Tracker Shineblossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Slavic Lands
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzHawkeye View Post
    Honestly Shinebloossom, I don't know how you can say that both questions would have the same answer.

    Whether you agree with people choosing not to play a game that permitted/encouraged players to shoot children, I don't think you can credibly argue that it wouldn't stop some people from buying that game.

    It absolutely for damned sure would I think.

    Given that, purely from a marketing point of view if nothing else, the lost revenue from those potential customers who won't buy a game with child zombies in it, needs to be more than offset by revenue gained from people who bought the game specifically because it did have child zombies in it, and I say that, because the vast majority of customers, those who don't care one way or the other, will buy the game regardless.

    So, I think it's practically self-evident truth that the number of people who would refuse to buy a game with child zombies in it is greater than the number of people who will only buy a game with child zombies in it, and therefore, again, purely from a marketing point of view, TFP would be crazy to put child zombies into the base game.

    Modders can if they want, and I've no doubt (and no judgement) that it would be a popular mod, but I think there's almost no chance at all that TFP would ever put them into the base game, and I think they're 100% right not to.
    As i said. They would have same answer. Yes, there would be people discouraged to buy the game because of child zombies. And yes, there would be people encouraged to buy the game because world is full of weirdos. See, same answer Both are "yes". Also, there are people who would not be moved by it.

    Of course, you might be right from marketing point of view. Might. I think so, too, that there would be more discouraged than encouraged, but most still wouldn't care.

    It could be a DLC heh. "Super horror gory ways to die". I would buy it. Many other people would. And there would be no discouraged people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Heart View Post
    I'd like to add my thoughts to the discussion. Just for Background - I am 38, have three Children (16YF) (7YF) (2months M).

    Personally I would like to see kidz-zombies in the game. Why? Because of immersion and the possibility of having real freakout situations that go beyond a jumpscare.

    Is it not enough to have "normal" zombies in the game? sure. But if it were a feature, I would not say no. Some mods already have them.

    But I can also see why its is not implemented into the game. Having bear breasts visible on a stripperzombie is the same thang. Some people are offendedby what ever reasons. But having kidz in the game would maybe cause issues of releasing the game in different countrys? I am not an expert.

    In the States - nudity is frownd upon on. In germany its gore while nudity is not an issue. In other countrys it might be gayness - whatever.

    My humble opinion - It's a game. Just Pixels - Those things listed above are part of the real world. Give the option to turn those off, but don't pretend it doesn't exist.
    So thumbs up from me.
    Slavic not-giving-a-damn-about-anything master race?

    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    It's kind of paradox when people talk about immersion on the one hand and on the other hand that it's just a game that all are just pixels.
    Apparently it's only a game when it's opportune. Otherwise it is a post apocalyptic world in which you are one of the last survivors.

    The Fun Pimps should incorporate garden gnomes into the game. Then you have something small to shoot at.
    I think that Purple Heart meant that it would be nice to have it as immersion and make it feel more realistic so you can really dive into the game and the "horror" part really becomes "horror".

    And at same time, it is just game. Why being offended by virtual world?

    See, you can strive to make the virtual world the best possible (subjective for everyone) while still being able to separate fantasy and life.

  5. #35
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    It's kind of paradox when people talk about immersion on the one hand and on the other hand that it's just a game that all are just pixels.
    Apparently it's only a game when it's opportune. Otherwise it is a post apocalyptic world in which you are one of the last survivors.

    The Fun Pimps should incorporate garden gnomes into the game. Then you have something small to shoot at.
    We haven't really spoken about killer clowns yet, have we?
    Last edited by meganoth; 06-17-2019 at 03:31 PM.

  6. #36
    Inventor
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    971
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    We haven't really spoken about killer clowns yet, have we?
    I always thought the Feral Wight was a clown without make-up

  7. #37
    Tracker Shineblossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Slavic Lands
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    We haven't really spoken about killer clowns yet, have we?
    What is worse than zombies or clowns? Zombie clowns.

  8. #38
    Colony Founder AtomicUs5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,145
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    We haven't really spoken about killer clowns yet, have we?
    I wouldn’t mind it, as long as there were abandoned, run-down carnival POIs to go along with it so that it makes sense. Like the cheerleader and football player... though I think that the number of these that show up is not justified by a RWG lacking in football fields.

  9. #39
    Ranger NukemDed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    nz
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    1
    hey crater.
    your last point is to me the difference. that instance comes with an obvious highlighted moral element.
    walking into poopy pants day care with an ak and letting rip doesnt.

    please all, dont get me wrong - im noy upset here. i love the game to bits but would find child zombies off putting. i dont see the point is all.
    i dont see the point of stripper zombies either and nudity certainly does not offend me.

    i do believe ones age and experiences lends more weight to ones opinion especially in a potentially charged conversation. so thanks to those who do indicate their real life game stage.
    im sure most of us dont want to hear a rant from a spotty 13yo on a topic such as this.

  10. #40
    Hunter Ti2xGr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NukemDed View Post
    hey crater.
    your last point is to me the difference. that instance comes with an obvious highlighted moral element.
    walking into poopy pants day care with an ak and letting rip doesnt.

    please all, dont get me wrong - im noy upset here. i love the game to bits but would find child zombies off putting. i dont see the point is all.
    i dont see the point of stripper zombies either and nudity certainly does not offend me.

    i do believe ones age and experiences lends more weight to ones opinion especially in a potentially charged conversation. so thanks to those who do indicate their real life game stage.
    im sure most of us dont want to hear a rant from a spotty 13yo on a topic such as this.
    That is the whole reason I suggested child zombies - We have multiple POI's - Boarding school, high school, and two different children's daycare POI's. It would correlate with having kid zombies. We have two nude dancing POI's, hence the connection to the stripper zombies.

    Having them have a function or unique ability (faster/more agile/ability to climb walls/ceiling) and correspond to the environment that they "live" in makes sense.

    Should they remove Poopy Daycare or the Special Tots folk? Should we remove the dog boarding house and The Bear den because of animal cruelty arguments?

    Where does the line get drawn? Personally, I recognize that this is an adult game. However, I was able to figure out how to filter out zombie strippers if I want to.

    I like the idea of zombie clowns also, but agree that there should be a tie to a POI(s) to warrant them.

    I don't get the moral argument personally. I have family that works at the Sheriff's office but that doesn't mean I'm going to throw a fit about shooting "cop zombies". I have five kids myself, but not horrified at the idea of having zombie kids in a game. There are plenty of child actors that portray all sorts of "evil" - Brightburn ring bells? I think they're cool and look forward to more challenge and scares. I'm able to separate reality from a fantasy world. I also wouldn't go around shooting people's heads off in real life either. Should we be offended and petition movies like Pet Cemetery?
    Last edited by Ti2xGr; 06-17-2019 at 08:30 PM.

  11. #41
    Hood Ornament Gamida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    4,091
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    I wouldn’t mind it, as long as there were abandoned, run-down carnival POIs to go along with it so that it makes sense. Like the cheerleader and football player... though I think that the number of these that show up is not justified by a RWG lacking in football fields.
    There is a football field isn't there? I just don't know how often it spawns.

  12. #42
    Colony Founder AtomicUs5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,145
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    There is a football field isn't there? I just don't know how often it spawns.
    That's exactly what I'm saying.

  13. #43
    Hood Ornament Gamida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    4,091
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    There is a football field isn't there? I just don't know how often it spawns.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    That's exactly what I'm saying.
    I did think that is what you meant but wasn't 100% so I posted my reply anyway.

  14. #44
    Refugee Purple Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Olpe, Germany
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    It's kind of paradox when people talk about immersion on the one hand and on the other hand that it's just a game that all are just pixels.
    Apparently it's only a game when it's opportune. Otherwise it is a post apocalyptic world in which you are one of the last survivors.

    The Fun Pimps should incorporate garden gnomes into the game. Then you have something small to shoot at.
    Why can't a bunch of pixels be setup, so they give the best possible degree on immersion?

    Besides - I do have something small to shoot at. Some call her scout, ring girl, litte bitch or screamer. But its just a underaged female zombie.

  15. #45
    Nomad
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    1
    Every argument against child zeds is worse for stripper zeds and they are included without a hitch. Child zeds are not even uncommon. TWD was brought up but a closer correlation would be Dying Light IMHO with BABY zeds - not even kids - and they add a lot to the game even without the weighty decision that TWD used. The very thought of a child zed invokes much emotion - something that is very good for a solid atmosphere - and they can provide a separate challenge (fit though one block openings?)

    I do not have a dog in this one though - I don't think it would effect my game at all because I am already used to the atmosphere and game in general so it is just another skin. It is the first time you meed the child zed when you are exploring the game itself that it really hits you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •