Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Alpha 17.4 RWG Map seeds

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti2xGr View Post
    The nitrogen map generator spoken above allows you to hand pick your biomes. You want one large forest biome...done. Want to sprinkle in some burnt biome...done. Want desert to the south and snow up north...done.
    I tried it out and used the more desert option for the landscape and still got a lot of forests and snow. Never could get myself to spawn in the desert either.

Quote Originally Posted by tilarium View Post
    I tried it out and used the more desert option for the landscape and still got a lot of forests and snow. Never could get myself to spawn in the desert either.
    You may want to browse through the settings a bit more and play with it. If you want is an all Desert biome. You can also choose a static spawn point for all users if desired (among other options of course). By choosing "more deserts", you are still using default randomization but with a bit more deserts in general. I went a step further and did "Smoothest" as an option and went with "Landscape and Flatland" under the "Landscape" option and turned off all rivers, lakes, and small lakes. I changed the map border to desert as well. I ended up with a complete desert that frankly looked quite desolate, short of all the cities sprinkled about.

Under the setting:

Biomes - Choose Desert only.

I can post a photo of what options I went with and the result but I'm positive it's exactly what you described as your desire.
    Last edited by Ti2xGr; 08-29-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Survivor
    Could someone please look at this seed and tell me what they think?

doh

For some reason I can't see the splat3 file. The file size is 733KB. It's huge. Did they ramp up the prefabs in 17.4? I remember anything over 200k being a good size. This is 3 times that.

EDIT: I just generated the Bad Neighborhood seed 8K and the prefab size is 637Kb. So doh is almost 100kb bigger!
    Last edited by Senkan; 09-02-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Refugee

A 17.4 maps

Anyone have maps for the different counties that you are able to choose from, there is like three different ones just started playing on pc was confused thought there was only navezgane

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti2xGr View Post
    The nitrogen map generator spoken above allows you to hand pick your biomes. You want one large forest biome...done. Want to sprinkle in some burnt biome...done. Want desert to the south and snow up north...done.
    I agree, I love my Nitrogen 8K map I have enough cities to keep me busy for months and I have a boatload of traders and no burned forest or wasteland. I do wish I could have had wasteland and no burned forest, I kind of like the wasteland but hate the burned forest.

You could say it like cheating if you wanted to be technical, having all the options to pick what you like or dislike but heck If I enjoy the map so who cares.

https://i.imgur.com/j893PBr.jpg I mixed the Boime map with the preview map and circled the traders and the small towns with the gas barrels, yeah gas barrels are an easy find in those little towns. Something like 19 traders I think, most of them have no forges, chem stations or cement mixers for some reason, so I had to make my own, a bit of a trade-off for having so many traders I guess. Also luckily out of the 10 traders I have seen, only one is that smart ass trader. The rest are the desert trader, I think 1 or 2 , the wasteland trader 1 or 2 and most are the forest trader, I have yet to see the snow trader. There are huge cracks in the terrain that drop down 30-40 blocks that are hard to get out of, even with the motorcycle, I have to pick up the motorcycle and jump out most of the time, the minibike is like crawling speed trying to drive out of these.

Contrary to what I read, the map is not inverted and it is accurate, the traders were in the exact position of the preview map.

If anyone wants this map let me know and I will upload it to Onedrive.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:41 PM.

Monty4G63
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrpggamer View Post
    If anyone wants this map let me know and I will upload it to Onedrive.
    I am interested if you still have it.

Tracker
    Yes I do. Give me some time to upload it, Onedrive is a bit new to me I got it with Office 360 and have not used it much.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:32 PM.

Monty4G63
    Okay thanks!

Tracker
    Well OneDrive does not like compressed files, so here is a DropBox link until I can get Onedrive going: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9nx65kv6s...enMap.rar?dl=0

On the top right of the screen you will see "Open With" click this and click "Download" you should be able to download without an account.

Well OneDrive is a bit slow to download but it is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anw9iKjmlgq4hQXj...VUe2E?e=qFnvvA At the top of the screen click download.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:48 AM.

Monty4G63
    Thanks a lot!

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty4G63 View Post
    Thanks a lot!
    Your welcome, I hope you enjoy it.