Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum decorum...

Forum decorum...

I know that there are a few people who post here who displeased with their colleagues and moderators and the overall flavor of the forum. I've always felt it was pretty fair and the tone was reasonable. There'll be a few outliers, but on the whole, most of the posters here are pretty reasonable....

...in contrast I was checking out the forums for They Are Billions (Zombie RTS), and..ROFL, that's a seriously rough bunch. The "git gud" crowd are the polite ones! Their campaign came out yesterday, and if you wish to raise concerns about the difficulty, you best wear two helmets. Anyway, if you ever think things are less than optimal here, check that place out for some perspective.

-Morloc

Just for the record... this forum wasn't always this great. The first year or so was pretty bad, which was the reason why I stepped in and volunteered as Moderator within months of joining the site.

Yeah, but that was like what?....16 years ago or so?

-Morloc

What really brings this forum down are personal and character attacks vs. attacking someones ideas. Granted, I have broached touching on one's personal short comings when I feel what they are bringing to the discussion is toxic, but as long as this is a battle of ideas first and egos second, I think we are benefit from the exchange.

Yeah.. I don't like this particular forum moderator.. What's his name.. Ronald, or something!

Finally others are seeing it and saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    Yeah.. I don't like this particular forum moderator.. What's his name.. Ronald, or something!
    I don't know if you're being serious or not as this does happen on occasion among friends, but if you are being serious, then maybe you should keep that to yourself. Being a moderator isn't easy and because they're probably not being paid to do it, they have no reason to do a good job other than for their love for the community and game. They definitely don't deserve seeing hate comments. If you have a problem with a moderator, talk to them about it. If things don't get better with them, then report them to a dev or something. But never make it public. And never get offended or take things personal if you receive a warning or infraction... it's your own fault for breaking the rules, they're just doing their job.
    Last edited by Fox; 06-20-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    ...And never get offended or take things personal if you receive a warning or infraction... it's your own fault for breaking the rules, they're just doing their job.
    Well, you should probably take it personally if you screwed up. I mean, it's you and you need to evaluate your screwup!
    On the other hand, you can be at least a little offended if you receive a warning/infraction without warrant as is occasionally the case.

-Morloc

Quote Originally Posted by Morloc View Post
    Well, you should probably take it personally if you screwed up. I mean, it's you and you need to evaluate your screwup!
    On the other hand, you can be at least a little offended if you receive a warning/infraction without warrant as is occasionally the case.

-Morloc
    If that happens, contact another mod in private or take it up with a dev. No one's perfect, ppl make mistakes. No reason to take things so personal. It's not like they're out to get you. They're obviously not power hungry. They're just human beings, and it's not like there's special training on how to be a moderator. You just learn as you go.

If that happens, contact another mod in private or take it up with a dev. No one's perfect, ppl make mistakes. No reason to take things so personal. It's not like they're out to get you. They're obviously not power hungry. They're just human beings, and it's not like there's special training on how to be a moderator. You just learn as you go.
    All true.

-Morloc

I don't know if you're being serious or not as this does happen on occasion among friends, but if you are being serious, then maybe you should keep that to yourself.
    He's definitely not being serious. :P

Anyone who thinks this forum is toxic is blessed with innocence!

Quote Originally Posted by RestInPieces View Post
    Anyone who thinks this forum is toxic is blessed with innocence!
    Yes, there's some others I occasionally frequent, that make this one look like a "safe zone" by comparison.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I hate Roland!

...did I do that right?

(He was def joking fox)

If you’re still in Hawaii then I hate you too.