Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 83

Thread: Stop People From Quitting Because Of Night Time

  1. #16
    Inventor Ekk0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Linx77 View Post
    Its official, a group consensus has contained their frustration inside as they discredit this thread. This thread is disliked

    Let's bury this thread, stop commenting peoples
    That's not necessarily fair. While some posts may seem very negative others are just a clear conclusion why the OP idea was bad. Others even off a middle ground solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeforall View Post
    Perhaps a dump solution, but why not add a logout-timer? Many games make use of this, and it prevents this 'lets-log-out-before-I-die' behaviour.
    For those who aren't familiar with the term 'logout-timer': A logout-timer means dat when you click the quit button, you'll have to waith a certain amount of time (f.e. 15 seconds) before you actually log out. During this time, you can still be attacked and killed. this way, quiting just when you are about to die in order to survive is made obsolete.
    Also, in case you need to log out because you got something to do in real-life, a logout-timer shouldn't be a problem sins the time you need to wait to log out will be minor (f.e. the 15 seconds mentioned earlier).
    There is still plenty of discussion to be had here.

  2. #17
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekk0 View Post
    I would have to disagree. Poor solution to a personal problem. If you don't like people that log out during the night on your server, ban them. It's that simple. I shouldn't have to be punished for logging off when something else takes precedence over the game. And to be honest, leaving the player in game wouldn't solve your problem. If the player is logged off, the character isn't moving or making noise. So no zombies will be attracted to them. The only way they would have to worry about that is of a horde walks into their shelter and they are seen. Which can be avoided by said player making a room that the zombies wouldn't be able to get to, go inside and log out.
    That is okay because we usually hide inside of a room and are all scared as the zombies break the walls. It is just fun that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Linx77 View Post
    Just one thing needs to be said about this post, who the hell cares (except you). People will just hide in a ditch overnight if they can't log out and overall this feature would just be an annoyance. There is always task manager and ALT+F4 to exit games. This sub-forum is called pimp dreams not pimp whining so rather than whining you should just play this dam amazing game
    You can alt+f4 out of the game but the server should not eject you out of the server. It isn't about caring what other people do it is about added realism and immersion. Things happen in real life and if you can just quit out of the game at any time it takes away the realism. For example it was a design decision to disable a pause mode in single player mode. It is great! It adds immersion. It makes me have to think where to hide before I go to the bathroom. Why are you whining about my idea? It was a dream of mine to have persistent players, this is just one excuse.

  3. #18
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    1
    If someone logs out due to nightfall, just travel over to their base. You're almost guaranteed to spawn a horde sometime during the night. Even though I had a bed placed in the junkyard, if someone happened to be around there while I was away, as soon as I'd log on, my place would be overrun with z's.

    But in all honesty, if I'm being inundated with z's, i'll just log off for a while and when I come back, they're gone. I think I have the right to do that.

  4. #19
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nitnoid View Post
    If someone logs out due to nightfall, just travel over to their base. You're almost guaranteed to spawn a horde sometime during the night. Even though I had a bed placed in the junkyard, if someone happened to be around there while I was away, as soon as I'd log on, my place would be overrun with z's.

    But in all honesty, if I'm being inundated with z's, i'll just log off for a while and when I come back, they're gone. I think I have the right to do that.
    I don't think you people are getting it. It isn't about getting "vengeance" I am not mad at anybody for quitting. In single player when you press escape it doesn't pause the game. WHY? Because of immersion. Knowing you can't quit the game because night is about to occur adds to this sort of realism which everyone can participate in. You might have to go to the bathroom and want to press escape to pause the game in single player too, but it doesn't let you do that because of realism, instead you actually have to quit the game in single player to effectively "pause" the game. This would be another form of added realism. If you are tired and want to go to bed, you are consciously making a decision to go to bed when the game is about to turn night because you don't want to deal with "survival" instead of deciding to go to bed when the game turns night time you would decide to go to bed when the game turns to day time. And if you want to log off you should have to log off somewhere safe or else suffer possibly dying. Persistence in the game just makes sense, and it is the direction keystones and locked chests are going anyway.

  5. #20
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0
    surviving the night isnt difficult, its actually easier outside at night, since for some reason mobs have gps when your down below mining, but cant see u when your right behind them without even crouching.

    I would be more concerned about game mechanics of mobs than night time quitters.

  6. #21
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    9,157
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by EnableScope View Post
    In single player when you press escape it doesn't pause the game. WHY? Because of immersion.
    Actually Alt-F4 pauses the single player game.
    Takes minute tops to restart afterwards and I'm back exactly where I was with nothing dropped and no inventory shuffle. No big deal.

    Immersion is paused, too, when I pause the game.
    IMO, the (SP) game should just pause on ESC. Would be a more professional implementation.


    As to the rest of it:
    7DTD is an open world game with a lot of ways to play it and not everyone wants to play the way you do.
    On your own server you can just ban everyone who isn't hardcore enough to be allowed to play with you but who are you to try and dictate to everyone how to play the game?

  7. #22
    Reconstructionist Lexicroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    556
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by EnableScope View Post
    ....In single player when you press escape it doesn't pause the game. WHY? Because of immersion....
    ALT + TAB pause the game

  8. #23
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicroft View Post
    ALT + TAB pause the game
    Sure, just like putting your computer to sleep or hibernating your computer pauses the game. That is not a function of the game, that is you exploiting the game.

  9. #24
    Colony Founder Kurogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,535
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by EnableScope View Post
    I don't think you people are getting it. It isn't about getting "vengeance" I am not mad at anybody for quitting. In single player when you press escape it doesn't pause the game. WHY? Because of immersion. Knowing you can't quit the game because night is about to occur adds to this sort of realism which everyone can participate in. You might have to go to the bathroom and want to press escape to pause the game in single player too, but it doesn't let you do that because of realism, instead you actually have to quit the game in single player to effectively "pause" the game. This would be another form of added realism. If you are tired and want to go to bed, you are consciously making a decision to go to bed when the game is about to turn night because you don't want to deal with "survival" instead of deciding to go to bed when the game turns night time you would decide to go to bed when the game turns to day time. And if you want to log off you should have to log off somewhere safe or else suffer possibly dying. Persistence in the game just makes sense, and it is the direction keystones and locked chests are going anyway.
    Regardless of your motivation, this idea doesn't seem very popular. Perhaps it's better left for a mod than implementation.

  10. #25
    Colony Founder h0tr0d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    3,407
    Rep Power
    1
    Enablescope has a point, and the worst language he used was "chicken" or 'coward" to the same effect.

    I would say that is your point of view Scope, and many share it I am sure. A feature to enable "sleepers" ala Rust! Admins can enable it/disable it depending on the level of "hardcore" they want. Just because he wishes this doesn't mean he values the game over rl. And heck sometimes some of us get into a game like this; I do when battling depression.



    Good idea Scope, to have a sleepers toggle switch! But understand not everyone who logs off is a coward nor wishes this type of feature. I agree we need some sort of balance so people don't log off as the dogs are bearing down to avoid dying (I have done this ha!), or quitting out to avoid hordes coming to their base.

    Remember the game is in Alpha, and GPS or homing zombie hordes is in the game, meaning they will sometimes come right for your base. To balance this some people log off, to avoid massive base destruction. I am sure less will do so once the homing zombies issue is addressed.

    But wanting more immersion is to be commended; I just hope they can what with H1z1 coming out.

  11. #26
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,821
    Rep Power
    1
    Again, most "solutions" for this "problem" cause more problems than they solve.
    A player logs off in beginning of night and logs back in after 15 min
    ...was he cheating or just went to bathroom coz he didn't feel like sh*tting his pants ?

    Solution: Find a server with people who play the way you like and has rules that agree with you and has admins to enforce the rules.

  12. #27
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    0
    Not all ppl like hordes, I prefer PvP because zeds hordes are really annoying.

    I don't find any fun in an horde regularly pointing to my base: why I should let the horde to destroy it? Why every night (or day) I should waste ammo and resource to kill all zeds in an horde and repair my base? Every time the same way? What is the purpose?
    IMO this gameplay is really demential.

    I would prefer zeds be more active even during the day but spawned mainly near POIs to make more challenging the looting activity.

    Also hordes should be active near villages or buildings. In remote zones I think the zeds should be very rare: there you can build your base without annoying hordes regularly coming from nowhere and defend you from other players that are more challenging that any AI.

    This is why during the night I leave my base and stand over a column far from there when I need crafting, otherwise I log out because I feel myself like an idiot firing to those zeds moving at lightspeed. No fun to me.

  13. #28
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,621
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by EnableScope View Post
    People should only be able to quit the game between 6 morning to 12 midday. So that if they try to log out their character stays persistent in the world and when they log in zombies are attacking them and destroying their bases. Too many people quit during night just because they don't want to die. We need an anti-chicken feature.
    Unfortunatly that can't be helped. If they want to quit there is nothing the Fun Pimps can do or would do. If they did that then they would be losing their consumers, and they don't want that. The worst you could do is call them chickens (anything more would be abuse and bullying).

  14. #29
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,621
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike06 View Post
    A player logs off in beginning of night and logs back in after 15 min
    ...was he cheating or just went to bathroom coz he didn't feel like sh*tting his pants ?
    Yeah, there is no way to tell, and who would stalk players to see if they log out at night anyway? Why would you care? Are they abandoning you? You can't really do anything about people being ****ies sorry to say.

  15. #30
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EnableScope View Post
    People should only be able to quit the game between 6 morning to 12 midday. So that if they try to log out their character stays persistent in the world and when they log in zombies are attacking them and destroying their bases. Too many people quit during night just because they don't want to die. We need an anti-chicken feature.
    This behaviour ruins server play for me. I played on a server run by a friend of a friend, but we'd routinely log off each evening (it was a 120 minute day or 120 minute 24h cycle), because night time is boring and frustrating, and increasingly only one of us 3 would be online at any given time, making it effectively singleplayer except with a shared base.

    I have in mind starting a server of my own, some day, for friends to play on, but the server will only be running at specified times of day, e.g. every Monday for 3 hours from 1900 to 2200, where everybody is supposed to come on and play. And then we play constantly, not logging off at night, but stop the game at some reasonable time after sunrise, to resume play next week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •