Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Discord Ban ? Why

  1. #1
    Scavenger DigitalSanctuary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    In Your Mind!
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Discord Ban ? Why

    I am asling this on be half of a close friend,

    They was banned from the official discord for sending a friends request and a invite to there discord server ? is this even fair ?

    "Username removed" Yesterday at 00:42
    Hi.
    If you send any other member an invite to your "Server Name Removed" server, I'll ban you. This is your warning. Thanks!
    The person that sent the message his name was in white and as far as i know he was not a member of staff...

    I also understand my friends reply to this random user.

    My friend ONLY sent one friends request and one invite to there server, hardly worthy of a ban?.

    I thought that discord was for making friends and inviteing people to other servers, this is how i have joined discord in the first place.

    I would understand if my friend sent invites to every person on the pimps official discord but that was not the case.

  2. #2
    Leader Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Under the snow
    Posts
    5,710
    Rep Power
    1
    While I'm not familiar with their Discord rules or the situation that took place... I do understand the idea of "Their discord server, their rules", which means, if they wanted to ban you for saying hello, they're well within their rights to do so. Fair or not, being on this website and on their Discord is a privilege, not a right.

    Of course, I'm sure if your friend is in fact innocent of any rule breakage, then I'm sure a mod will look into it and resolve it for you as hackers do occasionally happen.

  3. #3
    Scavenger DigitalSanctuary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    In Your Mind!
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0
    Well yeah i know and my friends now the discord rules because we both taken the time to read them and there is nothing in the rules that says "you can not sent invites to another discord or send friends requests"

    You may well ask why hant my friend come on the forums and posted this them self, quite simple they dont use forums and so refused to come and post this, and asked me if i would post this request on there behalf.

    I hope a mod will look into it. because my friend is in fact innocent of any rule breakage! (can and will provide screenshots of the PM in question and and when asked to do so.) this is why i have removed the name of the person or persons inquestion as well as the server name.

    Thanks For Your Reply Fox!

  4. #4
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,561
    Rep Power
    1
    While I can understand completely not allowing other discord servers to be linked, this seems a bit excessive. Based on the warning message, it was just a warning, and stated that the next time they would get banned.

    Also, a little confused as to why your friend would invite and share the link on a public channel instead of using a direct message.

    Sending you a PM.

  5. #5
    Scavenger DigitalSanctuary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    In Your Mind!
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    While I can understand completely not allowing other discord servers to be linked, this seems a bit excessive. Based on the warning message, it was just a warning, and stated that the next time they would get banned.

    Also, a little confused as to why your friend would invite and share the link on a public channel instead of using a direct message.

    Sending you a PM.
    The invite was NOT sent in public it was sent to a person my friend was or had been helping with a issue he / she had at the time. Also he sent a friends request as well. as they said to myself. i dont see that they did anything wrong with sending private requests.

    OK gonna look at the PM

  6. #6
    Leader Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Under the snow
    Posts
    5,710
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSanctuary View Post
    The invite was NOT sent in public it was sent to a person my friend was or had been helping with a issue he / she had at the time. Also he sent a friends request as well. as they said to myself. i dont see that they did anything wrong with sending private requests.

    OK gonna look at the PM
    Well that makes no sense. If the invites were sent privately, how could anyone but the recipient know an invite was sent at all? This sounds fishy to me.

  7. #7
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    22,303
    Rep Power
    1
    Something is hokey about this.

  8. #8
    Scavenger DigitalSanctuary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    In Your Mind!
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Well that makes no sense. If the invites were sent privately, how could anyone but the recipient know an invite was sent at all? This sounds fishy to me.
    Well the only thing my friend and i have concluded from this is the fact that the person they sent the invite too has contacted this "name removed!" person on discord who originaly send my friend the message and said something to him / her?.

    That is the only obvious thing to have happened in this case, So how is this fishy ?.

    Every thing i have said about this matter has been totaly truthfully, Remember i am doing this on my friends behalf, I have nothing to gain or lose my self by doing this i am ONLY helping a friend.

    Would'nt you do the same for your friends ?.



    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Something is hokey about this.

    No quite sure what you mean by that ?.

    Maybe if you would have typed in plain english we may have better understood what your trying to say?.

  9. #9
    Leader Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Under the snow
    Posts
    5,710
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSanctuary View Post
    Well the only thing my friend and i have concluded from this is the fact that the person they sent the invite too has contacted this "name removed!" person on discord who originaly send my friend the message and said something to him / her?.

    That is the only obvious thing to have happened in this case, So how is this fishy ?.

    Every thing i have said about this matter has been totaly truthfully, Remember i am doing this on my friends behalf, I have nothing to gain or lose my self by doing this i am ONLY helping a friend.

    Would'nt you do the same for your friends ?.

    No quite sure what you mean by that ?.

    Maybe if you would have typed in plain english we may have better understood what your trying to say?.
    Ah, a snitch / troublemaker... somewhat uncommon but I have met my fair share over the years (mainly back when I was moderating). They usually don't last long though, at least not in these forums.

    And trust me, I wasn't accusing you of anything. I definitely think you're being honest here as like you said, you have nothing to gain or lose in this. The situation just didn't make any sense to me at the time. And yes, I help friends and complete strangers out all the time, it's one of my worst qualities, lol.

  10. #10
    Scavenger DigitalSanctuary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    In Your Mind!
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah thanks for that Fox, could not find it in the english concise dictionary well my copy anyway then i realised that the guy in question had a usa flag so yeah quick google search and it is indeed a americanism... who would have thought it eh!... Happy days...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •