Thread: Map Generation Bug - Building Spawn at Fixed Height

Refugee

Map Generation Bug - Building Spawn at Fixed Height

20190707161300_1.jpg

I'm having issues with maps not generating the buildings correctly. It seems to be generating them on a specific, fixed height value instead of on the natural curvature of the map. This occurs every time I'm generating a new map since I got patch 17.4 . I'm not seeing any bugs from other posters about this off the top, so I imagine that it might have something to do with how it's running on my machine. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by The34zyD View Post
    20190707161300_1.jpg

I'm having issues with maps not generating the buildings correctly. It seems to be generating them on a specific, fixed height value instead of on the natural curvature of the map. This occurs every time I'm generating a new map since I got patch 17.4 . I'm not seeing any bugs from other posters about this off the top, so I imagine that it might have something to do with how it's running on my machine. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    What seed are you using, and what size world?

Refugee
    the size is 8192x8192, but I don't know the seed. I deleted the world this screenshot came from, but this has been consistent with the last 3 worlds I've tried to generate with a random seed. I can generate another world and see if I can pull the seed from it.

Refugee
    Attachment 28773
    I don't know if I can view the seed of this new world, but here's the result of the new world I tried to generate. I selected a new, random world without inputting anything into the map seed.

Refugee
    I also went ahead and generated another new map, using a default map type with Zuhehi Territory.20190710140021_1.jpg

Do you leave the seed name blank? Also, a log file would be helpful.

Refugee
    Yes, The seed name is blank. Do you know where I can access the log file?

<gamefolder>/7DaysToDie_Data/output_log__<DATETIME>.txt