Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random Gen is Terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by pApA^LeGBa View Post
    i liked the infinite maps most. Not sure when they esxisted. 13?14?

infinite maps appeared in A9 along with the first version of the RWG.

Refugee
    Get Nitrogen RWG https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...rator-for-7DtD, donn't need seeds anymore. Get Krita and change the biomes the way you like https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...al-using-Krita
    The RWG works very fast, here a sample of what you can do with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cynyr; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:37 AM.

There are lots of good lessons to be learned with NitroGen. While a big fan, the use of such a small set of predefined cracks and rivers really needs improvement.

My favorite part of random gen are the surprises, and with NitroGen basically being caveless and having predictable cracks and rivers, I still enjoy vanilla's biome quilt a bit more for it's unpredictability.

Quote Originally Posted by warmer View Post
    There are lots of good lessons to be learned with NitroGen. While a big fan, the use of such a small set of predefined cracks and rivers really needs improvement.

My favorite part of random gen are the surprises, and with NitroGen basically being caveless and having predictable cracks and rivers, I still enjoy vanilla's biome quilt a bit more for it's unpredictability.
    Unpredictability in current vanilla random gen? Its horribly predictable. The only thing that ISNT predictable is weather or not u will get a decent sized town anywhere on your map.

Nitrogen is 10,000 times better than current vanilla, its almost unplayable its so bad.

Reconstructionist
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...light=nitrogen

I use this to generate 16K worlds for my server.

Nitrogen generates beautiful worlds. There are a lot of configuration options. I use this to generate 16K worlds for my server and my players all tell me it is by far the best world they have ever seen.

Vanilla RWG is seriously broken. I'm optimistic that A18 will see RWG return to it's glory days.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by n2n1 View Post
    infinite maps appeared in A9 along with the first version of the RWG.
    Ahh damn. So early. I am here too long already. I miss those crossroads where you had 2,3 or 4 buildings in the middle of nowhere. Like a hotel, a gas n pass and 2 houses. Now itīs just small cabins in the wild and cities/towns.

Survivor
    For me, biomes are everything. That and a good mix of POI. I could care less about bugs. Occasional floating POI? Who cares? Bad road? Feh!

Now having 3 different biomes in a single city? Thats trash. I cannot stand the fact that I had to carry dessert clothing in order to traverse the city I am looting on a bike. Even worse, I see people showing 'preffered' biomes that have types spread 2K apart. In my mid game, I make mines in every biome for the resources. I dont need to drive half a day out of my way.

And out of 4 RWG so far, it always seems like at least 2 or 3 key interesting POIs are missing. Not the same ones each time. Sometimes its the hospital, sometimes its the MSG factory. Sometimes I will not have any POI that specializes Working Stiff crates, but there will be a dozen Pop-a-pill stores. Is this Hollywood?

Dont get me wrong, the terrain and prefabs are a great improvement. But so far when it comes to just the shuffling up of biomes, buildings, and land shapes (like how lakes and rivers used to be generated), A16 was much better RWG rules. I could live with a few broken roads. Better than seeing an entire flat world from the gyro at +100.

Refugee
    I really like CDDA maps. Each town feels unique.
    Good randomgen is difficult though.

cities.jpg

Link to image because attachment is blurry.

Granted the pois are much better in A17, but I like the road layout of A16 better. The circle shaped cities are not as interesting as the randomly shaped cities and towns of A16. But I would bet that's something TFP are already improving for A18 or beyond.

If you don't want to go through Nitro and just have the terrain gen do it-> Tins-Modlet-Tweaks In modlet form so it is just a plug n play.
    Last edited by Tin; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:10 PM.