Thread: I wish new players at more HUB information

Refugee

Lightbulb I wish new players at more HUB information

By default, as of 17.4b4, the following information is available to the player:
    - Health
    - Stamina
    - Compass, orientation
    - Day/Time

When you are thirsty or hungry or cold or wet, I wish we had more information. We don't see any kind of values that would help a new player.
    It's been a long time since last I played and when the Water icon appeared, I rush to get some water thinking I was going to die, then I noticed I was above 100 after drinking. What is the maximum value?

I was also in the impression that as soon as you have meat in your backpack, you were smelling and zombies would come after you because it's tasty... I carried all my food on me for 2 days and never smelled. (Not rotten but not cooked either) I read it was broken in a16 and it would be fixed in a17, I don't know...

I know there are a mod called SimpleUI, which I installed (only the HUB stuff though). I believe the following should be at all time available to the player:
    - Health
    - Stamina
    - Compass, orientation
    - Day/Time
    - Outside Temperature/Current condition
    - Hunger
    - Thirst
    - Core Temp (You can push this and require the user to have a thermometer in his/her inventory to have this displayed with more details)
    - Smelling (like the stealth bar)
    - Describe effect better when a player is very hungry, getting hotter, is wet, is bleeding and be clear as to what is going to happen if those statuses are not addressed.

- Player level, zombies killed and number of death is very nice to have too.

Technically, it's my body, I should know if I feel cold and how cold I feel. How hungry I am and if lunch can wait until tomorrow. And I can guarantee you, I know when I smell XD

There is also some simple survival tricks to predict the weather in real life. For example, if you see a halo around the moon at night, there is a good chance it will rain the next day. (I read a cadet book to learn that ) Just throwing that out there.

Side note: I'm very excited to start playing again, I don't know why I stopped :P

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by SickWolf View Post
    When you are thirsty or hungry or cold or wet, I wish we had more information.
    Definitely this. I always expect the detailed values, just like the health/stamina show.

It's been a long time since last I played and when the Water icon appeared, I rush to get some water thinking I was going to die, then I noticed I was above 100 after drinking. What is the maximum value?
    The problem is that there are multiple "water" icons, one gray that appears at 75% telling you that your recovery is dropping (not critical, but still good to know, if you need every bit of regen you can get) and one orange that appears at 50% (even at this stage, drinking can still be postponed - on a case-by-case basis). The only one that needs immediate fixing is the flashing red icon, if you have that then you'll start losing health.

I was also in the impression that as soon as you have meat in your backpack, you were smelling and zombies would come after you because it's tasty... I carried all my food on me for 2 days and never smelled. (Not rotten but not cooked either) I read it was broken in a16 and it would be fixed in a17, I don't know...
    No, they never brought it back. It was replaced with a sound system now, when you run or step on debris you generate more noise, and nearby zombies will hear it and come investigate. Sneaking generates less noise, but is quite slow.

- Describe effect better when a player is very hungry, getting hotter, is wet, is bleeding and be clear as to what is going to happen if those statuses are not addressed.
    This might already be available in the character page ("B"), when you click on each status in the list to the right. Could maybe show more exact values, but in general i think it's arguably good enough.

- Player level, zombies killed and number of death is very nice to have too.
    Number of available skill points too. But i think they consider having this much info to be UI clutter, so maybe there should be different HUD modes?

it's my body, I should know if I feel cold and how cold I feel. How hungry I am and if lunch can wait until tomorrow.
    You mean more immediately available than through the stats subpage of the character ("B") page? They tried to have a more fuzzy system, with the orange / red status icons hinting at how severe the problem is...