Thread: Learning points doesn't stack

Refugee

Exclamation Learning points doesn't stack

Hello
    So i have noticed that bug today (16/7/2019).
    I have made 2 levels one by one and only one of these gave me the learning points, to explain further i will use an example:

i have got one level giving like 5 learning points, then i got level giving 4 points for that, at this moment i should have 9 points but when i checked my character it had only 5 learning points so leveling literally wasted my hard made points and i can't use them.

I have tested it few times and it seems to work all the time, it never add up Learning points if u dont use them and make another level up.

Provided the most information i can provide as normal player doing tests.

You get 1 point for each level. You get 4 points when you complete the beginner quests. (when you place the campfire)

Refugee
    Maybe i didn't provided important information as state of my single save game, i cannot precise how many points u are awarded by making levels, but i have made on my save like 50lvl+ and these levels seems to provide more than 1 point per level because higher stats require more points, so at my point i have made 50lv+ and my learning points cannot stack.

Refugee
    Unless the server has been modified, you always get 1 per level. The attributes require more points each time to prevent people from very quickly maxing out all three.

Refugee
    Or you cannot understand me properly or i am wrongly explaining you where the problem is.
    I am playing on normal single player world without any modifications, the only important difference between standard vanilla game and mine is 300% exp rate which need 3x less time to level up. So i am starting any game and the problem is the only one which i am trying to explain.

I have made on my previous single player saved like 20hours of gameplay, and normally i have made my levels (by killing zombies and quests), sometimes levels gave me 1 point and sometimes more than that (still only 300% xp gain rate, nothing more). But this is not the case i am mad on.
    The biggest problem are learning points which can't stack properly - if u level one by one, checked giving levels by cheat mode, if u get a lot of levels in one "tick" game gives properly amount of learning points and there is no problem with stacking points, but who level by 2 or 3 at once xD

BEFORE WATCHING VIDEO ADJUST VOLUME TO 20% to dont get earrape
    TL;DR and proof (Video) right here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAAhfM44zJw
    Version of game is 17.4 (played 26/7/2019)

For those who are interested in exhaustive explanation lets go below:

[Everything is on video]

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am playing single player world, starting with 1 lvl.
    Doing tutorial can give me 4 points. (But for purpose of this experiment i avoid making that so there points wont make chaos)

Step 2: I have simple 0 points then i get level 2 by killing zombies.

At this moment game gives me 1 learning points.
    But let's go further, i dont know where should i use my points (or want to make it later) so i level up still without deciding to use points.

Step 3: I have made Level 3 and game gave me 2 more skill points, but surprisingly my skill points available are 2. (LOST 1 POINT)

In normal game it should adds up so i should have right now 3 learning points, but no.
    I have right now 2 Learning points being on level 3 right now. Let's go even further.

Step 4: I make level 4 by killing zombies and got 3 skills points to spend.

With simple calculation i should have 6 right now because i haven't used any points.
    ANOTHER SURPRISE
    Points to spend in my character list: 3 (IT SHOULD BE 6, LOST 3 POINTS)

Step 5: I level up further and make Level 5 which gives me 4 skill points to spend.

Right now after all levels i should have 10 Learning points ready to spend but this game loves to surprise everyone, and i have ONLY 4 POINTS to spend. LOST 6 POINTS IN 4 LEVEL UPS

------------------------------------------------------------

In that moment there is no more sense in playing game and u will notice it after dozens of hours.

If u all says that game after certain level gives only 1 point i can make even thousand level ups and i still will have 1 stupid learning point to use, but skills later require more than 1.
    Is my game copy broken or u did not even noticed that?
    Last edited by Verazirr; 07-26-2019 at 12:43 AM.

Your game seems to be working correctly. At level 5, you should have 4 points to spend. (given that you didn't do the opening quests)

If you think you should have more points, you have been given bad information either about the game or about math.

Also, they do stack as you can see in your video, because at level 5 you have 4 points. That is a stack of...
    Last edited by Beelzybub; 07-26-2019 at 01:23 AM.

Refugee
    Did u watched video or readed whole explanation?
    How should i have only 4 learning points after making 4 levels and getting by that way in summary 10 points? Especially where i did not used EVEN 1 point.
    I have eyes so you dont need to tell me that i should have 4 points because i know that and u see that i have them on video proof.
    But i see that i got 4 points by one level and where are the rest of my points? So by going that logic if i use every points in every level i will achieve moment where i will have 90 level for example, 2 skills maxed, and later i cant even train more skills because game locking them up by getting 1 learning point where these grants from level up cannot be added to itself.

DEFINITELY SEE VIDEO THEN REPLY PLS

You never got 4 points for a level. You got 1 point per level, which is why you have 4 points.
    When the game says;
    "Level Up! You are now level 5 and have 4 skill points to spend" on the screen, it is telling you
    your total points. Which is 4. It does not mean you got 4 points for that level.

You get 1 point per level.

Refugee
    I used to be a RPG player and never saw such absurdal system where game explains REMAINING points after level up in this way, especially when it can be interpreted wrongly like i did, because one time i saw at Level up to 3 and 2 points, then i saw Level up to 3 and 1 point for whole game and could't understand why is it so stupid, because it was telling all the time that I HAVE points instead I GOT.

IMO Every people who is experienced in getting exactly information about leveling can be distracted how this works.
    If anyone from administration read these forums please notify creators so they will in tutorial logs place that 1 level gives 1 point.
    At this moment i noticed that difference and seems like there is nothing from me to add than topic is solved.

Refugee
    I feel like this would be more of a localization issue than anything. I don't mean to deride your English, but it doesn't seem to be your first language (You're using it just fine, don't worry). To me the level up notification is clear about having points remaining versus gaining them. Could a translated localization maybe help?
    Last edited by Wyndrunner2002; 07-26-2019 at 12:16 PM. Reason: changed wording "Fix this" to "Help"

Refugee
    Well, to be honest it is not my main language but my english should not be on that level to distract me just by one notification in game.
    As i said before i started many saves and on one of them i have seen 2 points at level 3, then more points at another levels and it made me thinking that this is the amount of points that we get by this one level, and i would never think that it shows REMAINING amount.
    Comments saying i get 1 point per level for me couldn't approach to me because of that difference in displaying remaining points at random save, and never saw system where from 1-oo level we get all the time same amount of skill points, this made me confusing too.