Thread: Problems configuring a PVP server

Refugee

Problems configuring a PVP server

Hi!

I'm a new server manager, and I'm trying to configure a PVP server, but when my friends enter the server, the claim is not working, everything is "green", they can put blocks anywhere. If one of them put a claim, the others can still put blocks as if there was no claim, they can even put a claim over another claim (they are not "friends" in the friend list).

What am I doing wrong?

I changed, on the configuration file, the "GameMode" to "GameModeSurvivalMP" and "GameModeSurvivalPvP" and nothing changes.

The land claim options
    Code:
    <property name="LandClaimCount"					value="1"/>					<!-- Maximum allowed land claims per player. -->
    	<property name="LandClaimSize"					value="51"/>				<!-- Size in blocks that is protected by a keystone -->
    	<property name="LandClaimDeadZone"				value="20"/>				<!-- Keystones must be this many blocks apart (unless you are friends with the other player) -->
    	<property name="LandClaimExpiryTime"			        value="3"/>					<!-- The number of days a player can be offline before their claims expire and are no longer protected -->
    	<property name="LandClaimDecayMode"				value="0"/>					<!-- Controls how offline players land claims decay. All claims have full protection for the first 24hrs. 0=Linear, 1=Exponential, 2=Full protection until claim is expired. -->
    	<property name="LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier"	        value="50"/>				<!-- How much protected claim area block hardness is increased when a player is online. 0 means infinite (no damage will ever be taken). Default is 4x -->
    	<property name="LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier"	        value="150"/>

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Your settings are a little off.

<property name="GameMode" value="GameModeSurvival"/>
    This is the only option now.

PvE/PvP is set by the following option.
    <property name="PlayerKillingMode" value="3" /> <!-- Player Killing Settings (0 = No Killing, 1 = Kill Allies Only, 2 = Kill Strangers Only, 3 = Kill Everyone) -->

Your LCB durability modifiers might need some work as well.

For both online and offline durability...
    "How much protected claim area block hardness is increased when a player is offline. 0 means infinite (no damage will ever be taken). Default is 4x"

So you've got online set to 50x, and offline set to 150x. Or basically a 10k block has 500k or 1,500k health respectively. It's possible you may be exceeding calculated limits. Try starting with something small and working up.