Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Hey TFP, is posting about the xray glitch like beating a dead horse?

  1. #1
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    0

    Hey TFP, is posting about the xray glitch like beating a dead horse?

    This completely ruins the multiplayer PVP servers afaic. The only reason I play 7 days anymore is for the PVP servers. Griefers gonna grief, I know, but FIX IT PLEASE. Those of us who aren't acting like 12 year olds and using these glitches are tired of the dbags that think they are bada$$ because they used xray to find our bases. I surmise that this probably can't be fixed based on the graphics engine.

    Shame...

    This game has such HUGE promise but so much game breaking issues.

  2. #2
    Colony Founder TSBX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    "Welcome to Costco, I love you."
    Posts
    2,100
    Rep Power
    1
    PM Roland with reproduction steps and I'm sure he'd be happy to pass it on to the team to take a look at.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,596
    Rep Power
    2
    Waiting...

  4. #4
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    1
    Can we fix PvP issues when the game is ready? And keep the focus on SP/Coop like it was promised?

  5. #5
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanX View Post
    This completely ruins the multiplayer PVP servers afaic. The only reason I play 7 days anymore is for the PVP servers. Griefers gonna grief, I know, but FIX IT PLEASE. Those of us who aren't acting like 12 year olds and using these glitches are tired of the dbags that think they are bada$$ because they used xray to find our bases. I surmise that this probably can't be fixed based on the graphics engine.

    Shame...

    This game has such HUGE promise but so much game breaking issues.
    The X-ray was deceptively simple: an overhead radiation source in a steerable gantry, And I think MW is dead in the water right now as well FaceTime for Android?
    Last edited by Beau637; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:44 AM.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,596
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by pApA^LeGBa View Post
    Can we fix PvP issues when the game is ready? And keep the focus on SP/Coop like it was promised?
    Finding and eliminating instances where entities clip into voxels is a voxel engine game issue and not a PvP issue. Since they promised this would be a voxel game they really need to know when another instance is found.

  7. #7
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    0
    Keep the focus on SP/coop? Hasn't it always been? It happens in SP/coop also and can be used to break the buried treasure quests. I can clip through at will and know exactly where the treasure is. Is it too much to ask for this one thing in pvp? Yikes! Part of the problem in explaining it is it happens so spontaneously that it's hard to know exactly how it happens sometimes. It's always the result of digging and moving around in tight spaces then BAM there you are looking underground. Many players know how to make this happen at will and it's abused. This -one-single-issue- is the bane of pvp and indeed many many people leave over it. My last pvp server teammate left the game after we were raided because someone used this technique. I'm not ready to go without pushing for this to be fixed. I'm not sure why it seems to be treated as a small issue. It's game breaking. And this IS a PvP game AS WELL. Otherwise there wouldn't be pvp features in it. If it's not intended to be pvp then let us know and take those features out. I suppose I could explain reproduction steps to someone in a PM but I sure ain't gonna post how to do it in public forums. Besides, I don't even know all the ways to do it, just one. And others out there know many other ways to do it, and abuse it.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,596
    Rep Power
    2
    Thanks for the PM Ryan. Iíll attempt to reproduce it in an A18 build and then let the devs know.

  9. #9
    Reconstructionist OnlyMeiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanX View Post
    Keep the focus on SP/coop? Hasn't it always been? It happens in SP/coop also and can be used to break the buried treasure quests. I can clip through at will and know exactly where the treasure is. Is it too much to ask for this one thing in pvp? Yikes! Part of the problem in explaining it is it happens so spontaneously that it's hard to know exactly how it happens sometimes. It's always the result of digging and moving around in tight spaces then BAM there you are looking underground. Many players know how to make this happen at will and it's abused. This -one-single-issue- is the bane of pvp and indeed many many people leave over it. My last pvp server teammate left the game after we were raided because someone used this technique. I'm not ready to go without pushing for this to be fixed. I'm not sure why it seems to be treated as a small issue. It's game breaking. And this IS a PvP game AS WELL. Otherwise there wouldn't be pvp features in it. If it's not intended to be pvp then let us know and take those features out. I suppose I could explain reproduction steps to someone in a PM but I sure ain't gonna post how to do it in public forums. Besides, I don't even know all the ways to do it, just one. And others out there know many other ways to do it, and abuse it.
    Its a losing battle unfortunately, too many people try to take this intangible moral high ground when it comes to regards for pvp vs pve in the sense that most of them legit do not care for our complaints for broken PVP or multiplayer.

    While I will never resign myself from that fight as I want to see this game actually fun again not much seems to stem from forum discussion as the majority of players are single player/Co-op PVE'rs with very little sense of multiplayer or PVP concepts, in synopsis our tiny voices become drowned out as the mosh pit of "Entitled" PVE'rs go directly for our throats for even mentioning any problems that are not PVE related.


    Its a sad sad situations considering we are tossed on back burner for people who only care about themselves.

    There are more pressing problems than simply the X-ray glitch that destroy multiplayer/PVP applications and pretty much no one really seems to care about how we feel about a game that has constantly declined in the game mode we have the most fun in.

    Just for the heck of it I went and played with a few exclusively PVE communities to see what would come of it.

    It was very very annoying...none of them could understand any of my tactics for dealing with hordes,
    Quote Originally Posted by Some_Idiots
    ZOMG WHY R U PARKORE AROUND THEE HORDE BASE U NOOB GOD U SUK "
    (Even though within just starting within a night I had surpassed all of them in terms of level and zed kill count )



    didn't understand efficient base block placements, item management, accessibility and they were mostly all too scared to venture out at night and were mostly horrible shots, Packing some of them with me actually hindered me more than help me

    It's like they legit just had no faith or understanding of my skills.

    Oh and when I was trying to educate them on certain things that only advanced players would probably know about I was called a smug know it all.

    So yea, my perception of PVE Players is not a very bright one considering any team of PVE'rs I've played with just... simply aren't that good because they have never needed to be, this game isn't as hard as you think and the only reason I became so good was due to the online PVP pressure.

    Also I got bored after 2 IRL days of playing and sought out a different game.
    Would come back too it, for about 5 minutes, then get bored and log back off.

    I just legit can't find entertainment in this game's developmental stage and its driving me insane, and when I ask for something very simple so the game is still fun for me (and others like me )in the mean time, its not met with any type of consolation, but ostracism and tyranny.


    So arguing with all the PVE'ers about PVP is like playing chess with a pigeon

    It doesn't matter how good your point/argument is; the bird is going to take a crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    Last edited by OnlyMeiya; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:25 PM.

  10. #10
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hamburg - Germany
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Finding and eliminating instances where entities clip into voxels is a voxel engine game issue and not a PvP issue. Since they promised this would be a voxel game they really need to know when another instance is found.
    can we get a list with known instances? I know about eight ways to clip currently, but it would take time to verify and document those for debug usage.

    I'd really not want to do it if it's already known bugs

    Tried the forum search. We do not see eye to eye.

  11. #11
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hamburg - Germany
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMeiya View Post
    Its a losing battle unfortunately, too many people try to take this intangible moral high ground when it comes to regards for pvp vs pve in the sense that most of them legit do not care for our complaints for broken PVP or multiplayer.

    While I will never resign myself from that fight as I want to see this game actually fun again not much seems to stem from forum discussion as the majority of players are single player/Co-op PVE'rs with very little sense of multiplayer or PVP concepts, in synopsis our tiny voices become drowned out as the mosh pit of "Entitled" PVE'rs go directly for our throats for even mentioning any problems that are not PVE related.


    Its a sad sad situations considering we are tossed on back burner for people who only care about themselves.

    There are more pressing problems than simply the X-ray glitch that destroy multiplayer/PVP applications and pretty much no one really seems to care about how we feel about a game that has constantly declined in the game mode we have the most fun in.

    Just for the heck of it I went and played with a few exclusively PVE communities to see what would come of it.

    It was very very annoying...none of them could understand any of my tactics for dealing with hordes,


    (Even though within just starting within a night I had surpassed all of them in terms of level and zed kill count )



    didn't understand efficient base block placements, item management, accessibility and they were mostly all too scared to venture out at night and were mostly horrible shots, Packing some of them with me actually hindered me more than help me

    It's like they legit just had no faith or understanding of my skills.

    Oh and when I was trying to educate them on certain things that only advanced players would probably know about I was called a smug know it all.

    So yea, my perception of PVE Players is not a very bright one considering any team of PVE'rs I've played with just... simply aren't that good because they have never needed to be, this game isn't as hard as you think and the only reason I became so good was due to the online PVP pressure.

    Also I got bored after 2 IRL days of playing and sought out a different game.
    Would come back too it, for about 5 minutes, then get bored and log back off.

    I just legit can't find entertainment in this game's developmental stage and its driving me insane, and when I ask for something very simple so the game is still fun for me (and others like me )in the mean time, its not met with any type of consolation, but ostracism and tyranny.


    So arguing with all the PVE'ers about PVP is like playing chess with a pigeon

    It doesn't matter how good your point/argument is; the bird is going to take a crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    Stop playing with mentally-12 year olds?

    We run a single player pve game. everyone knows how to clip. yet every treasure has a huge crater accompanied with it because nobody uses clipping for those. What's the point anyhow?

    And people who clearly are community-asshats are getting banned. Always accompanied with screams and shouts that we are an unsocial and unfriendly server *g*

    What we are is an adult server. It just works.

    I doubt any of us would use clipping in pvp apart on accident. it just does not make sense. Winning by glitch is not winning at all and therefore worthless.

  12. #12
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,596
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ecv View Post
    can we get a list with known instances? I know about eight ways to clip currently, but it would take time to verify and document those for debug usage.

    I'd really not want to do it if it's already known bugs

    Tried the forum search. We do not see eye to eye.
    Just give me a brief description of all eight and I'll talk to one of the QA guys about it. They love to test and verify and document stuff. Feeds their families and puts their kids through college etc.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,596
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ecv View Post
    What we are is an adult server.
    If that is in your description watch out for Snowdog. He will join for all the wrong reasons creep everyone out....

  14. #14
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ecv View Post
    Stop playing with mentally-12 year olds?

    We run a single player pve game. everyone knows how to clip. yet every treasure has a huge crater accompanied with it because nobody uses clipping for those. What's the point anyhow?

    And people who clearly are community-asshats are getting banned. Always accompanied with screams and shouts that we are an unsocial and unfriendly server *g*

    What we are is an adult server. It just works.

    I doubt any of us would use clipping in pvp apart on accident. it just does not make sense. Winning by glitch is not winning at all and therefore worthless.
    Yeah, so you are exactly the person he was referring to when talking about playing chess with a pigeon. You are the sort of person who doesn't get it.

    When the PvP crowd looks for a server, we have to play on public servers because organizing the type of people who like PvP is like herding cats.

    Therefore, we who want to PvP get on a server and are immediately surrounded by mental (and actual) 12 year olds. We who want to have a fair server are being left in the cold because TFP is not addressing this aspect of the game.

    And damn PvP is so fun and shows so much potential until LEEtHaXxx gets on and cheats to find and destroy your base and steals your loot.

    The point is...hey TFP poop or get off the pot. If you have no intention of fixing PvP, why not just remove the player killing option? If you are not going to remove it, how about a statement about what you plan on doing with PvP? The silence on a broken feature seems weird. I mean TFP hasn't said a word about it, it would be great to at least know that they are aware of it.

    And to use the "still in development" argument...well...I think most of us are resigned to the fact that it will always be. It's so far from any semblance of a finished product that me and many others play it anyway knowing this and just hope they get to fixing issues important to us.
    Last edited by RyanX; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:37 PM.

  15. #15
    Reconstructionist OnlyMeiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ecv View Post
    Stop playing with mentally-12 year olds?

    We run a single player pve game. everyone knows how to clip. yet every treasure has a huge crater accompanied with it because nobody uses clipping for those. What's the point anyhow?

    And people who clearly are community-asshats are getting banned. Always accompanied with screams and shouts that we are an unsocial and unfriendly server *g*

    What we are is an adult server. It just works.

    I doubt any of us would use clipping in pvp apart on accident. it just does not make sense. Winning by glitch is not winning at all and therefore worthless.
    That makes up the majority of players in almost any community.

    You have 12 year olds then you have adult childs lol.

    The difference between my skill and theirs is stiffing and they felt threatened by it instead of wanting to learn from it I guess?

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanX View Post
    Yeah, so you are exactly the person he was referring to when talking about playing chess with a pigeon. You are the sort of person who doesn't get it.
    Pretty much. Derp.

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanX

    When the PvP crowd looks for a server, we have to play on public servers because organizing the type of people who like PvP is like herding cats.
    It's even harder than that now with the limitations we have for PVP something no one seems to understand why I am so very against the land claim block change because they have zero concept of player vs player raiding.

    Some determined players cannot be stopped with just a few thick blocks and due to the limitations of 1 land claim placement (and in some server cases only 3-5 ect) it is VERY easy to map out another players land claim block, which is the process of finding the build-able tiles in which you can place wooden or rebar frames around, upon knowing the servers land claim radius you can place those frames everywhere at the border of the frame and from there its a simple walk by numbers games and its very easy, this takes you to exactly where the land claim is and from there it can be dug up, you lose that 1 land claim and all of your protection is gone and all of your belongings are now trivialized because the land claim radius is also fairly small.

    Pretend O are all the build able wooden frames, X are where you cannot place blocks due to LCB protection radius, and L is the land claim anywhere you cannot build you find the closest you can build and start placing frames around that area just like shown belown, once you map them all out you just use a frame to walk out the middle and count based on whatever the land claim radius is and the server settings tell you what they are.


    O O O O O O O O O O
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    O X X X X L X X X X O
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    O O O O O O O O O O

    So you've mapped them out, now what?
    Find your center

    O O O O O O O O O
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    X X X X L X X X X
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    O X X X X X X X X X O
    O O O O O O O O O O

    So now you've found your center blocks, now what? Well its a simple game of counting inwards now based on the land claim radius for that server

    O O O O O 1 O O O O
    O O O O O 2 O O O O
    O X X X X X 3 X X X O
    O X X X X X 4 X X X O
    O X X X X X 5 X X X O
    1 2 3 4 5 L 7 8 9 10
    O X X X X X 7 X X X O
    O X X X X X 8 X X X O
    O X X X X X 9 X X X O
    O X X X X X 10 X X X O
    O O O O O O O O O O


    This is something you simply won't know if you have never played on a pvp server and why we cannot have only a single land claim active for pvp.

    This is just a rough draft I currently don't have a way to actually show in video how to do this but this is how we find other players land claims and remove them so we uncover base protection. And the forums keeps auto centering the diagram so I would need to draw one out and post that as an image to really relay what I mean, or to make a video about it.

    This is why we NEED unlimited land claims back for multiplayer/Online

    Having smaller land claim radius and more land claims gave us more effective land claim protection because instead of having to dig out only a single land claim they would have to locate several, (In my case my most was about 366 land claims because I would overlap in multiple levels and place "Red Herring" Claims to trap the player or waste time. Its the difference between keeping your base from being raided, or being raided clean.

    So they dig out one, the amount of the base that is now "Free" to build in and scale around to circumvent defenses is MUCH smaller than this way, players had to really work to get into your base, right now its a serious joke. There is hardly no way to protect your base and the only competitive way is to do a Bedrock to Skyblock tower base, which if everyone is forced to build the same way, thats so damn boring and limiting creatively

    If I worked hard on my base for several irl hours I should have the ability to protect it for just as long as I worked on it, regardless of its design as long as the design is solid.


    Quote Originally Posted by RyanX

    Therefore, we who want to PvP get on a server and are immediately surrounded by mental (and actual) 12 year olds. We who want to have a fair server are being left in the cold because TFP is not addressing this aspect of the game.
    This is also true, I can't tell you how my adult babies I've had to deal with especially when I raided them and they rage quit because of it.

    Or killed.


    Quote Originally Posted by RyanX
    And damn PvP is so fun and shows so much potential until LEEtHaXxx gets on and cheats to find and destroy your base and steals your loot.
    The competitive nature of PvP demands a lot from players, in such when you play PVP you will become a better player to the point PVE becomes a joke.

    Also yes, its very fun

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanX
    The point is...hey TFP poop or get off the pot. If you have no intention of fixing PvP, why not just remove the player killing option? If you are not going to remove it, how about a statement about what you plan on doing with PvP? The silence on a broken feature seems weird. I mean TFP hasn't said a word about it, it would be great to at least know that they are aware of it.
    The excuse is always PVE> PVP because that was their original intention and they want to stay true to it, but I don't think that is a good reason to leave pvp in the sad state its in right now, tossing a little love to those patient actually shows that patience will reward those that wait instead of all the waiting being turned into you being forgotten about.

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanX

    And to use the "still in development" argument...well...I think most of us are resigned to the fact that it will always be. It's so far from any semblance of a finished product that me and many others play it anyway knowing this and just hope they get to fixing issues important to us.
    Yep, this, its been what.. 6 years? I don't think we will ever see a Beta release for this game much less a full one. After 6 years there should be enough substance to last players through MANY hours of content, instead its the same content that is just stretched out behind arbitrary level gates, more than tedious resource grinding, and dungeon POI's that have cheap enemy placement with an game stage that makes it less worth to explore than to sit at base and craft everything, which is also pretty boring.

    The other excuse is also "Mod it" or "Its a PVE Game"

    Also bad excuses, modding should make a fun game more fun, or awesome. Not actually make it playable.

    Also you should never tell your players to play something else.

    And never tell people its a pve game when PVP is certainly an option.
    Last edited by OnlyMeiya; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:32 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •