Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Development 101 (and other arguments)

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    @Roland

Does this grind your gears?
    Just say no to home schooling!

Of course, if my mom had offered to home school me using the "Cartoons make better teachers" program... I would have accepted.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    We'll find out soon, its not incredibly far off now.
    Imminent release HYYYYPE!

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    I mean... it is just THE most requested feature in the elderscrolls...

but I mean... that is you I guess If something isnt optimized, just scrap it and replace it with nothing instead of tweeking it so it is better.
    (#sorrynotsorry for that snarky tone, but it is true that this is one of 7d2d biggest flaws in my opinion and reading your comment I think I can trace it back to you. Removing something that is absolutely unbalancable is rarely okay. But not replacing it with something else leaves unnatural holes in the product, especially, but not exclusively for people who already played it before.)
    Uh yeah, spell creation or spells in general in a zombie game..? No. Maybe its "the most requested feature in Elderscrolls" as you state, but this is 7 days to die. You shotgun Z's to the head like a boss, not some weird abracadabra and they poof. Spells make no sense in the 7 days universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    But A17 was the other way round. You bent over the caring minority and argued that the silent majority will like them so its fine.
    Where did you do this research about what the caring minority wants? Because I havent seen it. I and pretty much all my friends who play 7 days find A17 a GREAT improvement over the previous Alpha's, and A18 is shaping up to polish it even more (no levelgating etc). Just like you criticize MM for speaking for/of the silent mayority, you do the same with the caring minority IMO.

Should we wait in the near future for new alpha on the PS4 or can we forget about the update on this platform?

I played TA first, so no need for starcraft Mods were insane.
    7DTD1 should be the Total Annihilation but not StarCraft.

I like TA!

Jesus some of you guys really need a break from the forums until A18 drops. It seems like no matter what Madmole posts these days it's subject to controversy because there's nothing else to do but chat ♥♥♥♥ on the forums.

I mean in the end no matter how smart you think you are he's made a name for himself doing exactly what you think you do better. Not trying to imply anyone that doesn't agree with him is automatically wrong but it really feels like some of you love to nitpick everything he says just to get into an argument with him. A17 had huge flaws and broke a lot of things. But it's only fair to aknowledge that TFP agreed there were indeed issues, and they have been working in order to fix those misteps. What else do you want in the end ?

This starts to feel like the exact same community anger that EA or Blizzard/Activision triggers every. single. time. You might not like EA games but they make effing billions selling their games year in year out, and Diablo Immortal will make millions off of microtransactions despite butthurt PC tryhards that feel betrayed. Are they profit-seeking companies that look for the next billion $ product instead of battling on forums to keep old-timers happy ? Hell yeah. Is this related to them being companies and not open-source volunteer-driven project makers ? Hmmm maybe ?!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DatDamnDutchie View Post
    Uh yeah, spell creation or spells in general in a zombie game..? No. Maybe its "the most requested feature in Elderscrolls" as you state, but this is 7 days to die. You shotgun Z's to the head like a boss, not some weird abracadabra and they poof. Spells make no sense in the 7 days universe.

Where did you do this research about what the caring minority wants? Because I havent seen it. I and pretty much all my friends who play 7 days find A17 a GREAT improvement over the previous Alpha's, and A18 is shaping up to polish it even more (no levelgating etc). Just like you criticize MM for speaking for/of the silent mayority, you do the same with the caring minority IMO.
    AAAAAnd we're back folks from out small break. But now it's time for our show again!
    "♥♥♥♥ that I never said, that is taken out of context and that is so plainly obvious that I can't believe I need to explain this again"

1. My argument of the spell creator was never meant to be taken as "I want to create spells in 7d2d" (although that magic mod does seem fun). It was a rebuttal of MM's idea that removing complex things to streamline is good and he took the spell creator, one of the most wished back and missed features of Oblivion as an example.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...nd-Level-Gates
    And so SO many discussions about the state of A17 combined with the drop in ratings from 88% down to 37% after A17 dropped

Couple all that with some of MMs statements when this was happening...
    It was pretty obvious and I feel like you weren't on the forums at that time or you wouldnt ask me such a question

Zombie Hunter
    That depends how long it took him and how many hairs were pulled out getting there. Some guys love a challenge, others like to stay in the comfort zone.
    That is why I said who is able to solve it, is capable smart programmer. how make you pull hair is just comfort zone guy.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Orsey View Post
    Madmole, during the last horde an interesting thought occurred to me.

Could you add to the screen an optional counter that will show the number of zombies that appeared on the night of the horde and the number of zombies killed by the player during the night of the horde.

Such a counter could appear one hour before the horde and disappear one hour after the end of the horde.

The same could be done when completing quests, for example, by clearing buildings from zombies.

This could be interesting as a single hardcore players, and in the co-op, when players can brag about their success with each other. It can also launch a wave of screenshots on the Internet.

What do you think about it? )
    I don't like the idea of "how many remain" for horde, but I do like to know how many left in Quest. Sometime, it happens that I feel like I finish the building and kill all zombie but quest doesn't finish, because I miss an area. That counter keep me in line.

Also, I love to see my horde night kill separately, good if we can show it per horde night, but at least last horde night and total horde night kills. They don't have to be on Screen for me. Just that I love some stats.

Refugee
    @Crater Creator
    thanks for the info. I do enjoy reading other post's now and then, but most of the time, I just want to read what the devs have said and whats upcoming.
    Cheers
    Last edited by uRsOuL; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:48 PM.

cannot find the delete button.
    Last edited by THARN; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:55 PM.

Just be careful not to multiply

Lol I was thinking Seattle or Oregon, not the Arctic.
    LOL--- Got it--- Those are doable...
    Lived in Seattle for a year, Northern Ohio in the snow belt now and it feels like the arctic sometimes.
    :P

Captain Obvious
    @Roland

Does this grind your gears?
    Were in the world did you get this and did the fire her math teacher yet?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    What. She carried the 1, wasn't she supposed to? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    What. She carried the 1, wasn't she supposed to? =)
    I heard she designed the Intel 386 maths co-processor later in life......