Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A deep appreciation that the pimps aren't afraid to scrap and rebuild a game system

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    Yes, when choosing EA games, it tends to be a better gamble to go with one that has had constant development over years as opposed to one that has just arrived. 7 years in development would only tell me that a lot of time and effort has gone into it, provided that it has had several updates. If no updates, then it's just been sitting there gathering dust.
    I agree. As long as they are still working on it, then that is what matters. Abandonware is the real risk with early access games, and devs like that get a reputation that follows them from game to game, like the guys that did Romero's Aftermath. Even their Shattered Skies game after that didn't have a chance to take off the ground because the angry gamers that were shafted in their previous games made it well known what the modus operandi of these devs was like.

Quote Originally Posted by iglroos View Post
    But this is sadly also why the game hasn't really gone anywhere in years, A18 might be the first time in a loooong time its actually starting to go somewhere, assuming they don't redo the skill system yet again in a19.
    Lets fact it, if it won't be that, they'll just flip, raze and rebuild something else.
    Biggest annoyance and set back would be world gen, so I'll go with that.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by iglroos View Post
    But this is sadly also why the game hasn't really gone anywhere in years, A18 might be the first time in a loooong time its actually starting to go somewhere, assuming they don't redo the skill system yet again in a19.
    It just looks that way when you don't like the stuff implemented. A17 saw a new buff system that makes modding a lot easier and also is the basis of many of the stuff included in A18. It also got a weapon mod system and an upgraded quest system.

Survivor
    Some of us just want a finished, polished game. This dev period has gone on way too long. I don't care what the people on this forum with 15,000 posts have to say about it. Where is the roadmap with ETA to game completion? A game with no vision of what it is supposed to be from the beginning is doomed to an eternity of perpetual change and upset players.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keck View Post
    Some of us just want a finished, polished game. This dev period has gone on way too long. I don't care what the people on this forum with 15,000 posts have to say about it. Where is the roadmap with ETA to game completion? A game with no vision of what it is supposed to be from the beginning is doomed to an eternity of perpetual change and upset players.
    Do you feel you aren't getting a finished, polished game? Every update is more finished and more polished, so it seems you are in fact, getting what you want.

So that must not be what you want... No, you want it NOW. Sorry, that's just not how *anything* works.

Gawd dayum millenials. Suck it up, you are not as important as you think you are!

Cheers

I've only played A16 and A17. And A17 is the better game overall. (apart from missing a FOV slider)

Quote Originally Posted by Keck View Post
    You donít need to reference post count to have your opinion be respected. Your opinion is just as valid as anyoneís. Post count doesnít add weight or validity.

I agree that a polished finished game is ideal. I suggest you put the game away until it is released so you donít get burned out on the indev version and donít feel like playing any more by time it is fully polished.

The console version is a finished product.... for those who just can't get around the fact that the PC version is still under construction.