Thread: KeyNotFoundException

a17.4 KeyNotFoundException

Summary:
    Pressing E on the trader causes this KeyNotFoundException to happen in the console window, and I cannot otherwise interact with the trader. Preventing me from turning in the quest, or buying/selling stuff.
    https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/...om/yge5ty6.png

UPDATE:
    Found a compromise. It'll allow you to interact with the trader, and do t1-t4 quest; t5 will be forever lost.

1) Open your quest.xml
    2) Locate/find

<!-- Tier 5 -->
    <quest id="tier5_clear" />
    <quest id="tier5_fetch" />
    <quest id="tier5_hidden_cache" />
    <quest id="tier5_fetch_clear" />
    <quest id="tier5_hidden_clear" />

3) Remove all 5 lines below <!-- Tier 5 -->

Steps:
    1) Turn in your final tier4 quest
    2) Take reward, doesn't matter if you take the second, bonus reward for moving onto tier5 quest. Just as long as you take the reward for the final tier4 quest.
    3) Wait for a day/night cycle, or have trader reset quest with DM and in-trader interaction controls
    4) Press E on trader to interact
    5) Observe console window popping up saying I have this exception, and never be able to interact with the trader again.

I managed to reproduce this bug twice after deleting my player profile. I have manual backups of the world just before taking the quest, and just before turning in the quest and grabbing the reward.

If I avoid accepting the reward, I don't get the exception. Changing quest, canceling it, or trying things differently doesn't seem to help...as soon as I take the final tier4 reward, and the trader cycles for the day/night then I get the exception.

Expected Result:
    I turn in the final tier4 quest, come back the next day, and be able to interact with the trader as well as start doing tier5 quest.

Technical details:
    Version: a17.4
    Platform: PC
    Gamemode: Main menu, in-game offline world
    Did you wipe old saves? YES
    Did you start a new game? YES
    Did you validate your files? YES
    Are you using any mods? YES
    EAC? OFF
    https://i.imgur.com/cDnyo30.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/zIx7nwY.png

Crash Report: https://pastebin.com/B0Mp5Wat

After it happens world files: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...0Territory.zip
    Before it happens world files: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...2%20TurnIn.zip
    Last edited by layarion; 08-03-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Can you post a log file?

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzybub View Post
    Can you post a log file?
    updated OP

- - - Updated - - -

Can you post a log file?
    also posted here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post998552

Have you tried temporarily disabling your mods and see if the problem persists?

Have you tried temporarily disabling your mods and see if the problem persists?
    tried it just now, still happens

Refugee
    I encountered this problem last night. I did several quests, and leveled them up to tier 5, and now every trader I go to pops up "KeyNotFoundException" and I cannot interact with them anymore. This is actually game breaking for my game, as I rely on traders for supplies and ammo. I actually continued a few days in order to see if it fixes itself, and after the blood moon horde I went back to a trader, same issue and stopped playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrlin View Post
    I encountered this problem last night. I did several quests, and leveled them up to tier 5, and now every trader I go to pops up "KeyNotFoundException" and I cannot interact with them anymore. This is actually game breaking for my game, as I rely on traders for supplies and ammo. I actually continued a few days in order to see if it fixes itself, and after the blood moon horde I went back to a trader, same issue and stopped playing.
    was this RNG world and do you have any mods? i think next thing i'll try is a new world. having access to at least the seller is pretty important.

Refugee
    Yes, this is a randomly generated map, and I play completely vanilla, no mods. I'm debating creating a new world, but it's one of those things. I felt like I was at end game things, now to start over is somewhat disheartening. Though I am horribly addicted which is a good or bad thing so I will probably start another world soon

Yes, this is a randomly generated map, and I play completely vanilla, no mods. I'm debating creating a new world, but it's one of those things. I felt like I was at end game things, now to start over is somewhat disheartening. Though I am horribly addicted which is a good or bad thing so I will probably start another world soon
    well that clears up the mod issue, me and my brother play on the navesgane and we'll see if it happens there as well

found a solution to the bug. it's not a fix, but it'll allow you to interact with the trader, and do t1-t4 quest.

open your quest.xml and find

<!-- Tier 5 -->
    <quest id="tier5_clear" />
    <quest id="tier5_fetch" />
    <quest id="tier5_hidden_cache" />
    <quest id="tier5_fetch_clear" />
    <quest id="tier5_hidden_clear" />

then remove all 5 lines below <!-- Tier 5 -->

you won't be able to do t5 quest, but you also won't be completely ♥♥♥♥ed.
    Last edited by layarion; 08-01-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Nice workaround. At least you don't lose your game. The error kinda hints at a corrupt file, but that's a guess. Have you tried verifying your game?
    Last edited by Beelzybub; 08-02-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Nice workaround. At least you don't lose your game. The error kinda hints at a corrupt file, but that's a guess. Have you tried verifying your game?
    kept the world as is, but deleted the player data on the server. then verified files, removed mods, and started a fresh character twice.

the first time, i completed all quest by hand...on the unlock of t5 quest, it happened again.

the second time, i went into the XML, and removed the following from all tiered quest:
    https://i.imgur.com/jPRuMxV.png

everything that was between "sharable" and "exp"

this essentially makes it so that, i get the quest, and can immediately turn it in.

I did not get the bug on the second run. note: don't try this without manually backing up your world. as the quest were all locked to tier 1 when I undid the xml changes.

so far, i see no way to undo the lockout on tier 5 without straight up going through extreme and untastful measures. like removing the need to even do the quest.
    Last edited by layarion; 08-02-2019 at 01:28 AM.

ok another update, on the manual backup that consistently gets the bug, if you remove that xml stuff in only the t5 stuff, the bug doesn't happen. meaning you can complete quest just by grabbing them.

it's better than being perma locked out of t5 stuff, but if you're roleplaying a person that can't craft their own stuff then this sucks asz

Refugee
    Verifying my game is the first thing I did. When it first happened. I downloaded something very small but restarted it and nothing changed. So I'm not sure if it corrupted again or not. I'm about to hop on to see if that 'fix' work.

Edit: Deleting those lines worked. At least the world is now playable again. As I said, my game I am slightly dependent on traders for.. mostly glue and duct tape.. and some ammo to postpone the day grind I do before blood moon
    Last edited by Zyrlin; 08-02-2019 at 01:49 AM.