Thread: Why no auto sorter?

Refugee

Why no auto sorter?

Hello. Your loyal fan writes to you from earlier versions of the game. And still wondering why to this day there is no auto sorter things. It is so inconvenient to spend half an hour constantly on debugging things when much less money is spent on collecting. It is possible to pick up one button and, in order to lay down, you need to climb into each chest and look for among the things that should lie in this chest. It is wildly annoying. Look at how the developers of terraria gentlemen from Re-Logic are all well implemented. Even in the chest you donít have to climb, you just stand next to it and whatís in your inventory and, similar to the contents of the chest, at the touch of a button goes into the chest. Beauty? Beauty! Is it hard to implement? I do not think. You just spit it. Please, I beg you to add such a function. Thank you so much for your hard work. Your loyal fan.

Refugee
    You know, if they just added mod scripting (not just XML modding) to the game, a lot of the requested "features" like this one would be created by Modders like me.

In fact that is one of the things I would make if they added scripting to the game.

But this is a neat idea...

Refugee
    tell me please. But what is the chance that this message will see the developers

Quote Originally Posted by stalkercraft View Post
    And still wondering why to this day there is no auto sorter things.
    Inventory and chests do have auto sort. They have for a couple of alphas.

Left click the icon at the top left of your inventory or chest to auto sort the contents.

Refugee
    I apologize for the bad translation. you did not understand. I want by pressing a single button, the items are exchanged from inventory to the chest with similar contents. for example: water to water, gunpowder to gunpowder. Ideally, it is good that the game itself understands that bullets and gunpowder are to arms. but simple sorting is enough

Ah, I understand. Yes that would be a good thing.

Refugee
    tell me please. and how to write to the developer? There is no other way but to write down? I think this idea except you, no one sees. Am I asking in that place? Tell me if it's not difficult.

A18 is content locked so it won't go in there. When they start an Alpha 19 Dev Diary thread, that would be the place to put this suggestion.

Refugee
    and how to write there? or maybe find out when and where it will be possible to find a list of applications for a19?

The A19 thread will be public so anyone can post there. The Fun Pimps have not revealed when they will start working on A19.
    I don't know what you mean by "applications for A19". Do you mean mods?

Refugee
    I'm sorry, I meant the sentences

Refugee
    Adding a search box, or implementing the ctrl + f function to be able to find items would also be greatly useful.