Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: A18 Live stream. Pimps want to hear more praise

  1. #16
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,825
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    Nope. If its in the game, it has to be seen as intended.
    Driving away on bloodmoon? Intended.
    Chilling on top of a lake on hordenight? Intended.
    Stiltbases in A16? Intended.
    Noobtubing in MW2? Intended.
    Beeing able to avoid all gunshots because your char is smaller in Goldeneye, intended.
    As long as it is not a cheat and you do not have to use any xml files or switch settings, everything you CAN do should be seen as intended to be there until the game gets fixed.
    Balancing the game and "protecting the player from himself" is not the players choice it is the devs JOB to do.

    Sorry. But that just had to be said
    This has got to be the most wrong-headed thing I have seen you post Vik. I hope you were being sarcastic. Early Access is access to a work in progress. You keep treating this as a finished and released game and you are going to keep being disappointed and shocked at each update. I guess that could be WHY you get shocked and disappointed at each release.

    You posted a meme of a tree destroying a house labeled A16 when A16 came out.
    You posted a lot worse about A17 when it came out.
    I suspect it will be the same with A18 if you think every partially done feature or as of yet unresolved issue is intended as the final product.

  2. #17
    Inventor Katitof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    996
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    Nope. If its in the game, it has to be seen as intended.
    Driving away on bloodmoon? Intended.
    Chilling on top of a lake on hordenight? Intended.
    Stiltbases in A16? Intended.
    Noobtubing in MW2? Intended.
    Beeing able to avoid all gunshots because your char is smaller in Goldeneye, intended.
    As long as it is not a cheat and you do not have to use any xml files or switch settings, everything you CAN do should be seen as intended to be there until the game gets fixed.
    Balancing the game and "protecting the player from himself" is not the players choice it is the devs JOB to do.

    Sorry. But that just had to be said
    Must be amazing, living in your little bubble there.
    Not a single game regardless of state ever had bugs or problems for you, just intended features.

  3. #18
    Colony Founder Viktoriusiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,366
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    You should look up the word: Intended.
    You will then know the difference between that word and what an Oversight is.

    No worries, English is a convoluted language.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    This has got to be the most wrong-headed thing I have seen you post Vik. I hope you were being sarcastic. Early Access is access to a work in progress. You keep treating this as a finished and released game and you are going to keep being disappointed and shocked at each update. I guess that could be WHY you get shocked and disappointed at each release.

    You posted a meme of a tree destroying a house labeled A16 when A16 came out.
    You posted a lot worse about A17 when it came out.
    I suspect it will be the same with A18 if you think every partially done feature or as of yet unresolved issue is intended as the final product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    Must be amazing, living in your little bubble there.
    Not a single game regardless of state ever had bugs or problems for you, just intended features.


    Let me rephrase it then to make it more... accurate to what I wanted to say (and I do acknowledge that what I said was very... badly phrased):
    Nope. If its in the game, the devs are fully aware that it is in the game and do not fix it, even though the game is still in development (or it is small enough for a post gold update) it has to be seen as intended.

    Better?
    I actually can't explain it better (I tried but deleted it 5 times because its too convoluted)
    It was inresponse to someone saying "just don't use/do it".
    If it is in the game and not getting fixed, the player should assume that it is meant to be part of the game and use it.
    Yes oversight exists. But this actually wasn't to blame TFPs (for once) but a rebuttal of the old "just ignore a games feature, because I like it, even though it destroys a key gameplay element".

    Spoiler: 

    And I actually remember editing that meme And I thought about it.
    And If you could link me to it, that'd be great (Its not in the 7d2d Meme post) because I am reasonably sure that was in response to the horrific levelgates that very early A16 had, coupled to the sleeperbugs and quite a bit more. Which in itself wouldnt be too bad (because it was a .0 or .1) but people defended it by saying "it is early access you can't expect everything to be finished".

    I don't know the exact surcumstances, but I am pretty sure that after 16.2 I didn't say a single bad word about the game.
    A17 on the other hand...

    But if you haven't seen it, nearly ALL my comments regarding A18 are positive. Because it fixes a LOT of the problems that A17 brought. So if they don't bring back levelgates (which mm already said is gone) or do something else similarly stupid, I do not see myself hating A18.

    I will still give "negative" feedback, or as I know it: critisism.
    And I won't say much positive, unless it completely blows it out of the park, which is unrealistic in experimental an .0
    But not because I dislike it, but because I have grown up in a culture that has a saying that goes "not complained is already a compliment" (roughly translated) and I think you guys get enough praise here on the forums already so I want to counterbalance that so you don't get an overinflated ego ^^

    I honestly am not a bad guy in RL. Most of my negativity comes from beeing ignored, ridiculed with nitpicks or flat out wrong interpretations and well... all the ♥♥♥♥ that happened since A17 release.
    7D2D is my passiongame. And because of that if something is... well... like A17 and I get actually told that I am totally clueless... well... it got to me
    So there I've been nothing but positive (at least I think) about A18 and am really hopeful.
    Last edited by Viktoriusiii; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:42 PM.

  4. #19
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,825
    Rep Power
    2
    There is a difference between saying something is an intended feature and saying that TFP intentionally left partially done features in. Yes, water has had problems for years now and gone unfixed and this is intentional because TFP doesn't see it as a priority. Its turn hasn't come up yet. So the water that we have is known to be problematic and the devs have intentionally left it in as a broken feature rather than remove water entirely until it is good. But to say that the current water is an intended feature is the wrong way to put it. The current water will NOT be in the game that ships as 1.0

    But you are correct to state that the water we have is the only water we have to play with presently and the devs are aware of that and intentionally aren't doing anything about it yet.

    (I saw that meme when going through old posts several months ago but can't remember where and wouldn't begin to be able to search for it with the monstrosity we call a search engine here. I remember seeing it and thinking that not EVERYONE was in love with A16 and then I saw the author and had to do a double take... lol)
    Last edited by Roland; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:15 PM.

  5. #20
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    21,932
    Rep Power
    1
    Site:7daystodie.com/forums whateveryouresearchingfor in google.

    Also I get what Vik is saying... I'd phrase it as "that's the way it works now so it must be fine to use".

  6. #21
    Community Moderator OzHawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,637
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Site:7daystodie.com/forums whateveryouresearchingfor in google.

    Also I get what Vik is saying... I'd phrase it as "that's the way it works now so it must be fine to use for now".
    ..is how I would put it.

  7. #22
    Leader Aldranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in a universe near you.
    Posts
    6,262
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Site:7daystodie.com/forums whateveryouresearchingfor in google.

    Also I get what Vik is saying... I'd phrase it as "that's the way most unfinished games work and it's fine to use, because its just a game".
    That's how I'd say it.

  8. #23
    Leader Aldranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in a universe near you.
    Posts
    6,262
    Rep Power
    1
    “Perfectionists are people who take great pains and give them to other people”.

    That's how Marianne Neifert would have replied.

    But, I think perfectionists are required in life and are often worth the added stress they cause. People just need to see the Correction inside the seemingly Insult is all.

  9. #24
    Nomad ZombieSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    End of The Rainbow
    Posts
    383
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Llinx View Post
    And in A17, you need to grind to lvl 10 to get a forge, ten grind again to get to lvl 20 to be able to use the bloody thing! (C'mon pimps)....
    I'm a little confused, does it really feal like a grind to you? I get to level 20 very fast, does not feel like a grind to me at all.

  10. #25
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,825
    Rep Power
    2
    We used to be able to have and use the forge on day 1 or 2. We STILL can if we find a working one out in the world but if you want to craft your own ANYTHING is going to feel like a grind compared to how easily we used to be able to craft the forge and start using it.

  11. #26
    Nomad ZombieSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    End of The Rainbow
    Posts
    383
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    We used to be able to have and use the forge on day 1 or 2. We STILL can if we find a working one out in the world but if you want to craft your own ANYTHING is going to feel like a grind compared to how easily we used to be able to craft the forge and start using it.
    Good point. I retract my previous statement.

  12. #27
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    1
    A17 has really grown on me. Looking back at A16 now, I think it was quite the grindfest compared to A17. A17 has allowed a more organic play style. Now A17 does have its major gameplay issues, it certainly isn’t what I would call a grind. Just my opinion.

  13. #28
    Colony Founder Viktoriusiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,366
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Star69 View Post
    A17 has really grown on me. Looking back at A16 now, I think it was quite the grindfest compared to A17. A17 has allowed a more organic play style. Now A17 does have its major gameplay issues, it certainly isn’t what I would call a grind. Just my opinion.
    Well... at least there is one person I know of that thinks this way ^^ (going from not liking it to liking it)
    but I think your memory is slightly inaccurate(opinion), since you didn't need to grind anything (except for steel and concrete).
    There was no required level to get +10%
    The way you normally played increased in parallel to your gamestage and if you really wanted to specialize you still had perkpoints to up whatever you wanted.
    It wasn't balanced all that well (certain perks were nearly impossible to get to 100 without cheesing it) but the general game was never grindy... and I'm a "min/maxer" (I want to be as strong as I can be as fast as I can be)
    A17... kill more zombies to get that... kill more zombies to get this... oh you have an auger now? Dig a 10x10 hole to bedrock to go up 10 levels and get that sweet perk you wanted.

  14. #29
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    1
    Guess we have a difference of opinion of grinding, especially being a min/maxer. I thought it grinding to swing an pick for hours and hours to max miner 69er so I would get more wood from cutting down trees. A17 there’s no hours and hours of one thing to improve....dig for a bit, kill for a bit and buy the perks you want. I’m nowhere near supporting level locks, it’s the most frustrating part of A17 and why I’m most hopeful for A18.

    Also with release of A17.0 I argued that the way the perks were organized forced a linear approach to the game. No, A17 is far from perfect but I haven’t found a reason to grind. I play the game, get xp for doing anything then buy my perks, though not the way I’d want to buy them due to levels. Hours of doing the same thing in order to get better are gone & that makes me happy.

  15. #30
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,367
    Rep Power
    1
    Early forge will still be a thing? Meh. I can already see people beeing bored pretty fast cause you get everything in the first 2 or 3 weeks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •