Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Limited Edition 7 Days to Die Mug

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Console users got what they paid for, we are getting what we paid for. We paid for different products.

Scavenger
    It's mostly console players making fun of the post
    I own both Xbox and PC games. 7DTD on Xbox was sold as much more expensive Alpha not finished game. What makes it worse is TFP lost the rights to the game and now the console users have abandonedwear.

Serious question...

... why do console players think it was sold as an alpha and not a completed game? What gave them that impression?

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Serious question...

... why do console players think it was sold as an alpha and not a completed game? What gave them that impression?
    Answer: Because they want to see it that way as a basis for their gripes. They also want to see TFP as the publisher and programmer of the console version because it gives them someone to gripe to since the actual publisher and programmer are no longer in the picture.

If TFP were to go out of business I honestly believe they would then start flooding Unity with requests since the Unity logo appears in the load up sequence for the game as well....

Unity Press Release: We are proud to release Unity 2020!
    1st Response: When is your game 7 Days to Die going to get updated for Xbox!?!?!

I've just never read any indication that the console version was an alpha. Except from fans.

...so... It's a matte black finish that has a kind of weird feeling rough texture I don't like, it's a little smaller than most of my mugs but most of mine are weird custom ones, the inside is a flat bottom, it has some weight to it and it's made in Thailand.

Size comparison:

Last edited by Guppycur; 08-16-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Answer: Because they want to see it that way as a basis for their gripes. They also want to see TFP as the publisher and programmer of the console version because it gives them someone to gripe to since the actual publisher and programmer are no longer in the picture.

If TFP were to go out of business I honestly believe they would then start flooding Unity with requests since the Unity logo appears in the load up sequence for the game as well....

1st Response: When is your game 7 Days to Die going to get updated for Xbox!?!?!
    Now you have done it Roland. Those words are in writing. Doesn't matter about any others around it. Those are the only words a lot of people will see. Let the speculation begin...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    Now you have done it Roland. Those words are in writing. Doesn't matter about any others around it. Those are the only words a lot of people will see. Let the speculation begin...

Should happen about the time the sun burns out but well before the universe collapses.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post

...so... It's a matte black finish that has a kind of weird feeling rough texture I don't like
    Thinking about two mugs rubbing against each other gives me the heebie jeebies

Thinking about two mugs rubbing against each other gives me the heebie jeebies
    Yeh it has that "just touched chalk" feeling...

well here is 2 mugs compared.
    Spoiler: 

now where did i set my coffee cup?
    WIN_20190816_16_51_03_Pro.jpg

...I'd like a tall cup of joe.

Scavenger

Come on man, when you wrote "Because they want to see it that way as a basis for their gripes." that isn't a fair comment. Many comments from TFP made it sound like the console was going to get updates and even hoping for a "full port when PC does gold"-Madmole, etc etc. Hence why I got the xbox version, based on what TFP wrote.

I can understand if a few have their grips but when the masses all believed the same thing, then it isn't their issue, its a system failure because the License for Commercial Use was poorly done. Lesson learned, ADD a clause that causes the return if the licensee goes bust.

Guppycur you already know the answer to your question as I have seen your posts over the years lol. I know you don't like the console boies lol. I hate them too, even that I own a xbone copy. I cant stream that one as the game has too many game breaking bugs and makes me look like an idiot and I loose followers- hence stopped streaming 7DTD.

I actually don't hate the console guys; when it comes down to it, I feel sorry for them. I really do. They got shafted by telltale. Not because the console port doesn't have all of the PC features, and not because "it's a dead alpha", but because the full release version they were sold was broken and buggy.

What I truly am baffled by is the notion that the console port was going to grow with the PC version, and that wonderment comes from the fact that it has NEVER been said by tfp. It was assumed by Consolers and despite the many attempts to correct that notion they continued to believe it. Why? That's my question...

Tfp *has* stated that they /hope/ some updates were coming, but it was NEVER in their control and they were clear about that.

If you bought a physical disk that goes into a machine, you bought the end product. Any and ALL updates you received were lagniappe.

...to me that's just understood.

Granted, no, I don't understand why anyone over the age of 10 plays on a console; literally everyone I've ever heard of who converted from console to PC (anecdotal I know) has switched sides... But hey the marketing is strong, so... Whatever. I don't hate them, I pity them

Quote Originally Posted by Frankieworldonline View Post
    Come on man, when you wrote "Because they want to see it that way as a basis for their gripes." that isn't a fair comment. Many comments from TFP made it sound like the console was going to get updates and even hoping for a "full port when PC does gold"-Madmole, etc etc. Hence why I got the xbox version, based on what TFP wrote.
    I remember statements by TFP about "we are in negotiations" (at first), and then "we have problems with ..." or "we hope to...". Now seeing something like "negotiations" or "hoping" as a done deal is rather optimistic.

Looking back at the first official statement "https://7daystodie.com/telltale-update/", do you read anything definite from this? I see a deadlock on negotiations, legal problems and a promise to continue looking for a solution that seems to depend on other parties too (with a clear case TFP would have no need even to talk to Telltale, right?)

If you can point me to some more positive or promising statement, please post a link. I just don't see where you got that confidence from.