Thread: Ancient dirty fan belt

Scavenger

Ancient dirty fan belt

It's not really a bug so, it doesn't seem right to post there and I have a small request.

Ever since air drops were introduced there has been this weird sound in the game. It used to be triggered by the air drop but, now it seems a bit more random with the exception that it always happens at noon. It sounds like starting a beat up car with a dirty fan belt. High pitched squeeling sound that lasts for 3-4 seconds. Part of the problem is not everyone hears it. I've had two different computers since this started and I still hear it so, I don't think it's a hardware thing. It's almost like the hamster rotating sky gets tired for a few seconds. It's gotta be the back end or beginning of an audio file that has been collecting dust for years and hiding somewhere.

Also, could we get the option to turn off tool tip notifications for hunger and thirst? Or at least change it to 50% instead of 75%. I find it very distracting. Unless I'm at 200% of food and water the thing pops up every 10 minutes. It's like yeah, I know, quit bugging me, not gonna die at 75% food and water.

Not important stuff just, something that has been bugging me for years and something that has been bugging me from this alpha.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I've never heard this. =)

Scavenger
    I can prove it. Took some trying.

Settime 9 12 00

It lasts for 8 seconds and I've finally figured out what it is. It's the audio for the insect (cicadas) is sped up and then cuts out.

It must be every 9 days at noon on the dot. At first I thought it was the 8th day, but I tried 2-9 and it only works on the 9th day and no matter how many times you re type settime 9 12 00 the file plays.

Try it, turn up your speakers.

Scavenger
    yup, day 18 works too, I've finally figured it out and can report it.... guess I should look at the log although I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I wouldn't bother; a18 redoes all of those sounds.

Still an interesting find that no one else had discovered.

Scavenger
    Thank you Fox.

This has been driving me nuts for years. No one would believe me.