Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Press Release By Telltale Staff-August 28, 2019

Banned

Press Release By Telltale Staff-August 28, 2019

Press Release

By Telltale Staff

August 28, 2019

2:57 am
    The New Management Team & Publishing Partner Athlon Games to Reissue Select Back Catalog and New Installments of Beloved IPs

LOS ANGELES – AUGUST 28, 2019 – LCG Entertainment, a holding company that will be doing business as Telltale Games, today announced that it has purchased the defunct studio’s key assets, trademarks, technology, and select intellectual properties with the intent of re-releasing select games from the studio’s back catalog and developing new games in some of the company’s best-selling brands. The purchase, led by Jamie Ottilie and Brian Waddle, was made possible by a pool of investors and advisors comprised of well-known names in the games industry including Chris Kingsley, Lyle Hall, Tobias Sjögren, Athlon Games (as a shareholder and publishing partner), and several additional partners.
    Originally founded in 2004, Telltale Games became synonymous with storytelling, pioneering the episodic game format, and changing the way the games medium embraced narrative. Following a string of successful and award-winning game series based on television and film licenses and original IPs, the game developer and publisher shuttered in October of last year, leaving disappointed fans in its wake.

“All of us were big fans of the games Telltale created, as we strongly believe in games as a storytelling medium and nobody did it better,” said Jamie Ottilie, CEO of the new Telltale Games. “Even now, when you see a game with strong narrative, it’s always compared to Telltale, so it’s no surprise that players and industry colleagues alike mourned the studio’s closure. We believe there is still so much life to the brand and its franchises, and we look forward to building upon the company’s storytelling legacy.”

The new Telltale Games will be headquartered in Malibu with a satellite office in Corte Madera, California. Day-to-day operations will be handled by Ottilie and Waddle, with Ottilie responsible for studio management and technology, and Waddle running business development, finance, and operations. Both will work closely with Athlon, who will serve as the marketing and publishing partner on most of the company’s back catalog and new releases, freeing up Telltale to focus on development and studio growth.

Key talent from the original company has been hired or contracted by the new Telltale. The new company will be based on a streamlined structure with plans for strategic growth and a focus on its core and new IP’s. No further details are being released about the Telltale assets purchase price. News regarding the reissue of specific back catalog titles and new games in existing IP’s will be announced in the coming weeks.

“There is still a huge fanbase of Telltale players and that’s one of the main reasons we decided to make this investment,” said Brian Waddle, chief revenue officer for the new Telltale Games. “It’s hard to see your favorite games disappear or not get the sequels they deserve, so we thank everyone for their patience and support. We’ve got some exciting things to share soon. We’ll try not to keep them waiting too long, but we think fans will be pleased.”
    GameDaily Connect is hosting a fireside chat with Jamie Ottilie discussing the relaunch of Telltale Games today at its conference at 4:30 pm in the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, California. To learn more about the new Telltale Games, please visit www.Telltale.com.

About LCG Entertainment/Telltale Games
    LCG Entertainment is a privately held company, headquartered in Malibu with a satellite studio in Corte Madera, California. LCG Entertainment owns the brand, assets and various IP from the original Telltale Games company. Formerly an award-winning independent developer and publisher of both original and licensed IP games for every major interactive platform, Telltale Games pioneered the episodic delivery of digital gaming content. Initially founded in 2004, Telltale won numerous accolades for its best-selling game series, including The Walking Dead, Batman: The Telltale Series, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and more. LCG Entertainment will be operating and marketing games under the Telltale brand going forward. For more information on the new Telltale Games, please visit www.telltale.com.

About Athlon Games
    Athlon Games, a subsidiary of Leyou Technologies Holdings Limited, is a global publisher of free- to-play console and PC games headquartered in Los Angeles. Athlon Games combines its expertise in free-to-play console and PC games with Western development to create AAA cooperative console and PC experiences that gamers will want to play for many years.
    https://www.telltale.com/press-release/ <--Source
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 08-29-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks for this information.
    Unfortunately i don't think this will help with the 7d2d situation, because the new Telltale seems to focus on narrative games.... but hey, i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHoG View Post
    Unfortunately i don't think this will help with the 7d2d situation, because the new Telltale seems to focus on narrative games.... but hey, i'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    No prob, I figured this would be appreciated by console players.

Colony Founder
    Not saying this is happening or isn't happening just straight speculating. But maybe just maybe this is the legal mess TFP can't/ couldn't talk about? Say this company is the one that bought the rights maybe they are working on something with them but couldn't say anything because they haven't announced this until now. Maybe they bought the rights and TFP don't want TT anywhere near the game anymore and is working on something or another. I mean right not it is just maybe and stuff but maybe now that this company has came forward and made the announcement maybe soon we get word one way or the other. Maybe it is something totally different and we still at square one. Guess we will wait and see.

Survivor
    I'd tend to agree and since 7d2d has nothing resembling a story i can't imagine this being a focus for them. It would be great if they made some sort of story or at least an endgame though. Once your days get into the hundreds the game losses all meaning and difficulty

Colony Founder
    Once you get into days 100s you should be at an end game stage. This game will never have an end game so it is up to each individual to decide when it is time. I would just hope if someone is 100s days that they have everything in the game. Even on PC it is this way. At this time depending on the person it would be time to start a new game. Try harder setting, try a different play style, try a different type of base. The list goes on but it can add a different feel for the game starting over and trying something different.

Sent a support ticket to the new TellTale-Website.
    The response:

Hi ,
    You will need to contact FunPimps for information about 7 Days to Die.
    You can find their website here: https://7daystodie.com/?home
    Thanks,
    Telltale Support

I don't think there'll be any progress from this side... and i don't know if there's knowledge in the new TellTale to the 7D2D situation.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    Once you get into days 100s you should be at an end game stage. This game will never have an end game so it is up to each individual to decide when it is time. I would just hope if someone is 100s days that they have everything in the game. Even on PC it is this way. At this time depending on the person it would be time to start a new game. Try harder setting, try a different play style, try a different type of base. The list goes on but it can add a different feel for the game starting over and trying something different.
    Well you certainly could replay with a new base etc. but the game will essentially be exactly the same. The problem i've run into is you can only restart a game with 0 story so many times before it gets boring. It's still the same enemies, same items, same buildings etc. The game really would benefit from PC updates or some kinda of quest system at least. If i wanted a game making blocks over and over i could just play minecraft

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by skillz_over_9000 View Post
    Well you certainly could replay with a new base etc. but the game will essentially be exactly the same. The problem i've run into is you can only restart a game with 0 story so many times before it gets boring. It's still the same enemies, same items, same buildings etc. The game really would benefit from PC updates or some kinda of quest system at least. If i wanted a game making blocks over and over i could just play minecraft
    As someone that plays both yes quest might help and some of the other stuff especially some of the new stuff that is about to be added would help. But it still has no end game and the quest after time become repeat doing them over and over. So even with all the new stuff once you hit a certain point and that just depends on one person to another when that is to starting over. It really doesn't matter PC or not. The game just isn't really designed around an actual end game.

Even in console you can create different game types you just have to be creative and stick to it. Don't build a base stay on the run. Play dead is dead once you die deleted world and start over. Don't use guns. Build different type of bases. Don't grow crops only eat what you find. Mix it up and do one or a few different things. I mean the list goes on and on what you can do if you decide and stick to it. You have to do that stuff on PC as well but yes the updated versions do add to things to do and helps to a point. But nothing is forcing you to play the same way ever time.

Like I said even on PC you get to a point to start over at some point. Even PC mods help the game to be different but at some point you still start over. You might decide day 200 is a good stopping point while someone else says 100 or 500 or whenever. It is a choice you either make or don't that is what the game is about everyone can play it however they want to and play it the same way every time or a different way. If think you should play minecraft instead because of it then more power to ya I guess. Nothing wrong with that by the way.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Sent a support ticket to the new TellTale-Website.
    The response:

Hi ,
    You will need to contact FunPimps for information about 7 Days to Die.
    You can find their website here: https://7daystodie.com/?home
    Thanks,
    Telltale Support

I don't think there'll be any progress from this side... and i don't know if there's knowledge in the new TellTale to the 7D2D situation.
    Just a funny note, Telltale said the same thing when they were actually in business before they died. You know, when they should have been supporting the game they published.

Refugee
    So.. Ever since the whole fiasco I make sure to check here every so often. I was actually shocked to find this posted in general discussion and not in the announcements section. At least it was at the top.

No matter what their objective is, I do hope they at LEAST roll out some updates to the console version that fixes some of the many, many bugs... Notably the fact that by day 40 or so, the game constantly crashes, resets, wipes chunks, etc (things that quite literally make it unplayable on Xbox). It would be great to get the updates PC has in content but if we at least had a playable game... That would be a decent "stopping point" if the intention is to abandon-the-7dtd-console-ship.

I think what most people forget (non console players) when their response is "just get it for pc" is price. An Xbox can be found for 200$ and the game bought for 25$. This is palpable normally, and lasts, as long as the life of the console, which is pretty much 7+ years (my original 360 is still perfectly functional). A PC can easily cost 2-3x that price, and in this age, is only relevant/game-playable for 2-3 years. Mine is only 6 years old and at-new it could play games at the highest settings. Now it struggles on the lowest (and even then it's pretty annoying).
    To spend money essentially on a 'new console' (the PC) for one game, and then you have to also re-buy said game, because the original version you had was unplayable, with no discount, having already bought it once before... Thats where the frustration is. I know I'm not gonna go blow the better half of a paycheck on a new Pc for a single game, no matter how much I love it. Don't get me wrong, I love 7dtd, it's a great chillout-and-build zombie game.. But comeon...

As for the New TT saying to go talk to TFP about the status of 7dtd... Classic misdirection. They don't want to answer those questions so they direct you to someone else. The only way we will truly get an answer is if New TT states so themselves (doubtful, as they're in the poophouse of rebuilding as a new thang), or TFP talks to them to hash out plans on updates, then gives us a little update on their agreed plans (this is the better option simply because it's coming from the creator). In the latter, I don't think an exact date would even be required. A simple "this is what we plan to update" and a "expected maybe.. " 3 months, 6 months.. By next summer.. Sooner is better, but as I said what is really needed is the crashing/erasing-chunks that plagues console version.

Cheers, and I know an announcement was just made, but I really am looking forward to more announcements on the issue, as well as the day I can boot 7dtd back up with that little "this game requires an update" prompt.

Quote Originally Posted by RikoRain View Post
    So.. Ever since the whole fiasco I make sure to check here every so often. I was actually shocked to find this posted in general discussion and not in the announcements section. At least it was at the top.
    There's no information relating specifically to 7DtD, hence it was here and not in the announcements. It's still unclear if the console version of 7DtD will have continued development or not, but the New Telltale said they will release information in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Tulip View Post
    There's no information relating specifically to 7DtD, hence it was here and not in the announcements. It's still unclear if the console version of 7DtD will have continued development or not, but the New Telltale said they will release information in the coming weeks.
    Also there is no new information about who the owner of the console 7D2D rights sold off at the auction is. It might be new Telltale, it might be someone else.

Colony Founder
    At this point it all is still speculations that is why it is here notnin news and announcement. Like I said if the new TT are the ones you will hear it from them first and most likely from somewhere else first before the forums. One this isn't technically TT site. So until they get it straightened out I'm sure this will be the last place they announce anything. Look at the start of console when it came out before they made the console section on the forums. Also it is very possible that the new TT will pull away from the forums here and have a site they manage completely. It all depends on how the new management wants to go about it. But this all of course is if the new TT or whatever it is does have the rights. ...... Also if another company has the rights I 100% guarantee you will hear something from them regardless if it is here or somewhere else before TFP say anything. TFP name might be on it but if someone else is dealing with console they will speak about it before TFP will. They are not going to come and speak for someone else when they are not involved besides passing codes over. Again this is if someone else has the rights. All of it is just speculation at this point. All we know for fact is you have both TFP and this new TT or whatever claiming they cant talk about it right now due to legal matters.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    At this point it all is still speculations that is why it is here notnin news and announcement. Like I said if the new TT are the ones you will hear it from them first and most likely from somewhere else first before the forums. One this isn't technically TT site. So until they get it straightened out I'm sure this will be the last place they announce anything. Look at the start of console when it came out before they made the console section on the forums. Also it is very possible that the new TT will pull away from the forums here and have a site they manage completely. It all depends on how the new management wants to go about it. But this all of course is if the new TT or whatever it is does have the rights. ...... Also if another company has the rights I 100% guarantee you will hear something from them regardless if it is here or somewhere else before TFP say anything. TFP name might be on it but if someone else is dealing with console they will speak about it before TFP will. They are not going to come and speak for someone else when they are not involved besides passing codes over. Again this is if someone else has the rights. All of it is just speculation at this point. All we know for fact is you have both TFP and this new TT or whatever claiming they cant talk about it right now due to legal matters.
    The company that brought telltale brought the console rights to 7 days to die. They said there will be news soon so just wait. We should see a announcement soon