Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ridiculous level up exploit and a lazy mining tip for beginers

Quote Originally Posted by AppaJuice View Post
    I typically don't like leveling up "fast" as you won't have to resources to deal with the higher tier threats that constantly spawn.
    Yup.
    Resources (Stations, ammo, healing), good gear and in A18, the books/Manuals will make ALL the difference so it seems.

Getting the above, in abundance, is what my focus will be. Not what level I am.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    Yup.
    Resources (Stations, ammo, healing), good gear and in A18, the books/Manuals will make ALL the difference so it seems.

Getting the above, in abundance, is what my focus will be. Not what level I am.
    Yes, these are things that go without question. There are so many facets to this game that nothing really stands out as the most important but you cannot get anywhere without ammo, healing and food, how you acquire them is your personal preference.

If your Intellect is 5 you can craft good tools and weapons but when you have Intellect 10 you craft greater tools and weapons and you can craft the AK and Rocket Launcher with the right perks as well.

I guess in Alpha 17 I have focused MORE on leveling thanks to the perks allowing crafting without the books or however I remember Alpha 16. I would rather find a book on crafting a certain tool or weapon but it is down to perks now.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 09-01-2019 at 06:20 AM.

Survivor
    Why would you mine the large boulders? Pretty sure they give you the same resources and xp as simply mining stone underground.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrda78 View Post
    Why would you mine the large boulders? Pretty sure they give you the same resources and xp as simply mining stone underground.
    Because they are massive and I just collect rock and some iron which is what I needed at the time and they take quite a while to remove but you are right about mining, I just started out on these when I needed rock for concrete and I noticed the XP boost and decided to just go after these to save time between bloodmoons. Also I noticed that when mining for oil shale I got a surprise visit from the witch and a boatload of her friends that just dug straight down to me and I got killed, so this kind of ruined my mining expectations for a while until later in the game. usually I would go after the small boulders to get the other resources but I would be running all over looking for them and wasting time trying to find them when I just needed rock for my forge.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 09-03-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Ah the surprise witch visit. First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm311 View Post
    Ah the surprise witch visit. First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow.
    Well she lasts about 70% of the HP on a metal spike trap so unless I am out of the base or mining she is harmless enough.