Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting too much on this forum

Ranger

Posting too much on this forum

I was playing Mount and Blade Warband a couple of years back and I was posting on their forum a few posts here and there and helping out with some reference cards I made that I uploaded for other people to use (yeah being helpful is trolling I guess to them) and all of a sudden I was considered a troll. I never said one bad thing and they called me troll just for a couple of posts.

so I would like to know if there is a limit to the amount of posts you can make on this forum. I do not want to be a pest or anything and I would like to keep my good standing and I never add whining or complaining posts either.

Also most of the time I have a question I search google for an answer and I usually find the answer to it on the wiki page.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 08-29-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Post counts don't mean anything. Your opinion is valid regardless of post count and as long as you aren't posting the same thing in multiple subforums or over and over again annoyingly you shouldn't worry about it here.

Helping with reference cards would be a wonderfully accepted type of post I would think and way better than some posts I've seen by a very small group of individuals with more than 20k posts.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Hey, you're catching up, mr "2nd highest post count".

But yeh, we are all equal, some of us are more equal than others.

I kid of course, but 45 posts... Yeh no worries about posting too much.
    Last edited by Guppycur; 08-29-2019 at 07:42 PM.

I still remember back in the day when I had the highest post count... then stuff happened and lost motivation / got lazy.

RE-EDIT: And I just noticed the new rules page... nicely done. Makes far more sense now.
    Last edited by Fox; 08-29-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Welcome bobrpggamer to the forums.

edit: oh wait...your not new. nvm

Quote Originally Posted by bobrpggamer View Post
    I was playing Mount and Blade Warband a couple of years back and I was posting on their forum a few posts here and there and helping out with some reference cards I made that I uploaded for other people to use (yeah being helpful is trolling I guess to them) and all of a sudden I was considered a troll. I never said one bad thing and they called me troll just for a couple of posts.

so I would like to know if there is a limit to the amount of posts you can make on this forum. I do not want to be a pest or anything and I would like to keep my good standing and I never add whining or complaining posts either.

Also most of the time I have a question I search google for an answer and I usually find the answer to it on the wiki page.
    Here some advice my friend for what its worth. When voicing your opinions (in a respectful manner) here not everyone will agree and some are just flat out rude about it just ignore those types of people. I hope to see you participating in the discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I still remember back in the day when I had the highest post count... then stuff happened and lost motivation / got lazy.

RE-EDIT: And I just noticed the new rules page... nicely done. Makes far more sense now.
    New rules page? Where?

Ah, found it... naming and shaming, but that's my favorite! =)
    Last edited by Guppycur; 08-29-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post

I just read the rules this morning... I must say there is a lot to remember thats for sure. I even made a little cheat sheet on my desktop of the rules i think I need to remind myself of daily until I memorize them all. Well the ones I think I might break on accident that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    I just read the rules this morning... I must say there is a lot to remember thats for sure. I even made a little cheat sheet on my desktop of the rules i think I need to remind myself of daily until I memorize them all. Well the ones I think I might break on accident that is.
    Comes down to use common sense and don't be an asshat.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Post counts don't mean anything. Your opinion is valid regardless of post count and as long as you aren't posting the same thing in multiple subforums or over and over again annoyingly you shouldn't worry about it here.

Helping with reference cards would be a wonderfully accepted type of post I would think and way better than some posts I've seen by a very small group of individuals with more than 20k posts.
    Well they were simple but they were helpful to me anyway:

https://i.imgur.com/QBPqJK7.png
    https://i.imgur.com/0tVVliA.jpg

This was just one of many. 7 Days to Die has so much content the idea of breaking them down into reference cards like creating all the block shapes of different wood and iron and concrete for example would be a long process and almost unnecessary because of the in game tool tips and the wiki page.

I did do some work on a new base Idea out of game to make sure I do not make any mistakes when building but It took a very long time to do as well:

https://i.imgur.com/KqpPnfq.png

I really miss Log Spikes, the new iron spike are a pain to repair because you have to be at a perfect angle and I have accidentally upgraded some concrete with Forged Steel trying to find an angle to repair a Iron Spike Trap and even take damage from the spike all the time trying to find that perfect angle.

I do thank you for your replies, I think Taleworlds is based in Croatia or something so maybe Croatians do not like me.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 08-29-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Trolls are measured by the utility of their content.

I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as M&B goes, I have probably posted 1000 times over 5 years and no one every made me feel like I should stop. Not sure why your experience was negative. Mine was positive.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by warmer View Post
    Trolls are measured by the utility of their content.

I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as M&B goes, I have probably posted 1000 times over 5 years and no one every made me feel like I should stop. Not sure why your experience was negative. Mine was positive.
    Well I was offering these reference card and some nutjob said "Hacker Alert" or some crap and then had a picture of batman sodomizing a pig and said "This is me hacking your hack" so I had some words with him as I found this to be pretty F***ed up because I am an animal lover and I like pigs, they are sweet animals. Also I hate killing the boars in game because they just stand there with a smile on their face and don't attack you unless you attack them, so I just walk by them most of the time unless they are literally in the doorway which has happened a couple of times. I also throw the dog and wolf meat away because I love dogs.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 08-29-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Well this thread just got weird.

...also, I wouldn't do cards for it until gold because too much changes.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Well this thread just got weird.

...also, I wouldn't do cards for it until gold because too much changes.
    Yeah that guys post was flip-pen weird and I could not understand what he was talking about. I am not exaggerating at all with the image he posted either so sorry for adding some weirdness but that was what I experienced on the Taleworld forums and I got banned for getting angry at this nutjob. I tried to reason with the admin in that this guy was the troll and of the image he put up and the "this is me hacking you hack" nonsense but I guess I was the bad guy for getting angry.

Yeah I would not bother with any reference cards and I spend too much time in game anyway. That image was before A17 and I was waiting for it and making my plans early.

The image I made was by making a 12X12X12 block and adding 90% transparency to it and then adding the actual shapes inside the transparent boxes so each odd shaped block was treated as a 12X12x12 block so you could stack them without worrying about the odd shapes being off center with the other blocks. This could be done and have a 3D representation of all 6 sides of a block to help with trying to find a block that will fit in an odd shape like an Inside Corner Block and others which are not really represented in the in game image very well. Still a project like that may be obsolete within the next alpha or so. I still have problems with finding the right odd shaped block to fill in somewhere and make a lot of mistakes because the block was not the right shape i was looking for so I have to break it down and try another.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 08-29-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrpggamer View Post
    Yeah that guys post was flip-pen weird and I could not understand what he was talking about. I am not exaggerating at all with the image he posted either so sorry for adding some weirdness but that was what I experienced on the Taleworld forums and I got banned for getting angry at this nutjob. I tried to reason with the admin in that this guy was the troll and of the image he put up and the "this is me hacking you hack" nonsense but I guess I was the bad guy for getting angry.

Yeah I would not bother with any reference cards and I spend too much time in game anyway. That image was before A17 and I was waiting for it and making my plans early.

The image I made was by making a 12X12X12 block and adding 90% transparency to it and then adding the actual shapes inside the transparent boxes so each odd shaped block was treated as a 12X12x12 block so you could stack them without worrying about the odd shapes being off center with the other blocks. This could be done and have a 3D representation of all 6 sides of a block to help with trying to find a block that will fit in an odd shape like an Inside Corner Block and others which are not really represented in the in game image very well. Still a project like that may be obsolete within the next alpha or so. I still have problems with finding the right odd shaped block to fill in somewhere and make a lot of mistakes because the block was not the right shape i was looking for so I have to break it down and try another.
    Ima shoot you a PM of some youtube clips since, I think its against the rules for me to post links here. Anyways give these clips a watch and it'll help you deal with trolls and all around sharpen your debating/arguement skills.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 08-30-2019 at 12:35 AM.