Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising - Relentless Zombies, Weapons Madness, Challenging Survival, and More!

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Bug: Guppy's Shopping Cart requires a workstation called guppyAutoWorkbench, which you haven't included in the mod that I could see.

How do you unlock the forge? I went through the XML's, couldn't find a path to unlock it. But I admit, I'm not terribly good at perk/skill xml's.

NM, found it. Magazine. =)
    Last edited by Guppycur; 09-17-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Yup a magazine will unlock it I was thinking perhaps to make it available slightly more early on though, if you didn't get one in your first 7 days. I think the magazine is more uncommon than everything else so may need to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by mdf25 View Post
    Yup a magazine will unlock it I was thinking perhaps to make it available slightly more early on though, if you didn't get one in your first 7 days. I think the magazine is more uncommon than everything else so may need to look at it.
    I've found a working chem station and working table saw, but 1) I don't know the poi's that well to have them memorized to know where to find these things, and 2) I really haven't traveled much. JUST went into the wasteland on purpose today, forgot vultures weren't so passive in there, and got eaten up, but I only did that because I discovered I had the stuff and skill to make a bicycle, so I'm traveling in style now.

Can you still wrench workstations? I may try with the table saw, since it's useless to me anyway... if so, how do you do it? Something about an LCB?

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Bug: Guppy's Shopping Cart requires a workstation called guppyAutoWorkbench, which you haven't included in the mod that I could see.
    I think I did address this one already, in the ConfigMod it's altered I believe but not too sure. I'll check the recipes

EDIT: Yup, here it is

Code:
            <!-- Alter recipe for Guppys Shopping Cart so that it takes less time and uses the backpack. -->
    	<remove xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='vehicleGuppyShoppingCartPlaceable']" />
    	<append xpath="/recipes">
    		<recipe name="vehicleGuppyShoppingCartPlaceable" count="1" craft_time="200">
    			<ingredient name="shoppingCartEmpty" count="1"/>
    			<ingredient name="smallEngine" count="1"/>
    			<ingredient name="resourceLeather" count="15"/>  
    			<ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="4"/>
    			<ingredient name="vehicleWheels" count="4"/>
    		</recipe>  
    	</append>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    I've found a working chem station and working table saw, but 1) I don't know the poi's that well to have them memorized to know where to find these things, and 2) I really haven't traveled much. JUST went into the wasteland on purpose today, forgot vultures weren't so passive in there, and got eaten up, but I only did that because I discovered I had the stuff and skill to make a bicycle, so I'm traveling in style now.

Can you still wrench workstations? I may try with the table saw, since it's useless to me anyway... if so, how do you do it? Something about an LCB?
    When you wrench a workstation, if it's one you find in the world you will get workstation parts for that particular one.
    - Destroyed stations give 2 parts
    - Working stations give 5 parts
    Collect 25 parts for a workstation and you can build your own one without the need for a perk or magazine.

If you have built a workstation and already have it in the world, you can wrench it up to pick it up. No need for LCB
    Last edited by mdf25; 09-17-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Oh sweet. That'll help quite a bit, AND I like it.

...kinda like dismantling them a few times gives you the knowledge.
    Last edited by Guppycur; 09-17-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Dead Rising 1.1.0 Update Released

Greetings v1.1.0 is now live and has the following changes!

NEW MODLETS:
    + The Mechanical Traps modlet has been added to this pack. You can find a new Fox's Guide on How to Trap a Zombie in loot which allows you to build and assemble 5 new traps on the workbench.
    + Spike Traps, Bear Traps and more!

CHANGES
    + Toolmaking Today books reduced in Working Stiffs loot. We want tools from those boxes rather than repeated books.
    + Medical Journals books reduced in Pop'n'Pills cases. We want more meds!
    + Forge book is now more likely to show up, approximately 3x more likely.

Oh nice, I've still no forge or workbench.

But I'm surviving (well, 7 deaths?) fine and those things wouldn't have changed my deaths, so... (Shrug)

Wondering where am I supposed to craft an iron fireaxe? Can't use the workbench or forge. I've read the book so I'm just not sure where to craft it? Enjoying the mod otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Slaughter View Post
    Wondering where am I supposed to craft an iron fireaxe? Can't use the workbench or forge. I've read the book so I'm just not sure where to craft it? Enjoying the mod otherwise.
    You need to follow one of the mod pack's quest lines ( quest_meleeweapons4 ) to craft items. The station needs an anvil among other items, and is called the Weapon Anvil. Works like a workbench essentially. Build it in your inventory, place and use.
    Last edited by SeekerOS; 09-21-2019 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Quote Originally Posted by SeekerOS View Post
    You need to follow one of the mod pack's quest lines ( quest_meleeweapons4 ) to craft items. The station needs an anvil among other items, and is called the Weapon Anvil. Works like a workbench essentially. Build it in your inventory, place and use.
    Thanks. Thought that was just going to be for crafting weapons.

Maybe I can rename it to 'Tool and Weapon Anvil'

Refugee
    Is there any use for schematics? I've found several but they don't have a recipe option. I can see within XML files that "Yeah Science" has been removed (no longer needed due to JSS mods was the comment I think) leaving no way to use them. Am I missing something or should I just scrap them?

Scrap them still trying to find which ones are showing up

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by mdf25 View Post
    Scrap them still trying to find which ones are showing up
    Thanks.

As for the schematics showing up, logging lists several of ConfigMod and Home_Depot warnings that could not be applied. One of these is for the remove xpath for *Books/*Schematic in your Fox's Expansion Modpack traders.xml. I thought I found most of these schematics (maybe I bought them all) and there's no WRN for the loot.xml.

Code:
    019-09-22T19:42:21 62.409 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Home_Depot" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkHammerForge']/effect_group" 
    2019-09-22T19:42:21 62.410 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Home_Depot" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']/effect_group" 
    2019-09-22T19:42:21 62.413 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Drconfused_MotorTools_Upgrade" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']/effect_group" 
    2019-09-22T19:42:21 62.417 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "ConfigMod" did not apply: <append xpath="//perk[@name='perkMiner69er']/effect_group" 
    2019-09-22T19:42:21 62.418 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "ConfigMod" did not apply: <set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkLivingOffTheLand']/level_requirements[@level='5']/requirement/@progression_name" 
    2019-09-22T19:42:21 62.846 WRN XML patch for "quests.xml" from mod "ConfigMod" did not apply: <remove xpath="/quests/quest[@id='quest_BasicSurvival6']" 
    2019-09-22T19:42:22 62.903 WRN XML patch for "traders.xml" from mod "Home_Depot" did not apply: <remove xpath="//item[contains(@name, 'Placeable')]" 
    2019-09-22T19:42:22 62.907 WRN XML patch for "traders.xml" from mod "ConfigMod" did not apply: <remove xpath="//trader_item_group[contains(@name, 'Books')]/item[contains(@name, 'Schematic')]" 
    2019-09-22T19:42:22 62.910 WRN XML patch for "traders.xml" from mod "ConfigMod" did not apply: <remove xpath="//item[contains(@name, 'Guide: Hunting Rifles')]"