Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: [World] Small Island - handmade map

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Neill View Post
    Is in the prison.xml this entry ?
    Code:
    <property name="AllowTopSoilDecorations" value="False" />
    or is it set to true ?

For problem 2:
    Ah, you have to save then exit the game, delete the 2 splat_processed.tga and start again. all will be fine
    Here is what my POI xml file has in it.

<prefab>
    <property name="CopyAirBlocks" value="True"/>
    <property name="AllowTopSoilDecorations" value="False"/>
    <property name="TraderArea" value="False"/>
    <property name="ExcludeDistantPOIMesh" value="False"/>
    <property name="ExcludePOICulling" value="False"/>
    <property name="DifficultyTier" value="5"/>
    <property name="Zoning" value="Commercial"/>
    <property name="RotationToFaceNorth" value="0"/>
    <property name="DistantPOIYOffset" value="0"/>
    <property name="AllowedTownships" value="city,rural,town"/>
    </prefab>

- - - Updated - - -

Is in the prison.xml this entry ?
    Code:
    <property name="AllowTopSoilDecorations" value="False" />
    or is it set to true ? You should set it to false, cause you dont want extra trees.

For problem 2:
    Ah, you have to save then exit the game, delete the 2 splat_processed.tga and start again. all will be fine
    The spalt_processed.tga will be calculated again as a mixture of the splat.png and the prefab list and will dictate the underground then. Thats the reason you dont see the asphalt.
    Delete these?

Quote Originally Posted by Puschpa View Post
    What a beautiful and amazing map! Started this map yesterday in a single player, and I love it! Keep up the good work.
    Thank you

@Laz Man
    yes these 2

Deleting the splat files resolved the terrain issue but the isolated tree popping still remains. It is only a small section of the prefab so I am not sure. Will need to do some more testing.

Had these 1 or 2 trees with my dam prefab too. If you place it 1 or 2 units higher, they might be gone. If thats the case i have to lower the underground that might be sticking through and then generate trees, but try first the solution at the bottom here.
    This happens even with copyairblocks=true.
    You could try to delete the dtm_processed.raw too, all 3 processed files will be generated again at map start. And additionally delete your savegame in %appdata. Might be your character has old data. But you have to teleport then back again to this position.
    Last edited by Sam_Neill; 11-02-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Had these 1 or 2 trees with my dam prefab too. If you place it 1 or 2 units higher, they might be gone. If thats the case i have to lower the underground that might be sticking through and then generate trees, but try first the solution at the bottom here.
    You could try to delete the dtm_processed.raw too, all 3 processed files will be generated again. And additionally delete your savegame in %appdata. Might be your character has old data.
    Those sound like all good suggestions, i will give it a try tomorrow. For the most part this is 99% done. I can send you the prefab files and coordinates if you want to include it part of your download pack. No sleeper config yet but that can wait until later.

Played this a bit more, and while exploring the map with my bicycle I came to two bridges that collapsed when I crossed them by foot or on bicycle. It was the bridges in region r10.2.7/r10.3.7 and r.11.4.7/r11.5.7.
    The bridge in r8.5.7 (looks black on the map) I could cross with no issue. Not yet tested other bridges.

A18.0_2019-11-02_16-27-28.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Played this a bit more, and while exploring the map with my bicycle I came to two bridges that collapsed when I crossed them by foot or on bicycle. It was the bridges in region r10.2.7/r10.3.7 and r.11.4.7/r11.5.7.
    The bridge in r8.5.7 (looks black on the map) I could cross with no issue. Not yet tested other bridges.
    Yeah those are the same type, i just reinforced them (thank Pille for his amazing prefab editor), will be in the next update.
    Those are modified vanilla ones, which tend to have the same issue. Thanks for finding this bug.
    The SI debug view in the world editor did not show any problems with stability.
    Last edited by Sam_Neill; 11-02-2019 at 04:40 PM.

You could try to delete the dtm_processed.raw too, all 3 processed files will be generated again at map start. And additionally delete your savegame in %appdata. Might be your character has old data. But you have to teleport then back again to this position.
    Issue resolved for the most part. I deleted save and splat files again and the trees are gone now. Will play around with sleepers alittle tonight and will package everything up for you. ����

Would love to hear your feedback should you get a chance to tour the prefab. I did a rough loot balance pass but I'm sure it can use some tweaking still.

I envision the prison to be a t4 or t5 quest POI.

Edit:

Last edited by Laz Man; 11-03-2019 at 04:15 AM.

Very nice :-) I guess i will be not the only one testing it then ^^ Or should i delay the download link then ?
    How deep is the prefab now ? can i lower the terrain a bit again or do you need the 40 levels down ?

Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    I deleted save and splat files again and the trees are gone now.
    I told you so But the suggestion of Pille was also a nice try. Will keep that in mind.

Very nice :-) I guess i will be not the only one testing it then ^^ Or should i delay the download link then ?
    How deep is the prefab now ? can i lower the terrain a bit again or do you need the 40 levels down ?

I told you so But the suggestion of Pille was also a nice try. Will keep that in mind.
    The current depth is fine the way it is, ty for asking tho. I'm packing the files into a modlet specifically for your world. Hopefully I do it right...(still new at this modlet stuff). Fell free to bundle it with your other files instead if it makes it easier for you.
    Last edited by Laz Man; 11-03-2019 at 05:02 AM.

Oh, can't wait to see the prison coming into this world! There is a large flat empty plot a bit north of one of the collapsed bridges I found yesterday, wouldn't this be a nice place for it?

Oh, can't wait to see the prison coming into this world! There is a large flat empty plot a bit north of one of the collapsed bridges I found yesterday, wouldn't this be a nice place for it?
    That is the place

V14 ready for download, only changes:
    -bridge stability
    -Laz Man prison prefab added

Download
    Last edited by Sam_Neill; 11-04-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Refugee
    I love this map and I have some ideas. I'd recommend adding some more burned forest around along with adding a wasteland section with maybe a destroyed city in the heart of the wasteland? I've modified the biomes.png file myself for my SP world to add some extra biomes. And it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by SkeletonDragon View Post
    I love this map and I have some ideas. I'd recommend adding some more burned forest around along with adding a wasteland section with maybe a destroyed city in the heart of the wasteland? I've modified the biomes.png file myself for my SP world to add some extra biomes. And it's great.
    If he decides to do this I hope, it will be in a second, separate version of the map. I think this map is created with the intention to not have those ugly biomes, or at least only very small portions of them.

Talking about suggestions: there is a prefab of a large ship, the Research Vessel by Pille. Wouldn't it be nice to have this in one of the harbours?

I found a prefab which shows missing blocks, it is the samneill_MinderManor(TopMinder). Running 7DTD 18.1 stable and Small Island v14. Tried a new game with clean vanilla files and no mods, same result.

20191117111300_1.jpg
    Attachment 30610
    20191117111319_1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images