Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The sad decline of "The Walking Dead"

Ranger
    Yeah the drama in TWD is beyond belief at times but the main thing with human interaction is the fact that that in reality people will take what you have to survive eventually in that setting, the dead are hardly an issue in a world where the humans still have the brains and leads them to be more of a threat to each other. You can even see rick go from as was said "officer friendly" to killing the saviors at the outpost in their sleep for food, making them the bad guys no matter how they look at it. I like the way the one woman said at the outpost episode "you are not the good guys" and it was true. I would think you would learn rather quickly not too trust anyone and those who do do not survive.

The first couple of season are the best of course, watching the Blu Ray versions of these seasons was still amazing even after all these years since last watching from the start but not until season 9 did I really see that the show is over for the most part. It need a good series finale - like that will happen.

I accidentally got hooked on Happy! not too long ago, it was just violence and weirdness but I liked the guy from Law and Order Special victims Unit in it.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Happy is cute. Not great but an easy Saturday takes care of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Well TWD refers to the humans, not the zombies, so it makes sense in their context to have the human interactions.

I was pleasantly surprised by hm, what's it called... Black summer? On Netflix? ...it's in the z-nation universe but doesn't have the cheese...
    Is that the one where they make there way to the stadium? There was some cheesy parts but was overall good.

I heard they were supposed to rewrite the ending to dexter and breaking bad had a sequel coming starring jesse.

Yeh the stadium one.

Dexter has the comics so afai concerned it's done.

We will see about the BBad movie... Seems a cry of desperation from an out of work actor, but I'll watch it anyway.

Ranger
    I had no Idea there was a Breaking Bad movie. I will wait for Netflix to have it on blu ray, I have not been to a movie theater since 2004, I don't even remember what it was, I guess that was the reason I stopped going and started ordering Netflix DVDs.

I have to say I did enjoy Season 8 of the Walking Dead or maybe the pain pills my doctor gave me made it more enjoyable. No idea why he went all out and gave me Percocet but I was in pain so I was happy to have them. Even though I did not get addicted to them, I can see why a lot of people nag their doctor for more.

This may be a drug reference but it was prescribed so it is not illegal or anything.

After watching the Black Summer trailer it seems to be a rip off of Fear The Walking Dead season 1 almost the exact plot, get to the stadium and rescue Nick and someones mom as the army hauls some of them off and then decides to use martial law in the suburbs of Los Angeles, or maybe it was season 2. That is just a lack of creativity to me sorry to say.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 10-01-2019 at 05:36 AM.

The movie is straight to Netflix so your wait won't be long.

Ranger
    Well Netflix is really hogging a lot of their shows to make people buy streaming plans and I got sick of the ridiculous Netflix original shows and went back to DVDs by mail instead, so they may not offer this on Blue Ray, but I doubt I will miss it, I really hated Jesse at the end of the show so I would prefer to watch Better Call Saul when it comes back on and at least that is AMC and will have Blue Ray offerings to rent and catch up on the show seeing how its been so long.

Walt was pretty hardcore in the end but Jesse was a backstabber at the end of the show and I hated him for that.

180 post without making a complete ass out of myself, that's a new record.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 10-01-2019 at 05:32 AM.

That show is still on? Has Glenn crawled out from beneath another dumpster and revealed that Negan missed......?

I guess the execs made the show for their own viewing preferences and mine are misaligned. I don't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrpggamer View Post
    Well Netflix is really hogging a lot of their shows to make people buy streaming plans and I got sick of the ridiculous Netflix original shows and went back to DVDs by mail instead, so they may not offer this on Blue Ray, but I doubt I will miss it, I really hated Jesse at the end of the show so I would prefer to watch Better Call Saul when it comes back on and at least that is AMC and will have Blue Ray offerings to rent and catch up on the show seeing how its been so long.

Walt was pretty hardcore in the end but Jesse was a backstabber at the end of the show and I hated him for that.

180 post without making a complete ass out of myself, that's a new record.
    The Netflix originals (some of them) will probably be the only reason I keep subscribing to Netflix to be honest. I like several Prime originals as well. Definitely plan to pick up Disney's offering next month as some of their new MCU series look to be good. I really liked Jessica Jones and assume that will continue on Disney going forward if it continues. I think they have every right to keep those shows off of Blue Ray to entice people to subscribe.

Speaking of which...anyone watch Cobra Kai later seasons? Were they as good as season 1? I might buy a month of Youtube to watch more of that original series if it stayed good...

JJones is dead (the show). Big marvel decided that those branches were not very good. They're wrong of course, but whatever. Well, Luke Cage sucked but JJ and DD were top notch, and Punisher, Defenders, Iron Fist were good enough...

KKai S2 had the *best* school fight I've ever seen in a show... it was /brutal/. Good season, and probably the only one where I started to side with Daniel. Well, for one particular scene, anyway.

Refugee
    Yep, that's Black Summer. It was big news for me when I found out there is a prequel called Z-Nation, which is also on Netflix. It is a different kind of thing, with some touches of comedy, but I ended up liking it. I recommend you to give it a try!

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    JJones is dead (the show). Big marvel decided that those branches were not very good. They're wrong of course, but whatever. Well, Luke Cage sucked but JJ and DD were top notch, and Punisher, Defenders, Iron Fist were good enough...

KKai S2 had the *best* school fight I've ever seen in a show... it was /brutal/. Good season, and probably the only one where I started to side with Daniel. Well, for one particular scene, anyway.
    Yeah, I was disappointed that JJones was dropped. Punisher and Iron Fist were "OK", but I feel they could have done a lot better than what we got.

Also I saw Black Lightning, and was like WTSF through about half of it. Although, I suppose that shouldn't surprise me since it's CW.

BL is pretty bad... Watched the whole first season though... The wife kept asking me "why are you watching that crap".

I did Titans s1 but haven't been interested enough to see s2.

Moving into comedies now. Re did the entire The Office, and am loving Sorry Not Sorry.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by bunanu View Post
    Yep, that's Black Summer. It was big news for me when I found out there is a prequel called Z-Nation, which is also on Netflix. It is a different kind of thing, with some touches of comedy, but I ended up liking it. I recommend you to give it a try!
    Ive seen the entire Z-Nation series and I am waiting for DVDs of them, I only have Season 1 and 2 on DVD so far. I loved Murphy even though he's a jackass most of the show. The difference I noticed in Z-Nation and The Walking Dead is that Z-Nation can think outside the box and add things that are surprising even if it is lamb its still trying to be different where as The Walking Dead is pretty much all the same which is realistic but tends to be boring.

Z-nation shows off a little of the Sci-fi networks lameness but it is one of their best, that and Happy. I could not believe that Happy was done by them, it seemed a little too good (or another word to describe it I cannot think of) to come from the Sci-Fi network. Some of their movies are something you might watch just to relax and not overthink too much or at all. If you like B movies then that's what you would find, I do like some B movies but some of the Movies and TV shows I have watched have just been awful.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 10-03-2019 at 03:35 PM.

I was never a fan of The Walking Dead untill Dave Chappelle got involved lol.

Walking Dead Chappelle's Show. https://youtu.be/EG0wQRsXLi4