Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 86

Thread: YooHoo, zombies oh, where are you?

  1. #61
    Colony Founder Ghostlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,258
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    The new death penalty doesn't help either. It sounded great on paper and I was on board, but the net result is dying allows my GS to stay low so there are limited threats, but the massive amounts of loot you can acquire allow me to bulk up on super armor and super weapons, plus plenty of ammo.

    It was probably too early in the release for me to start my "a18 is too easy" rant but um, it really is too easy. .
    Completely agree. Easiest yet. Had planned first playthrough to be on default but man, zero challenge, nothing can touch us. Cranked up to Warrior, still zero challenge.

  2. #62
    Colony Founder AtomicUs5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    1
    So the sequence is events is:
    1) Get your gamestage up for good enough loot.
    2) Die on purpose daily and loot like crazy until you build up a really good supply of high tier goodies.
    3) Stop dying, but now you don't have to worry about much because you are prepared for basically anything.

    Yeah, I'd say that's not going to work out.

  3. #63
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    22,505
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryZombie View Post
    Your point is kind of specious since my suggestion was specific to Guppy since he is saying there is no challenge.

    But you are correct, Madmole advised against it for people who might not want the gamestage to go up too quick.
    It's not that, I can certainly mod the settings however I want, it's that the vanilla gameplay, the standard gameplay, should not be boring. Because it is a foundation of modded gameplay.

    A lot of people don't see it, but every time the pimps take something away, or simplify it, or streamline it, it takes away from the modability as well.

  4. #64
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    22,505
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    So the sequence is events is:
    1) Get your gamestage up for good enough loot.
    2) Die on purpose daily and loot like crazy until you build up a really good supply of high tier goodies.
    3) Stop dying, but now you don't have to worry about much because you are prepared for basically anything.

    Yeah, I'd say that's not going to work out.
    Don't even need step 1, just spend more time on step 2.

  5. #65
    Colony Founder AtomicUs5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Don't even need step 1, just spend more time on step 2.
    Maybe. If you tried right from day one, it would take forever. Not saying it isn't possible, but it would be more work than just playing legit.

  6. #66
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,060
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    It's not that, I can certainly mod the settings however I want, it's that the vanilla gameplay, the standard gameplay, should not be boring. Because it is a foundation of modded gameplay.

    A lot of people don't see it, but every time the pimps take something away, or simplify it, or streamline it, it takes away from the modability as well.
    It's impossible to make the default settings not be boring. Boring to someone that is. If the ability to adjust things to have more fun exists it would behooves you to try it out.

  7. #67
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    22,505
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    Maybe. If you tried right from day one, it would take forever. Not saying it isn't possible, but it would be more work than just playing legit.
    Dude I had 2 turrets in the first few days and bought a better one for like 400. I got an m60, ak47 and tons of ammo not too much later. Plenty to allow me access to "higher tier" loot.

    Name of the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HungryZombie View Post
    It's impossible to make the default settings not be boring. Boring to someone that is. If the ability to adjust things to have more fun exists it would behooves you to try it out.
    I already do that.

  8. #68
    Reconstructionist Kalarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    730
    Rep Power
    1
    Im likeing the amount of zombies. Maybe it's because my base is inside a city, but I see zombies roaming around all the time, and also knocking on my doors often.

  9. #69
    Colony Founder Ghostlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,258
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    So the sequence is events is:
    1) Get your gamestage up for good enough loot.
    2) Die on purpose daily and loot like crazy until you build up a really good supply of high tier goodies.
    3) Stop dying, but now you don't have to worry about much because you are prepared for basically anything.

    Yeah, I'd say that's not going to work out.
    You can skip steps 2 and 3 completely. Day 16 I haven't died yet. Game is so easy you do not need to do that. Just get your GS up so you actually see some damn zombies in the game. We just looted the entire of the Higashi skyscraper looking for the 2nd Beaker (again). Saw about 2 dozen zombies. Last time I did that place (A17) it was in the hundreds and my friend was killed a few times. No way anyone is going to die in there now.

    I'd really like a dev to confirm for me: does increased gamestage increase zombie numbers, both inside POIs and out, because right now this is a farce.
    Last edited by Ghostlight; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:33 PM.

  10. #70
    Reconstructionist Kalarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    730
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlight View Post
    You can skip steps 2 and 3 completely. Day 16 I haven't died yet. Game is so easy you do not need to do that. Just get your GS up so you actually see some damn zombies in the game. We just looted the entire of the Higashi skyscraper looking for the 2nd Beaker (again). Saw about 2 dozen zombies. Last time I did that place (A17) it was in the hundreds and my friend was killed a few times. No way anyone is going to die in there now.

    I'd really like a dev to confirm for me: does increased gamestage increase zombie numbers, both inside POIs and out, because right now this is a farce.
    I dont know if zombie number scales with more players bc I play alone, but sure as hell dont want to kill hundreds of zombies for a POI. That's more tedious than hard. 2 dozens for a big POI sounds right, at least playing solo.

  11. #71
    Colony Founder AtomicUs5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlight View Post
    You can skip steps 2 and 3 completely. Day 16 I haven't died yet. Game is so easy you do not need to do that. Just get your GS up so you actually see some damn zombies in the game. We just looted the entire of the Higashi skyscraper looking for the 2nd Beaker (again). Saw about 2 dozen zombies. Last time I did that place (A17) it was in the hundreds and my friend was killed a few times. No way anyone is going to die in there now.

    I'd really like a dev to confirm for me: does increased gamestage increase zombie numbers, both inside POIs and out, because right now this is a farce.
    Perhaps... but we were talking about the ineffectiveness of the death penalty.

    Anyway. Living to day 16 even on hardest difficulty isnít that much to make conclusions on. That part of the game is not supposed to be impossible.
    Last edited by AtomicUs5000; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:21 PM.

  12. #72
    Inventor Khulkhuum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    762
    Rep Power
    1
    Hey... i'm taking my time and digging through that rubble at the base of the POI i'm based at... You all simply go out on killing sprees :P

  13. #73
    Colony Founder Ghostlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,258
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    Perhaps... but we were talking about the ineffectiveness of the death penalty.

    Anyway. Living to day 16 even on hardest difficulty isn’t that much to make conclusions on. That part of the game is not supposed to be impossible.
    True but it's never been this easy either. Or this uneventful.

  14. #74
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    22,505
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    Anyway. Living to day 16 even on hardest difficulty isn’t that much to make conclusions on. That part of the game is not supposed to be impossible.
    Maybe, but should it be boring?

  15. #75
    Colony Founder AtomicUs5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    1
    Lol, why are you guys picking on me? Iím not making any statements about the fun factor here. Biggest problem in this thread is that itís gone in three separate directions now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •