Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The voice acting of the game for $ 450,000

Survivor

The voice acting of the game for $ 450,000

I do not call for any negativity, just funny. I read kickstarter today.
    The plans said that when the 450k was going to be a professional acting voice acting(Already over 500k at the moment). As a result, we have a seller’s girl who speaks in a male voice, possibly in the voice of one of the developers)))

p.s. I wrote through google translator, so that possible frame loss (Meaning)
    Last edited by KrashYT22; 10-10-2019 at 12:09 PM.

As far as i know, there are also some other points not yet fully implemented. Considering MadMole mentioned that they hired someone to record voices for Trader Jen (and perhaps for other people), I presume this will get done at most in A19.

something something alpha alpha early access placeholder placeholder early access coming next alpha for 1000% this time something something bugs oh and everything will be there 1000% after release in tens of years, so don't worry, chill and die of old age while waiting for release, just pass account to your grand grand kids who might live long enough to see beta

Im pretty sure we got much more things that werent specified in the kickstart than the ones which were removed. More and better ones.

Quote Originally Posted by KrashYT22 View Post
    ...we have a seller’s girl who speaks in a male voice...
    I just assumed Jen is trans. No big deal.

At the same time, I haven't found any pants yet so I'm wearing a skirt. Again, no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezed View Post

At the same time, I haven't found any pants yet so I'm wearing a skirt. Again, no big deal.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    something something alpha alpha early access placeholder placeholder early access coming next alpha for 1000% this time something something bugs oh and everything will be there 1000% after release in tens of years, so don't worry, chill and die of old age while waiting for release, just pass account to your grand grand kids who might live long enough to see beta
    lol, I'm pretty much at that point too.

At least there is no radical nudity as in Conan Exiles or Rust... Then you'd have to explain why your girl as something hanging between her legs...

They already used professional voice actors for all of the traders, except for Jen. And they already picked a prof. voice actor to do Jen. So what is the point?

Zombie Hunter
    I don't know. Trader Jen has been around long enough to be an icon now - I want the deep voice to star. Or get even more gruff - fits with the overall comedy from this title

Could be simply legal reasons (licensing), that Jens voice is not updated yet.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    last I knew, it was because they were still recording, and the audio wasn't complete for release yet. They've hired a pretty good voice actor for it that's done a lot of TV and anime. Something over 200 different shows. I can't for the life of me recall her name now though. Madmole posted it a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by KrashYT22 View Post
    I do not call for any negativity, just funny. I read kickstarter today.
    The plans said that when the 450k was going to be a professional acting voice acting(Already over 500k at the moment). As a result, we have a seller’s girl who speaks in a male voice, possibly in the voice of one of the developers)))

p.s. I wrote through google translator, so that possible frame loss (Meaning)
    I find it funnier that someone missed the comment that items after the 350k mark might not appear until AFTER release....

Anything having to do with delayed gratification never translates well.

Colony Founder

It's Trader Jen. Short for Jenner. Yes I said it!