Page 139 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2107

Thread: Improvements for the dedicated server

Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    it identifies blocks that have density that isn't within the accepted range for that block type.

It appears a lot of them are contained within prefabs.

You could then run the rcd (repair chunk density) command on each affected area to fix the densities
    Thank you kind sir.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post711289

It's not an error, it's just telling you that the file isn't there. Atm at least, you have to manually copy the file generated by visitmap into the webserver folder (or set up a symlink to it).
    I guess my issue is introduction of an 'error' line in a new version without any explanation and I don't want to be the one complaining about a free enhancement. I guess that is just the nature of the beast, there seems to be a hole in that side of the project. THanks for your input.

On a related note, is there a way to correct the timezone for last played? As it seems it's wrong for a my local timezone and thus shows people as not being on for hours when they've just logged off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    On a related note, is there a way to correct the timezone for last played? As it seems it's wrong for a my local timezone and thus shows people as not being on for hours when they've just logged off.
    In players.js

Code:
    function prettyDate(date){
      var diff = (((new Date()).getTime() - date.getTime()) / 1000),
    the new Date() will be your local time, the date var will be whatever the server timezone is

for my work stuff I work with everything in UTC then use local browser time for display only. That's the easiest way I know to fix it, but that would require the data from allocs mod to return UTC dates.

Ranger
    Is there a special thread for the webmap? I haven't found one.

For the webmap i'd have two suggestions:
    1) Would it be possible to set Waypoints on the webmap, visible to all other viewers? Markers need to be only visible on the webmap, not ingame. Also nice would be if the ingame markers are shown on the webmap.

2) Would it be possible to visualize the heatmap as an overlay in the webmap?

Fun Pimps Staff
    the new Date() will be your local time, the date var will be whatever the server timezone is
    Actually the mod has always been using UTC, just JS didn't know it when reading it
    Added the missing "Z" to the time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Liesel Weppen View Post
    Nope, it's part of the mod so this is the thread for it

1) Would it be possible to set Waypoints on the webmap, visible to all other viewers? Markers need to be only visible on the webmap, not ingame. Also nice would be if the ingame markers are shown on the webmap.
    Technically yes, but not sure if that's going to happen. This whole thing is still targeted as an administration interface, end-user support by permission levels is just a minor additional feature of it
    Will put it on my list though, as soon as there's a DB (wouldn't really work properly without one after all) in the backend I'll think about it again.

2) Would it be possible to visualize the heatmap as an overlay in the webmap?
    Hm, never looked into how the heatmap works but this definitely should be possible. Actually like the idea. On my list

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar

For the webmap i'd have two suggestions:
    1) Would it be possible to set Waypoints on the webmap, visible to all other viewers?
    Check map.guppycur.com, if that's what you're looking for, let me know and I will get you the code.

Not sure if there is some feature available in this tool for this, so I'll just give it a run and see what sticks.

We have completely destroyed a couple of POI's near our base. But, when we get a certain distance away they still show up as a distant POI.
    is there some command that can be ran to make that region file re-calculate the distant POI view?
    Its a little weird walking along and the building just totally disappears.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewZephyr View Post
    Not sure if there is some feature available in this tool for this, so I'll just give it a run and see what sticks.

We have completely destroyed a couple of POI's near our base. But, when we get a certain distance away they still show up as a distant POI.
    is there some command that can be ran to make that region file re-calculate the distant POI view?
    Its a little weird walking along and the building just totally disappears.

Thanks for your time and assistance.
    When it re-calculates, it will run it based on the RWG settings, and will draw the POI's in again anyway. Distant POI only generates when the server initially starts and it generates the map. You can delete a region file from the POI data, but it would just re-generate the same thing, not what is actually on the map now. (Have tried this and can confirm.)

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Check map.guppycur.com, if that's what you're looking for, let me know and I will get you the code.
    Looks good. How does it work?

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Alloc View Post
    Technically yes, but not sure if that's going to happen. This whole thing is still targeted as an administration interface, end-user support by permission levels is just a minor additional feature of it
    Will put it on my list though, as soon as there's a DB (wouldn't really work properly without one after all) in the backend I'll think about it again.
    While you are speaking about DB, i just tried some days ago to add MongoDB driver for C# into a testing mod, this so far worked (connecting) but also worked not (query/insert) because the driver itself needed some things from mscorlib.dll that are not included in the current games mscorlib. I also tried older driver versions but all seem to request stuff not existing in mscorlib 2.0.0.0

So my Question is: is there any way to get this missing Classes/Methods from System.* into another dll? Last time i did C# was @ university several years ago.
    I tried to copy some of the missing methods from the current mono repo into my mod but it always requests those from mscorlib.

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    When it re-calculates, it will run it based on the RWG settings, and will draw the POI's in again anyway. Distant POI only generates when the server initially starts and it generates the map. You can delete a region file from the POI data, but it would just re-generate the same thing, not what is actually on the map now. (Have tried this and can confirm.)
    Yeah deleting the region file would reset our base as well, so not a solution.
    I had thought this might be the case... little disappointing, but eh it s what it is.

Thanks for sharing your experience / knowledge.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Devidian View Post
    So my Question is: is there any way to get this missing Classes/Methods from System.* into another dll?
    Nope, as far as I'm aware references in .NET referring to things of other libraries do so by exactly specifying what assembly they belong to (optionally even with version numbers and then even those would have to match).

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewZephyr View Post
    Yeah deleting the region file would reset our base as well, so not a solution.
    I had thought this might be the case... little disappointing, but eh it s what it is.

Thanks for sharing your experience / knowledge.
    Not the usual region file that your base is in, but the distant POI region file. It's in a different folder. I can't look it up atm though because I'm at work.

---update---
    \instance\HubCellData
    I believe that is the folder that has the data for the distant POI. I'm not 100% sure though.
    I do know that if I wipe parts of it, the server re-generates the data on the next startup though. It does not do this with the region files.

Which makes me think that the "generate world/chunks" when you first start the server isn't generating the actual RWG world, but just the distant POI display.
    Last edited by SylenThunder; 08-11-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Ranger
    Hello Alloc,

I was wondering. is there any particular reason for introducing the use of steamworks? it seems a bit overkill having it for only pm.

Its not part of the game as far as i can see. Does the dedi gonna need steamworks installed?

Or am i missing something here?

Cheers

Fun Pimps Staff
    Huh? No idea what you're talking about... the game's been using Steamworks (i.e. the Steam API) since as far back as I can remember. Possibly not right from the first versions of the game on Steam but certainly at least since like A6. So what are you referring here? ^^