Page 2 of 153 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Improvements for the dedicated server

I do not mind suggestions at all

Though I will only add stuff that is actually interesting for server administration, nothing that changes the behavior of the game in any way. E.g. I do not see any reason to add a command to heal someone unless anyone can tell me why that's important to admins (but of course you're free to add such things to your local build if you want to ).
    Anyway if you have an idea just post it and we'll see if that fits the purpose of this patch.

Regards,
    Chris

Can't think of one to heal, however unless you already did it, an ability to "kill" them would be good since they can't suicide. Plenty of reports where people fall through / find bugs putting them in a catch 22 with no way to escape it except death, while mates can't reach them to help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSlinger View Post
    Can't think of one to heal, however unless you already did it, an ability to "kill" them would be good since they can't suicide. Plenty of reports where people fall through / find bugs putting them in a catch 22 with no way to escape it except death, while mates can't reach them to help with that.
    Yeah, that one might be handy. Not sure if that would be a deep interaction with the engine so I would have to check that.

Just uploaded rev.103.
    Primarily added the abbreviation "pm" for "sayplayer" and changed its behavior so people can in fact use this as a PM function. I.e. the receiver does see the message as e.g. "Alloc (PM): hello" if used by a client. If used through Telnet or control panel it will be "Server (PM): hello".

Also made the code more resistent to bugs in itself, so if there was something going wrong it at least should not affect the game/server

... an ability to "kill" them would be good since they can't suicide...
    Haven't forgotten about that one, in fact I just created a ticket so I won't at all
    It's just more work as I have to dig in the assembly again to find out how to do this while I am fairly familiar with the console business by now

Regards,
    Chris

very nice work a big advantage for serveradmins ty so much alloc, i hope tfp include this in the next patch!

MFG

Thanks

I doubt that TFP will do a lot on this though. I actually even doubt they noticed this at all

... an ability to "kill" them would be good since they can't suicide...
    Thanks to HAL9000 the latest rev has a kill command

had my first server crash, i never used derpopos fix because server never crashed under linux but do i need it now? can someone combine it with your files i try it but server does not start then

TY

http://pastebin.com/UUQbxFN9

Hm, do you know on what event that happened?

Also, did you use both the AC#.dll and the server-fixes.dll from the same revision (or just used the updatescripts command)?

PS: From the log I would say this is not related to anything that DerPopo's fix could help. Looks more like you got some problem with the fixes.

not really, there was only a few ppl on the server normaly the server is nearly full with 20 ppl and it runs stable.
    i use this files http://svn.illy.bz/7dtd/binary-impro...s/bin/Release/
    i used frt servermanger with telnet connection when the crash happens, switching back to web connect because telnet never runs stable for me.
    he released a new manager now
    Changed telnet parsing - should be more stable
    i testing this later.
    is derpopo fix included in your files? i see a few posts ago you said yes so im confused

another question, i try to make a second server but it uses the same log files, can this be a problem?

/home/ogp_agent/.config/unity3d/The Fun Pimps/7 Days To Die/Player.log

thanks and sorry bad english here

Ugh, I never said DerPopo's fixes were included ^^

Regarding the log ... wonder why it does use that path. Are you running the game through the management scripts or some other way?

Quote Originally Posted by Alloc View Post
    Ugh, I never said DerPopo's fixes were included ^^

Regarding the log ... wonder why it does use that path. Are you running the game through the management scripts or some other way?
    then I misunderstood something but is there a chance you can apply popos patch in yours? i try it but no chance
    to get i work
    im using open game panel for all my headless servers but how change i change the log path?

LG

Not sure why it uses that path on your machine at all anyway ... but you should be able to change it with "-logfile somepath/file".

Regarding DerPopo's fixes: No reason to do so as long as there's no real crash reports on the Linux side anyway. The one you encountered quite likely is not related to anything he fixed.

Grml, wasn't able to edit my post anymore ... (less than a minute to late for that)

Just had a quick talk with him: The fixes are for the Windows engine only. They might not be needed for the Linux engine at all anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Alloc View Post
    Not sure why it uses that path on your machine at all anyway ... but you should be able to change it with "-logfile somepath/file".

Regarding DerPopo's fixes: No reason to do so as long as there's no real crash reports on the Linux side anyway. The one you encountered quite likely is not related to anything he fixed.
    -logfile works
    i wonder why the native linux server never crashed, its a windows bug
    thx for the files its really helpfull for admin to detect cheaters
    maybe its possible to remove keystones with playerid because some funny ppl build keystone forts overnight and i cannot always reset the whole area

TY and LG

PS: banned first cheater 63000 ironwall, 32000 goldenrod tea in belt usw.