Page 51 of 153 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Improvements for the dedicated server

Quote Originally Posted by three08 View Post
    I think this was yesterday, before i realized I had to add something to the server to get it working
    Code:
    2014-12-17T12:23:31 7.056 Webserver not started (folder "webserver" not found in game folder)
    Well, then restart the server now and check if it works

Zombie Hunter
    OMG it's working, now don't I feel like an idiot, I've spent most of the night trying to get this going and all I had to do was restart the server, I can't believe I didn't do that already. Sorry to waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloc View Post
    Well, then restart the server now and check if it works

Np, glad it works now

just me or are the hooks broken in a10.4?

oh and this error in compiling again..
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(5,5): Error MSB4018: The "ResolveAssemblyReference" task failed unexpectedly.
    System.IO.FileLoadException: The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)
       at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nToString()
       at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.get_FullName()
       at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ReferenceTable.MarkReferencesForExclusion(Hashtable exclusionList)
       at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ResolveAssemblyReference.Execute(FileExists fileExists, DirectoryExists directoryExists, GetDirectories getDirectories, GetAssemblyName getAssemblyName, GetAssemblyMetadata getAssemblyMetadata, GetRegistrySubKeyNames getRegistrySubKeyNames, GetRegistrySubKeyDefaultValue getRegistrySubKeyDefaultValue, GetLastWriteTime getLastWriteTime, GetAssemblyRuntimeVersion getRuntimeVersion, OpenBaseKey openBaseKey, CheckIfAssemblyInGac checkIfAssemblyIsInGac, IsWinMDFile isWinMDFile, ReadMachineTypeFromPEHeader readMachineTypeFromPEHeader)
       at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ResolveAssemblyReference.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__20.MoveNext() (MSB4018) (7dtd-server-fixes)
    tbh i did just try deob the 10.4 AC.dll with Deobfuscate-7dtd_pre0.4.2b ..maybe that might be needing an update again?

current_chat.log
    current_commandExecution.log

both empty.. so guess that is why the hooks aren't working.

I was able to compile the dll with the pre0.4.2b deob no problem.

hmm really?

doesn't work here.. tried compiling previous release again just to make sure it wasn't some MSBUILD issue.. it worked fine.

just not working with a10.4 anymore.. I did try untick MSBUILD engine for server-fixes.. but that just goes down the rabbit hole of more errors.

Can't edit my previous post.. but I had another look at AC dll deob.. it seems I got a bit carried away zeroing out the values when removing the signature stuff .. ended up putting 00000000 instead of leaving 00000015 in for the Name.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolio View Post
    current_chat.log
    current_commandExecution.log

both empty.. so guess that is why the hooks aren't working.
    This is Linux management, no mod related
    Anyway, didn't update the log parsing, will do so later on.

Ok so I patched the files myself to apply my own code with your latest server fixes for the 10.4 hotfix at least I think its for the hotfix. Top of the site states Revision 221 but Tortoise logs state its Revision 218 and only updating the assembly and serverfix dll no other files, Then in FrontRunners SM it states this.

Your Version: 0.104.5466.33096
    Lastest Version: 0.104.5466.33703
    So not to sure if its me being confused about something or what as I am pretty sure I have been doing everything right this past month. Are the files updated for building ourselves??

If you build the files yourself you'll get a different version number as the last two parts are generated on build based on day + time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloc View Post
    If you build the files yourself you'll get a different version number as the last two parts are generated on build based on day + time.
    ahhh ok thats why lol Thanks man

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Any idea why sometimes the map tool works fine, while other times it won't actually show who's online or update their location? It will generate the mapped area just fine though.

Typically resetting the server resolves it, but sometimes it just seems to be hit or miss.
    I'm running your dedi build on Linux and use Chrome as my main browser. Seems to happen in IE just the same though.

The used HTTP server library (part of the .NET library) seems to be a bit picky on what it delivers and what not For me it happened very rarely but most of the time refreshing the page worked. I may be going with a different solution in the future that should be more stable though, as it indeed is annoying that way

Trying to get the mapping working for the first time. I have received below line, however it says authentication disabled. How do I enable? Does this mean the port is closed and I need to contact server host to open?

2014-12-21T07:43:33 26.884 INF Started Webserver on 2xxx9 (authentication disabled)