Thread: Disappearing backpacks...

Disappearing backpacks...

Had a 2nd backpack disappear (it's on the compass, but missing when arriving where it's supposed to be).

I've looked around in case it rolled.
    I've dug down at the location.
    I've used dm to fly high above and below with no backpack in sight.

I don't recall this happening since before A16, so I'm a bit concerned.

Anyone else lose any?

-Morloc

Scavenger
    I lost one i the snow zone along with a junk turret i put down. Only the once so far but still, made me very unhappy.

Refugee
    Personally I have never lost a backpack.

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox
    Last edited by damiendada; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:22 PM.

Refugee
    You know they are white now, didn't get much of a look as a dashed and grabbed to avoid two wolves

I have never lost a backpack..well yes I did, once, it fell in my spike pit and got destroyed......lol.
    Of course I only play SP and my computer is its own host, so.......
    Last edited by Bigrowdy; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrowdy View Post
    Of course I only play SP and my computer is its own host, so.......
    Aye, SP hosted locally too (I probably should have mentioned that...I think I did in the bug report thing). I just went over the terrain enough times picking up or cutting down everything to avoid confusion, but it's just not there.

I'm playing on "drop nothing" until this one gets addressed as it's hard to imagine anything more annoying than losing like....everything randomly.

-Morloc
    Last edited by Morloc; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morloc View Post
    Aye, SP hosted locally too (I probably should have mentioned that...I think I did in the bug report thing). I just went over the terrain enough times picking up or cutting down everything to avoid confusion, but it's just not there.

I'm playing on "drop nothing" until this one gets addressed as it's hard to imaging anything more annoying than losing like....everything randomly.

-Morloc
    Just wanted to chime in, same thing happening on my MP server. We have also changed over to 'drop nothing' as a result.

I have lost my backpack for the 4th time in SP. Each time I was carrying 10k+ Dukes.
    I donít want to change to drop nothing but it might be the best option.

I lost a backpack in A18 on single player. It was in a building in an easily located spot. Looked everywhere around it, eventually switched on god mode and never found it underground, in walls, etc.

I just wish there was a command I could use to summon my backpack to me for these situations. Acio Backpack! I understand in a voxel based world there will always be a low chance for something like this to happen, we just need a reliable fallback for when it does happen.

Zombie Hunter
    I lost one in the wasteland...flat terrain, I think my backpack attempted to spawn on a scrap girder ground clutter and just...failed to appear...I dug very deep, looked all around. No backpack. That was quite the setback.

Just like OP, the backpack icon showed it existed, but it just wasn't there.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by JohannFaulstich View Post
    I have lost my backpack for the 4th time in SP. Each time I was carrying 10k+ Dukes.
    I donít want to change to drop nothing but it might be the best option.
    Same, best advice to change settings to "drop nothing on death" until stable is out. not techically a cheat if its bugging out. losing armor with mods and hard worked loot is not fun and makes you want to stop playing

Ever thought about it having the same problem as some vehicles? Like gettin warped to ceiling?

Scavenger
    Ever since they say that they fixed 'disappearing backpacks on steep hills' (something like that), I have had my backpack disappear every time on death. Like others above I just turned off the drop backpack option. Which I hate btw... I find it to be too gamey. "I'll just die now to get back to my base."