Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: A18 b143 EXP bug reporting thread

Snow Biome FPS drop

I know there's plenty of posts about certain biomes (mine is snow biome) causing FPS drop but thought I would provide some of my info so that maybe it'll shed some light or verify.

The video below shows FPS (bottom right) after I came out of a building into the snow biome (mind you i normally get around 90ish FPS). For the first 2:25 it shows me flying around the snow biome (poorly, but what can i do at 4-9 FPS LMAO) then at about 2:26 into video you'll see a transition to 50+ FPS, the terrain and path looks the same, at least to me, for my surroundings so i'm perplexed to what the issue could be, I'm not that savvy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wUf...ature=youtu.be

Here is my settings:

Spoiler: 

here is my latest output log: https://pastebin.com/fz33BKnp

Summary: server shutdown command not shutting down server
    Version: a17 all, a18 all
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows
    MP RWG

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) Y
    Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) Y
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) Y
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No) N
    EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description:

The server shutdown command is not working, and you need to force close it in task manager. (The same issue was occurring in all a17 builds.)

Reproduce steps:
    Start a server, try the shutdown command. Look at task manager, and see it's still running.

Actual result: server does not shutdown

Expected result: server shuts down and closes the task.

Summary: server passwords not retained when using a controller
    Version:latest exp
    OS/Version: Windows
    Mp RWG

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) Y
    Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) Y
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) Y
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No) N
    EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description: When you select connect to a server with a controller, you can see the password asterisk placeholders in the password field right before steam's on screen controller keyboard overlay pops up, which clears the text entry field. (Related, you can only navigate the keyboard overlay with the left stick...the d pad is non functional, as it usually is.)

Reproduce steps:
    Select connect to a server with a controller, and you'll see steam's overlay text entry field has been cleared.

Actual result: having to re enter server passwords

Expected result: if the server password was previously entered, it would still be in the text entry field, or bypass text entry completely, and attempt connect with that password. If it fails the password check, then open the password entry box.

ADDENDUM: I had reported controller drift issues when pressing the right trigger. It turned out that was a controller going bad. Replacing the controller fixed the issue.

Refugee
    Wrong message
    Deleted

Nomad

Stealth not working

Summary: Stealth not working
    Version: A18 b143
    Platform: pc
    OS/Version: Windows10
    Game mode, sp pregen3

Did you wipe old saves? y
    Did you start a new game? y
    Did you validate your files? y
    Are you using any mods? y S420_SimpleUI-LeftHUD-BuffTimers
    EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: I've put 4 points into From the Shadows, tried military armor with adv mufflers, leather armor with adv mufflers, padded armor and no armor. I watch the stealth meter hovering over 17, no flash light, no head light, no flame mod on weapon, I inch forwards crouching and constantly wake up all zombies and even zombies in next rooms.

Output log:
    https://pastebin.com/uzfRCGVi

Refugee
    Summary: Cannot choose Drop nothing on dead anymore
    Version: b143
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game mode: SP
    Are you using any mods? SMXhud, SMXMenu

Bug Description: Cannot choose Drop nothing on dead anymore

Reproduce steps: Creating a new game
    Ok, i removed the SMXMenu and that solves the problem
    Last edited by Hiperion; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    Some Kind of graphical glitch with the ground that looks like shadows or snowflakes, it's been an A18 bug. I dont know what causes it, but it's been ongoing through the A18 experimental builds. Maybe it's tearing? I really dont know, but I experience this in the Navezgane map.

This issue resembles staticy snow or holes in the ground that expose the "sky" that you see when under the ground in god mode. it's constantly shifting even while the esc menu pauses the game.

- - - Updated - - -

THIS!!!! THIS IS WHAT i AM EXPERIENCING!!!!
    For what it is worth, Vlad, I deleted my bug report because my video card is ancient (2015) and with only 1GB memory is not up to the task, I think. On my laptop, which is slightly better, A18 plays fine; maybe even a bit better than A17 did. Laptop only has a NVidia 960m with 2GB GDDR5 - not a screamer by any stretch. But at 1280x960 it plays fine at medium settings.

And but so, I attribute the "snowflakes" (good description) to my crappy vid card. Amazon next-day delivery to the rescue!

Survivor
    Summary: Stack Overflows, unknown trigger, infrequent.
    Spoiler: 

Version: Alpha 18 Experimental build 143
    OS/Version: Linux (Ubuntu 19.04)
    Game mode: Client connected to dedicated MP server, Navezgane map.

Did you wipe old saves? YES (prior to playing A18 first experimental)
    Did you start a new game? NO (The server is running a save started during first experimental; but did not wipe when b143 came out).
    Did you validate your files? YES, steam reported that 1 file failed to validate and apparently downloaded 64kb, the problem occurred a second time after that.
    Are you using any mods? NO
    EAC on or off ? OFF

Bug Description: Console pops up with red "The requested operation caused a stack overflow". In first instance game froze and I had to force-kill, in the second instance I was able to close the console and continue play, but when I quit shortly afterwards the game froze without returning to the main menu.

Reproduce steps: Unknown. The first time this happened I was at Trader Bob in the desert, saw he had a really great item I wanted but I had no inventory space, so I quit the shop interface. This was immediately after turning in a quest, and Trader Bob said "Thanks a lot" but his voice did a kind of Max Headroom kind of stutter and sounded like "Th th tha anks a lot", the error popped up at the same time as he was speaking. In the second occurence I performed a sneak shot with a silenced 9mm on a zed in the desert, the error popped up immediately. Although the first shot didn't kill the zed and it's possible the error happened on the second shot; either way after the error occurred I was able to close the console and continue to hunt for the chicken nearby with my nailgun.

Actual result: Stack overflow

Expected result: No stack overflow.

Log file: https://pastebin.com/xt2bLFXb

Since I run the server, I was going to provide the server output log as well, but it seems none exists.

This is related to dynamic music, disabling it at the trader should make it work for you, while we fix it.
    -Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:48 PM. Reason: Removed unused portion of bug report form

Hunter
    Summary: White textures, nights too bright, and strange reflections on everything
    Version: Alpha 18 Experimental build 143
    OS/Version: Win 10
    Game mode: Single Player

Did you wipe old saves? YES (always)
    Did you start a new game? YES (ditto).
    Did you validate your files? YES, fresh download.
    Are you using any mods? YES, but issue persists if game is wiped, and reinstalled cleanly.
    EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: The issue presents itself as a glow, reflection on the surface of most items in the world, mostly noticeable with bushes at night, and cars and loot containers, they are super bright, as if glazed over with sugar, or glass, like candy apples.

The issue goes away instantly, when one fiddles with the "Reflection Quality" Setting ingame, the night suddenly becomes darker by 50%, and the reflections are actually the strength they are supposed to be.

Conclusion is that some graphic variable and parameter, is not re-loaded properly on game start, and therefore, something related to lighting and reflections, bugs out completely.

Reproduce steps: Install game, set to low or mid settings in graphics, start new game, wait for nightfall, and see white tips on the bushes. Switch the "Reflection Quality" to a different setting, and apply. Everything should then look as intended.

Expected result: Reflections of moonlight on bushes and loot, faintly, and only in the path of the actual moon light

Actual result: Reflections on every surface, as if the moon was hovering over the player at all times, reflecting on every surface overly brightly.