Thread: How to install A18 Dedi Server

Refugee

How to install A18 Dedi Server

Installing Dedicated server via SteamCMD with -beta latest_experimental downloads 17.4... how do i get the dedi server for A18?

Refugee
    Update: Purging files and running same command AGAIN produced the A18 build., not sure why it didnt work the first time.

You could add -validate to your command line. It won't get rid of A17 files, but it will make sure all A18 files exist and are current.

FWIW, I *never try to do an upgrade into an existing directory. I always wipe and install clean.

Refugee
    Have the same issue. Running app_update 294420 -validate only downloads A18, but not 18.1

Steam seems to have regional delays, so some people see a new version earlier than others. I already see people reporting bugs for b7 but my client is still on b6.

Also seeing lots of bug reports talking about FPS issues in multiplayer. Maybe TFP even stopped the update because of this.

Be happy you didn't upgrade just now.
    Last edited by meganoth; 6 Days Ago at 11:32 PM.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Steam seems to have regional delays, so some people see a new version earlier than others. I already see people reporting bugs for b7 but my client is still on b6.

Also seeing lots of bug reports talking about FPS issues in multiplayer. Maybe TFP even stopped the update because of this.

Be happy you didn't upgrade just now.
    Nah, they're working on a hotpatch, which should be released later today/tomorrow morning.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Nah, they're working on a hotpatch, which should be released later today/tomorrow morning.
    It's OK Now!
    Last edited by Azazavr; 5 Days Ago at 08:43 PM.