Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Console News

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunderhero View Post
    I know this is kind of late and maybe a bit far fetched. But would they support it if we did some sort of kickstarter? Or maybe sign a petition? I remember someone earlier posting a link for a petition or something along those lines.
    Hello.
    No way.
    They were clear on this :
    The Fun Pimps are a PC game developer and publisher…and we do not have the resources or expertise to do ports/updates to the console ... Full console ports cost into the millions of dollars
    Do you want have so much money to spend ?
    Do you have console-skilled programmers in your friend list ?

-> TFP wrote it clear, no hope from them. Period.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunderhero View Post
    I know this is kind of late and maybe a bit far fetched. But would they support it if we did some sort of kickstarter? Or maybe sign a petition? I remember someone earlier posting a link for a petition or something along those lines.
    That has been mentioned, and someone already started a petition. Just look a few posts back. Sorry cannot remember who started it, but they gave them credit in the post.

TFP have said, after PC goes gold, they might do something. Until PC goes gold or TFP change their stance, nothing is going to happen. There were pretty clear about when they started this thread.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    They will need to hire a studio like Iron Galaxy to continue the port. It will still cost millions of dollars.

There is also the major issue with bringing the console build more up-to-date with the PC version requiring all existing save games to be wiped due to compatibility issues, and the console will not allow that. (Sony and MS rules, not a technical issue.)

It's pretty clearly outlined that they want to continue supporting the console, but there's a lot of ♥♥♥♥ that needs to happen first. The outlook is unclear, but they do hope to be successful with it eventually. There are still a lot of financial and legal issues that must be resolved before this will happen.

Survivor
    I smell a little bit of BS. Because the game was released as EA or Preview status I thought the rules of breaking game saves was allowed because it was released as a preview product. Unless it actually was released as a gold product then that was interesting considering how game breaking each major alpha is there was no way to continue porting new systems or the massive overhaul. The port was not ready and should not have proceeded for a quick buck when the game still has alot of development to go. Hence why most devs wait till a game is complete to port so there is little parity between versions

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kidmo31 View Post
    I smell a little bit of BS. Because the game was released as EA or Preview status I thought the rules of breaking game saves was allowed because it was released as a preview product. Unless it actually was released as a gold product then that was interesting considering how game breaking each major alpha is there was no way to continue porting new systems or the massive overhaul. The port was not ready and should not have proceeded for a quick buck when the game still has alot of development to go. Hence why most devs wait till a game is complete to port so there is little parity between versions
    Except that Telltale chose to release it as a finished product, and not as EA or Preview.

Just another way Telltale ♥♥♥♥ed over console players.

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Except that Telltale chose to release it as a finished product, and not as EA or Preview.

Just another way Telltale ♥♥♥♥ed over console players.
    The biggest issue with 7 Days to Die, whether on PC or console, is that TFP seem to have no solid idea as to what kind of game they want to make. This thing has been in development since late 2013(Windows) and early 2014(Linux) and has seen so many iterations that it could have released each major change in mechanics as it's own individual game release.

TFP is an independent development "company" that has been working on the same game for at least 5 to 6 years, if not longer. They seem to have no set game design or idea for how the game should work mechanically, given how many times the stat system has changed. They appear to be too indecisive about what their game should be beyond the basic idea of a zombie apocalype crafting game. Or as some people have noted, Minecraft for adults.

In the end, the damage to their reputation falls squarely on TFP. No one else. They decided to sell the rights to their IP for whatever reason, money to develop their PC version does seem like the most logical reason to me since from day 1 they've stated PC was their priority. Who really knows though, besides TFP? Could be they were hoping to expand into the console market but were unaware what that would mean exactly. Since console manufacturers have actual control over what games are released/updated on their platform. Compare to the open market of PC development where there is no authoritative middle man standing between PC developers and their consumer base.

I firmly believe that while TellTale games is primarily responsible for the failure of 7 Days to Die on consoles, like 95% responsible or more, the damage to TFP's reputation is solely on them. They decided to take their IP into a market they didn't know or understand or even really care about, chose to accept the offer of a publisher known more for their interactive comic book style games for whaever reason, and made promises and platitudes they knew they could not meet. It was a combination of indecision, ignorance, and naivety that landed TFP where they are. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, TellTale going under was a major cause of the console failure. But I'm pretty sure bankruptcy wasn't their actual goal. Blame TellTale for 7DtD's console failure. But you cannot ignore TFP's part in this debacle. TellTale made poor business decisions that cost them their company. TFP made poor business decisions that harmed their reputation. And since they have only this one game as an example of their work and IP, it is all they can be judged by as a gamie developer. The "our employees have families we have to consider" argument is an attempt to justify necessary current business decisions by trying deflect valid criticism over bad business decisions made in the past.

Hopefully they learned from this, they took a risk to help fund PC development further(You're an idiot if you think it wasn't) and it did them harm. Only time will tell if it was more harm than benefit.
    Last edited by MJS101104; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:48 PM.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian9824 View Post
    Look at it thru the facts, TELLTALE sold you the broken game, not TFP who had nothing to do with the development. Telltale licensed the rights to the game and produced the version that you then bought.

Then Telltale went out of business and couldn't keep producing updates on the game.

It's like blaming a book author if a movie studio buys the rights to their movie and then makes a bad movie based off of it.
    Everyone really needs to stop acting like TFP had nothing to do with this. their name is still on the console version of the game and if telltale was ♥♥♥♥ing everyone over and not showing any improvment over the last 2 years they should have done something about all of this wayyyy before it ever even got to this point. it's ridiculous that people here actually think that TFP doesnt deserve any blame whatsoever just because they say it was all telltale's fault. honestly it feels like they just bought the rights back so no one else could make the game. either that or they were the only ones going for it because clearly they dont plan on working on it for a long time.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkzershia View Post
    ...clearly they dont plan on working on it for a long time.
    Hello.
    We have a word for this in France : "you're smashing down open doors".
    They wrote it clear and loud :
    The Fun Pimps are a PC game developer and publisher…and we do not have the resources or expertise to do ports/updates to the console ... this would likely happen after the PC version has gone gold and could end up being an entirely new product or on the next console.
    Without TTG, this bugged console version would simply never have existed.
    So choose your scapegoat for blaming :
    - TFP for being a PC only developer
    - TTG for lack of debugging an alpha version before shipping the product as "final" to consoles.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by irjvik View Post
    Hello.

- TTG for lack of debugging an alpha version before shipping the product as "final" to consoles.
    Think trying to explain to people is like talking to a brick wall. They see and read what they want to. Sometimes you have to even spell it completely out because they don't read between the lines very well either. Because it has been said by many that TFP do have blame in this to a point but that blame is that they shouldn't of sold the rights so soon from the start. After the rights was sold not much they could of done. Anyway it is like beating a dead horse the information is here so not much left to really say about it.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by irjvik View Post
    Hello.

TFP it is then for selling the rights to an unfinished game for the sole purpose of reinvesting the money into the PC version. TFP knew what they were doing and they knew they were screwing the console players noway they didnt. TFP can claim to be a "family" company but they're a business same as any other

Refugee
    I have pretty much given up on any future updates for 7DTD on Xbox, which is both disappointing and understandable. That said, I'm ready and willing to buy a console sequel as soon as one might exist.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDog View Post
    I have pretty much given up on any future updates for 7DTD on Xbox, which is both disappointing and understandable. That said, I'm ready and willing to buy a console sequel as soon as one might exist.
    Totally agree, but unfortunately we are in limbo until the PC goes gold. But I agree that is when we will hear the current version out right now is dead. I hope when it goes gold they do re-release it for next gen console, but just come clean on the current version being dead.

Or talk to us about costs, and lets talk about a kickstart run.

7D2D Scarlett Edition, coming to Xbox Two Summer 2021. If you BELIEVE it can happen, it can happen. I remain optimistic as I play A18.1.

Refugee
    Being honest. I understand tfp weren't responsible for porting or updates on console. That being said I feel as though they still have a responsibility to us console players. If not then why get the rights back just to shut console down. I'm sure they are thinking lets just sell them, make more money off console players to further their pc game again. All that being said my family has purchased four copies of this game. We own it on ps4 and xbox one. Although many people say they have issues/bugs none of my family has encountered any. I don't know how other people feel but we all love the game. Now would any of us buy dlc update...yes. To promote further updates. Would we buy a new game same title or a second version of the game no. Why would we? So everyone can just be told its not our problem or our fault again....no, I don't think so. PC players can make all the excuses from the console not being able to run the game to it was on pc first and so on. Truth of it is, the console rights selling saved and ensured the future of pc development. My advice sell your rights again, keep your console followers or lose most of them forever.
    Last edited by SourPatchBreezy; 3 Days Ago at 05:47 PM.