Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Console News

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunderhero View Post
    I know this is kind of late and maybe a bit far fetched. But would they support it if we did some sort of kickstarter? Or maybe sign a petition? I remember someone earlier posting a link for a petition or something along those lines.
    Hello.
    No way.
    They were clear on this :
    The Fun Pimps are a PC game developer and publisher…and we do not have the resources or expertise to do ports/updates to the console ... Full console ports cost into the millions of dollars
    Do you want have so much money to spend ?
    Do you have console-skilled programmers in your friend list ?

-> TFP wrote it clear, no hope from them. Period.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunderhero View Post
    I know this is kind of late and maybe a bit far fetched. But would they support it if we did some sort of kickstarter? Or maybe sign a petition? I remember someone earlier posting a link for a petition or something along those lines.
    That has been mentioned, and someone already started a petition. Just look a few posts back. Sorry cannot remember who started it, but they gave them credit in the post.

TFP have said, after PC goes gold, they might do something. Until PC goes gold or TFP change their stance, nothing is going to happen. There were pretty clear about when they started this thread.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    They will need to hire a studio like Iron Galaxy to continue the port. It will still cost millions of dollars.

There is also the major issue with bringing the console build more up-to-date with the PC version requiring all existing save games to be wiped due to compatibility issues, and the console will not allow that. (Sony and MS rules, not a technical issue.)

It's pretty clearly outlined that they want to continue supporting the console, but there's a lot of ♥♥♥♥ that needs to happen first. The outlook is unclear, but they do hope to be successful with it eventually. There are still a lot of financial and legal issues that must be resolved before this will happen.

Survivor
    I smell a little bit of BS. Because the game was released as EA or Preview status I thought the rules of breaking game saves was allowed because it was released as a preview product. Unless it actually was released as a gold product then that was interesting considering how game breaking each major alpha is there was no way to continue porting new systems or the massive overhaul. The port was not ready and should not have proceeded for a quick buck when the game still has alot of development to go. Hence why most devs wait till a game is complete to port so there is little parity between versions

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kidmo31 View Post
    I smell a little bit of BS. Because the game was released as EA or Preview status I thought the rules of breaking game saves was allowed because it was released as a preview product. Unless it actually was released as a gold product then that was interesting considering how game breaking each major alpha is there was no way to continue porting new systems or the massive overhaul. The port was not ready and should not have proceeded for a quick buck when the game still has alot of development to go. Hence why most devs wait till a game is complete to port so there is little parity between versions
    Except that Telltale chose to release it as a finished product, and not as EA or Preview.

Just another way Telltale ♥♥♥♥ed over console players.