Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Console News

Thanks for sharing this Rick and taking the high road from what I can see.

Iím glad I switched to PC, but would not have discovered this game were it not for the console version. I canít imagine how bummed folks are with this short term bleak conclusion for the port.

I hope the gaming community can move past it, 7D2D has a fantastic gold release, and one day Iíll be playing this split screen on whatever console with my wife again!

Scavenger
    I feel like I've been scammed and stolen from. i did not buy this game to help crowd fund development and get screwed in the end for it. You pass off all the blame to Telltale. Why then, if you never expected it to be able to run on consoles eventually, did sell the rights at all? Surely TFT did not sell the console rights in the expectation that the purchaser/leaser would sit on them for years until the next gen console came out. There was absolutely NOTHING on the box about this not being a full game. It's extremely dishonest at best.

The tone of the update is also patronizing, as if console customers are owed nothing and that putting out this update was a grand favor. On TFT Youtube videos the devs regularly patronizing customers "whining" about things and they come out with this whiny update with a complete lack of self-awareness.

Refugee
    Thanks for letting us know what happened. People should not be mad at TFP for what happened. People need to remember that TFP developed 7 days to die for pc not console and as a business they have to look out for that business. At least they informed everyone what happened and they got the rights back. I'm glad for them. I will continue to play 7 days to die on the PS4 but I won't go out to buy another console just for a new game. I understand people are mad but remember if you were running a business you will have to make some hard choices also. People sit back and wait something else may change its a game.

Refugee
    Glad to hear you'll got the rights back and thank you for letting us know. People need to think TFP is a computer gaming company and 7 Days to Die was made for the PC not console at first. They got the rights back so anything could happen. Just sit back and wait. Its only and game. People remember if you have a business you may have to make some hard choices that you may not want to make. The same with TFP... I will continue to play the game on the PS4 and enjoy it as always. But I won't buy another console for the new release. Maybe a PC. Thanks again TFP.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the double post

Colony Founder
    I wouldn't be buying the new console just for this game. This game would just be a bonus to get to play on the new console. Look at it that way. I mean I wouldn't spend loads of money on a PC just for one game. I didn't buy my PC for one game nor did I buy any of the consoles I have for just one game.

It isn't going to help or change anyone's mind about how they feel about the news of this. Some people will be mad, angry, disappointed, betrayed and a list of all kinds of other emotions and some will feel all the above. The game was/is still fun to play on console as it is. It does suck that the current gen will most likely not get any more attention. It would be nice to at least get the bugs worked out. But it is what it is and can understand why. The current console wasn't goin to be able to handle much more anyway and really should of never came to current gen console anyway. One can say they never would of known about but if it comes on next gen consoles one would of heard about it then. The next gen console will be able to handle this game not just bits and pieces of it. But anyway it did come out and still had/have fun playing with friends from time to time. Got a lot of play time in it so I got my money worth out of the console version even if it is what it is. So as for me personally can't really complain much. But I reallly do hope the next gen consoles gets a new release after PC goes gold. I like playing PC but I also enjoy laying in bed laying down playing and not sitting in a chair whenever I wanna play. So I would be happy to be able to play the same version 2 different ways.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    .....Which quite honestly is what should have happened in the first place, but Telltale wanted to do differently.

If TellTale were capable of making better business decisions on stuff like this, they likely wouldn't be gone now. Also the console version wouldn't exist yet.
    lol, telltale wanted to do differently?

are we supposed to believe telltale was calling the shots at TFP's

this is getting ridiculous, I know you really, really dont want to accept the TFP's role in this mess but you're not fooling anyone but yourself.

no one forced TFP's to do anything, if the game wasnt ready for port, why was it ported? TT couldn't have moved ahead without TFP's consent and of course a contract.

so, in reality (and I know this is gonna hurt but the truth will set you free) if TFP's were capable of making better business decisions on stuff like this, they likely wouldn't of had to just spend a bunch of money and time to get the rights back to a game that never should have been contracted out in the first place.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty View Post

this is getting ridiculous, I know you really, really dont want to accept the TFP's role in this mess but you're not fooling anyone but yourself.

no one forced TFP's to do anything, if the game wasnt ready for port, why was it ported? TT couldn't have moved ahead without TFP's consent and of course a contract.

so, in reality (and I know this is gonna hurt but the truth will set you free) if TFP's were capable of making better business decisions on stuff like this, they likely wouldn't of had to just spend a bunch of money and time to get the rights back to a game that never should have been contracted out in the first place.
    The reality is that TellTale approached TFP wanting to do a console port. Yes, TFP gave consent. However TellTale games are who decided to sell it off as a finished product.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty View Post

The reality is that TellTale approached TFP wanting to do a console port. Yes, TFP gave consent. However TellTale games are who decided to sell it off as a finished product.
    Yeah TFP didn't have to sell the rights that is true but they sold the rights because they had reasons at the time to have a different idea that would come from it. Not one person not one would think oh this company is going bankrupt in a few years so no we better not sell to them. So yes they sold the rights but once they did TT didn't have to ask for anything and could of chose to not to do one update at all if they wanted to stop when it released. Nothing TFP could of done about it. Think some people think that TFP made all the decisions for console when all they did was sell the rights. They made it clear they when they sold the rights they didn't have time to do PC and console and that the game going to console would not effect moving forward for PC at all.

Refugee
    This is good news and as an avid player on console I will continue to support the fun pimps in any way. I woud be willing to lose my saved games for a worth while update. I would even be willing to pay for an updated version as well. 7 days to die is by far the best craft building survival game of all time and I have played them all. Looking forward to what the future brings.

Refugee
    Thank you TFP, I bought this game many moons ago and have gotten a ton of fun out of it and caused many of my friends to buy it as well. It has honestly been one of the best game investments for me ever. I appreciate that y'all have the rights and hope you get back your investments a thousand fold. When I heard news about the announcement of course I had hoped for better but feared for worse. Realistically I understand your decisions and while I agree with others regarding a desire for DLC, if not I will still be satisfied for a new game in the future. Thank you for updating us after going through the attorneys and tons of paper work and giving us a heads up.

Refugee
    This news while not very informative and seemingly sad is still good. At least they are finally giving us an update on a console version but I still say this fun pimps even if you port the newest Alpha to the console I will still buy three copies just like I have now to play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeden View Post
    Why then, if you never expected it to be able to run on consoles eventually, did sell the rights at all?
    Huh? Naturally they expected the game to run on consoles, especially after Telltale made them the offer to handle console things.

Telltale offered them a way to have a console version much earlier and they accepted. Otherwise they would have thought about a console version only after 7D2D leaves EA (which now seems to be in 2020 or 2021(?)). Obviously (without telltale) they would never ever have done a version for the current consoles but for the next ones that would be the current by then.

---

PS: In hindsight everything is clear as sky, but not so at the time. Is TFP to blame for not realizing that licencing a game in EA is a risk? Because TFP naturally would not fix all the minor bugs at that time but neither would Telltale pay for all the necessary bug fixing, at least not before seeing some sales. Sure you can blame them for that, someone with experience in the bussiness might have been able to see that.

But look at it, it still would have worked out well if Telltale hadn't folded and produced that update.
    Last edited by meganoth; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:40 PM.

Refugee
    Look at it this way. They're dedicated to continuing work on it, but are more likely to wait until after the PC version is finished. Which quite honestly is what should have happened in the first place, but Telltale wanted to do differently.

If TellTale were capable of making better business decisions on stuff like this, they likely wouldn't be gone now. Also the console version wouldn't exist yet.
    I'd rather look at it through factual eyes and not your rose colored glasses. They are dedicated to working on it if/when the game on pc goes gold. We won't get an update in all likelihood. This means I am still left with a game miles behind PC that crashes often and resets huge chunks causing me to lose sometimes a few hundred hours of work (when it hits my storage room). In all honesty, I wish they would have never made the console version tempting me with a game I had been following since the kickstarter days in hopes of eventually getting to enjoy it on console with friends. Iv enjoyed my time playing but seeing the game on sale made me think maybe we would finally get an update to fix the catastrophic md5 errors but nope. It's on sale on xbox to lure in new people so that TFP can recoup their costs but is still the severely broken game and officially we just got word that no fix is coming. I bought the game day 1 with 3 friends. Release day, using certain skins would break a world and I should have known that it would be a rough road but I never thought it would end like this. Hell even Kerbal got their ♥♥♥♥ together after a year and fixed their severely broken game on console. But at least we finally got word so its something...

Quote Originally Posted by DaPopeLP View Post
    I'd rather look at it through factual eyes and not your rose colored glasses. They are dedicated to working on it if/when the game on pc goes gold. We won't get an update in all likelihood. This means I am still left with a game miles behind PC that crashes often and resets huge chunks causing me to lose sometimes a few hundred hours of work (when it hits my storage room). In all honesty, I wish they would have never made the console version tempting me with a game I had been following since the kickstarter days in hopes of eventually getting to enjoy it on console with friends. Iv enjoyed my time playing but seeing the game on sale made me think maybe we would finally get an update to fix the catastrophic md5 errors but nope. It's on sale on xbox to lure in new people so that TFP can recoup their costs but is still the severely broken game and officially we just got word that no fix is coming. I bought the game day 1 with 3 friends. Release day, using certain skins would break a world and I should have known that it would be a rough road but I never thought it would end like this. Hell even Kerbal got their ♥♥♥♥ together after a year and fixed their severely broken game on console. But at least we finally got word so its something...
    Look at it thru the facts, TELLTALE sold you the broken game, not TFP who had nothing to do with the development. Telltale licensed the rights to the game and produced the version that you then bought.

Then Telltale went out of business and couldn't keep producing updates on the game.

It's like blaming a book author if a movie studio buys the rights to their movie and then makes a bad movie based off of it.

Refugee
    So ok, let's say 7DtD is finally "dead" on console and you are be able to release a new "version", this is good to hear but in my opinion "stupid". Don't quote me on "stupid" bcause i don't call someone names There are maybe thousands of people, waiting to become finally a new update to start playing again. 10.000 on weekend mean nothing if we can get constant updates. If 7DtD is dead on ps4, i can guarantee that i wont buy it again if it would new released on "ps5". Its good to hear that TFP have their rights back, but TFP must work hard to survive on console. Thats just my thoughts so dont get angry