Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 142

Thread: Console News

  1. #46
    Tracker Jimmy the Tulip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by skillz_over_9000 View Post
    Well it is true because whatever they spent to get the rights back they can recoup in future sales,
    ...potenital sales. There's no guarantee that potential future sales would recoup what they paid to regain the rights, there's only hope, and you cannot run a business on hope.

    Quote Originally Posted by skillz_over_9000 View Post
    they can recoup when the inevitably sell the rights to the next publisher. Dont think for a second TFP isnt going to make money on this i mean really why else would they even want the rights back in the first place?
    ...there's nothing inevitable about what you're stating. Again, this is an assumption that someone else will want to pick up the rights. It's a gamble and, in business, you simply cannot do that when you are responsible for your staff. TFP isn't just an amorphous beast pumping out a video game. It's people, with families, mortgages, children, responsibilities. To run a risk like this and possibly end up going the same way that TT did is totally reckless.


    Quote Originally Posted by skillz_over_9000 View Post
    That money could have went to help with coding issues, could have helped with the transition to the new unity system etc. Sure they "lose" profit but again they could earn more potentially if they developed and fixed the issues still plaguing the system now.
    ...just as above, you'd be gambling a definite loss of profit against a possible upswing in sales. I feel sure that those in control of TFP did a P&L analysis against potential sales revenue. When you're dealing with intangible aspects like revenue potential you have to be very, very careful. Most of the time it's simply not worth it.


    Quote Originally Posted by skillz_over_9000 View Post
    Instead they pocketed whatever they got from the sales and again stuck it into the pc version.
    ...actually, I hope they did. That would make the most business sense. The PC version is their flagship product, it's where it all started. When you have a successful flagship product you support it as best you can. That is far smarter than any other option they had and will ensure that TFP stays around.


    Quote Originally Posted by skillz_over_9000 View Post
    Now you are right they acted as "advisers" but in all reality there is no real reason they couldn't have done more other than they didn't want to. Had there been a better relationship between TFP, TT and IG i'd imagine things would have been done quicker and perhaps have been completed by now
    ...I doubt that TFP kept people around simply to help TT and IG on the odd occassion they needed it. Again, they run a business. In business each person has a full-time role and, in the case of TFP, those roles would have centred around development of the PC product. That was what they were there for and the console version is what TT and IG were there for. When you enter into a business partnership with someone you expect them to be able to do the job they said they would. TFP had to trust that TT and IG could pick up the 7DtD code and run with it without distracting TFP from their primary goal, the PC product. That's business. You must be able to rely on your partners and that is the greatest area that TT let TFP down.

    Skillz, I get your upset and you want someone to blame. That's perfectly natural. The long and the short of it is, TFP did their job and expected TT to do theirs. That's all that TFP can be blamed for here.

    I really think this thread needs to be closed. All it's doing, like the last one, is creating animosity between those with differing opinions. The decision has been made and we have to learn to live with it until the day that TFP says they have a new console project on the go. Bickering won't change anything.

  2. #47
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,688
    Rep Power
    1
    Agree I don't think much more can be said on the matter then the two post before this one. It will just be going back and forth because one side feels one way as another feels a another way and some just in the middle. I mean what is done is done and like it was said they technically haven't said they are finish with console. Either way if new news come I bet it will be in a new thread anyway. So before this get pages and pages out of control like the last one, I agee go ahead and close this and let them take a conversation over to general discussions like before.

  3. #48
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Tulip View Post
    ...potenital sales. There's no guarantee that potential future sales would recoup what they paid to regain the rights, there's only hope, and you cannot run a business on hope.


    ...there's nothing inevitable about what you're stating. Again, this is an assumption that someone else will want to pick up the rights. It's a gamble and, in business, you simply cannot do that when you are responsible for your staff. TFP isn't just an amorphous beast pumping out a video game. It's people, with families, mortgages, children, responsibilities. To run a risk like this and possibly end up going the same way that TT did is totally reckless.



    ...just as above, you'd be gambling a definite loss of profit against a possible upswing in sales. I feel sure that those in control of TFP did a P&L analysis against potential sales revenue. When you're dealing with intangible aspects like revenue potential you have to be very, very careful. Most of the time it's simply not worth it.



    ...actually, I hope they did. That would make the most business sense. The PC version is their flagship product, it's where it all started. When you have a successful flagship product you support it as best you can. That is far smarter than any other option they had and will ensure that TFP stays around.



    ...I doubt that TFP kept people around simply to help TT and IG on the odd occassion they needed it. Again, they run a business. In business each person has a full-time role and, in the case of TFP, those roles would have centred around development of the PC product. That was what they were there for and the console version is what TT and IG were there for. When you enter into a business partnership with someone you expect them to be able to do the job they said they would. TFP had to trust that TT and IG could pick up the 7DtD code and run with it without distracting TFP from their primary goal, the PC product. That's business. You must be able to rely on your partners and that is the greatest area that TT let TFP down.

    Skillz, I get your upset and you want someone to blame. That's perfectly natural. The long and the short of it is, TFP did their job and expected TT to do theirs. That's all that TFP can be blamed for here.

    I really think this thread needs to be closed. All it's doing, like the last one, is creating animosity between those with differing opinions. The decision has been made and we have to learn to live with it until the day that TFP says they have a new console project on the go. Bickering won't change anything.
    The end problem is TFP started all of this its just a fact and its simply isnt fair to blame TT for everything over the past few years. This isn't a new issue the lack of support, details along the way or even appreciation for console players has been happening since day 1. TT worked on an unfinished game that had no direction and really never should have been ported in the first place. TFP saw a opportunity to make money, an opportunity to develop their version of the game and they took it. As you say these are real people who made these choices and real people who chose to screw the console players. Its unacceptable years later major bug fixes havent been handled i mean content aside they at minimum should have done bug fixes.

    And yes i and many players are very upset about the situation, about TFP getting the rights back etc. Why shouldnt we be? TFP who have for years told us simply to go buy their version of the game are now swooping in with a "well maybe we'll help you but probably not anytime soon at best". I mean this is nearly worse case scenario only slightly above finding out the rights were sold elsewhere....on the other hand if another studio bought it work would probably get done faster so perhaps this is the worst case possible

  4. #49
    Leader Laz Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,487
    Rep Power
    1
    Being realistic here, the only chance that the last update being worked on gets finished is if another publisher came along willing to work with IG. But even then, that's assuming TFPs didnt learn anything from this TT debacle....

    Based on their response, my guess is they probably concluded doing another port is probably not worth it until after gold release.

    Condolences to all those who feel cheated and I commend those who choose to take the high road on the matter.

  5. #50
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post

    You guys seem to forget that they are still working on solving this issue. You're all treating it as if TFP said it's the end, for which they most certainly did not.
    ROTFLMAO. This is too funny. While I would agree their statement said they were still “working on this issue” They did preface it by saying that they were going to have PC go gold first.
    So Sylen, when is PC going to go gold???

    From TFP videos I don’t think they even know when that is going to happen. So while they didn’t say it was the end, which I wish they would have said. It is pretty clear that there isn’t going to be a final update for the current version of console.

    Let’s look at the straight up facts. The revenue generated by TFP releasing their version of 7D2D for console will generate X times the revenue that an update would generate for the TTG version of 7D2D for console that TFP now own.

    So sorry, I am calling BS that they are still working on solving the TTG console version update. I think we can both agree that “still working on this issue” is lip service. PS5 is suppose to be out holiday 2020, and I bet money I will be able to buy the “new” version of 7D2D when I buy the PS5.

    8-2-2019 RIP.

  6. #51
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,688
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    ROTFLMAO. This is too funny. While I would agree their statement said they were still “working on this issue” They did preface it by saying that they were going to have PC go gold first.
    So Sylen, when is PC going to go gold???

    From TFP videos I don’t think they even know when that is going to happen. So while they didn’t say it was the end, which I wish they would have said. It is pretty clear that there isn’t going to be a final update for the current version of console.

    Let’s look at the straight up facts. The revenue generated by TFP releasing their version of 7D2D for console will generate X times the revenue that an update would generate for the TTG version of 7D2D for console that TFP now own.

    So sorry, I am calling BS that they are still working on solving the TTG console version update. I think we can both agree that “still working on this issue” is lip service. PS5 is suppose to be out holiday 2020, and I bet money I will be able to buy the “new” version of 7D2D when I buy the PS5.

    8-2-2019 RIP.
    It will probably be at least 2021 but most likely 2022 before this game hits the new consoles. I feel I know what you meant but the way it is worded I doubt you will be able to buy it in 2020 when ps5 is out.

  7. #52
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    It will probably be at least 2021 but most likely 2022 before this game hits the new consoles. I feel I know what you meant but the way it is worded I doubt you will be able to buy it in 2020 when ps5 is out.
    You might be right, but I am sticking by the 2020 PS 5 release. That will be the revenue stream that helps finish up PC going gold. I seriously doubt they will spend another dime to do anything for the TTG version they now own. Seems to me right now they could be working on the new unity engine and the hardware specs for the PS 5 for their version of 7D2D. That would give them at least a full year to get it ready for holiday 2020.

    Since we don’t see a balance sheet from TFP, I can only assume things. At some point they will need more money and it is pretty obvious that console would be an easy new revenue stream with a new release vs a free update.

  8. #53
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    RWG, Iowa
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    0
    Im just happy i saved a bunch of money by switching to GEICO._.

  9. #54
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,688
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    You might be right, but I am sticking by the 2020 PS 5 release. That will be the revenue stream that helps finish up PC going gold. I seriously doubt they will spend another dime to do anything for the TTG version they now own. Seems to me right now they could be working on the new unity engine and the hardware specs for the PS 5 for their version of 7D2D. That would give them at least a full year to get it ready for holiday 2020.

    Since we don’t see a balance sheet from TFP, I can only assume things. At some point they will need more money and it is pretty obvious that console would be an easy new revenue stream with a new release vs a free update.
    Yeah, just goin by what was said and that always changes day by day so kinda meh lol. But based on what I seen last they still have A19 then maybe A20 will start beta if not then A20 could be last alpha. That is just beta not gold but they could possibly do a beta for console but again meh who knows. Based on around how long it takes them to do alpha to alpha I doubt they will be gold by Dec. 2020.

    In my predection I see in the ballpark of 3Q of 2021-2Q of 2022. But that is just my personal opinion and predection so please take it lightly as far as money goes sure they will eventually need to wrap it up if they want to see a profit and to be able to have money to start another game with. Maybe next game they can have a more along the way in development on it before they release the alpha as this one was like from scratch for the most part. But I'm sure they got all that figured out and I can't say for sure how much money they have made but PC has sold millions of copies and they keep selling each alpha so I'm sure they are comfortable right now.

  10. #55
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    Yeah, just goin by what was said and that always changes day by day so kinda meh lol. But based on what I seen last they still have A19 then maybe A20 will start beta if not then A20 could be last alpha. That is just beta not gold but they could possibly do a beta for console but again meh who knows. Based on around how long it takes them to do alpha to alpha I doubt they will be gold by Dec. 2020.

    In my predection I see in the ballpark of 3Q of 2021-2Q of 2022. But that is just my personal opinion and predection so please take it lightly as far as money goes sure they will eventually need to wrap it up if they want to see a profit and to be able to have money to start another game with. Maybe next game they can have a more along the way in development on it before they release the alpha as this one was like from scratch for the most part. But I'm sure they got all that figured out and I can't say for sure how much money they have made but PC has sold millions of copies and they keep selling each alpha so I'm sure they are comfortable right now.
    That is why I thought Sylen’s comment about them still working on it was funny. I don’t think TFP know when they will be finished with the PC version. Telling us they might do something after PC goes gold when TFP don’t even know when that is, is like I said lip-service.

    When they said they had zero experience in console I was hoping they would say the current version is done. But no, now we are back with that same sliver of hope that maybe, just maybe sometime in the future they might go back and finish that almost complete really cool update for console. So we wait, still sticking with 8-2-2019 RIP, and now adding 7 Days to die 2 pre-order for Holiday 2020.

  11. #56
    Inventor Outlaw_187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Navezgane, Ohio
    Posts
    889
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrift25 View Post
    Alright guys, this is kinda just for fun but i want to show these guys it would be worth it to do something. It only takes a second to sign and if we are lucky they will see that there is more money than they think is sitting right in front of their faces =).

    https://www.change.org/p/the-fun-pim...share_petition
    Just wanna bring this back up. Hope everyone signed it. Probably a moot point but hey, worth a shot. Good idea darkrift25

  12. #57
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    I swear you guys would complain if they said they would be releasing the update TT was working on tomorrow... Their announcement was good news. its alot better news than them not even giving it a shot to continue. they have essentially said that it would be updated, they just need to take care of their primary version first. TT did screw them over with all the hate and speculation caused the sudden news.

  13. #58
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    This... This is just heart breaking.. My husband and I have stood by you guys from day one of this storm. Having hope in the end it would turn out ok.. the hours we spent play on PC until we lost them. The day it was announced on console was literally amazing. We spent years and hours loving it.. knowing eventually it would be fixed not caring it was broken because we had faith in it and you guys. Saving it for a next gen console isn't good enough. How about you at least try to fix it for the people who have been there for this game since the beginning. Even if it's not updating us to PC at least fixing the bugs or the crashing. Just to show us that you still care about the game in all it's versions. It's still 7 Day to Die no matter the platform. It's still YOUR GAME. Don't give up on us because we haven't given up on you.

  14. #59
    Inventor Outlaw_187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Navezgane, Ohio
    Posts
    889
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittenofdoom18 View Post
    This... This is just heart breaking.. My husband and I have stood by you guys from day one of this storm. Having hope in the end it would turn out ok.. the hours we spent play on PC until we lost them. The day it was announced on console was literally amazing. We spent years and hours loving it.. knowing eventually it would be fixed not caring it was broken because we had faith in it and you guys. Saving it for a next gen console isn't good enough. How about you at least try to fix it for the people who have been there for this game since the beginning. Even if it's not updating us to PC at least fixing the bugs or the crashing. Just to show us that you still care about the game in all it's versions. It's still 7 Day to Die no matter the platform. It's still YOUR GAME. Don't give up on us because we haven't given up on you.
    Well said sister. Hopefully they will. I'm with you, been here since day one on console. Never got to experience the pc version. I'd love to, just cant see updating to a gaming pc just for this game.
    I'm still one of the suckers holding out hope they won't abandon the console project, especially for the sake of xbox players.

  15. #60
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Provence, France
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1
    Hello.
    Greetings from France, so please excuse me formy bad English.

    Well said. Very emotional post and nice to read.
    Tu put it realistically and in a very crude way :
    The Fun Pimps are a PC game developer and publisher…and we do not have the resources or expertise to do ports/updates to the console, so we licensed the console publishing rights to Telltale Games who hired Iron Galaxy who have done the ports with minimal TFP assistance.
    In short TFP is waiting for a publisher approaching them saying "Hello. I'm ready to publish your game on console, I will support all costs, and give you a x% fee on each sale, you just have to give me the source code" as TellTales did.
    TFP made it clear : they dont't have the cash nor the programmers to support console version.

    So unless there is a publisher interested with a 3-year old game, nothing will change.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •