Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Can we please stop tripple gating Things?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    While the tone of the OP was uncalled for - this being experimental and all where perfection is not expected - the point is valid. I fixed that.
    Fixed what? The recipe for exploding arrows?

If so at least IMO should look into the recipe for the M60 instead as it seems kinda unbalanced that I can scrap AK's which are common to make M60 which is far more rare.

No plans to touch that again.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    I fixed that.
    What did you fix? I'm confused.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleus24 View Post
    What did you fix? I'm confused.
    Exploding arrows / crossbow bolts require AP steel arrows / AP steel crossbow bolts.

To unlock the exploding arrows / crossbow bolts you need a certain book but you also need another book to unlock the AP steel arrows / AP steel crossbow bolts. So without the book for AP steel arrows / AP steel crossbow bolts the book for exploding arrows / crossbow bolts has no use.

I assume Gazz replaced the AP steel arrows / AP crossbow bolts with steel arrows / steel crossbow bolts. You can spec into steel so no second book necessary.

Ranger
    I think the pacing feels generally okay right now, but with the focus on specialization (which I'm iffy with anyways in SP) I think it's important to ensure ways of getting specific late game items instead of just relying on RNG. I've never particularly enjoyed how I often got stuck without beakers well into late game before A18, and it looks like there's more stuff now that you can need/want but never get. If it happens to be something you specialized towards, that's just not Fun. Even if you can technically work around it.

Re-specializing with the Forgettin' Elixir is a nice option in general, but having to use that to specialize around the loot you got feels a little backwards to me.

Maybe the loot just needs some balancing for late game items such as tier 3 parts, or it could be added into special chests for high risk locations. But that would require high risk locations that always scale for late game.

Survivor
    For the most part I'm ok with the parts system, however, steel parts for steel tools is a little off. I have 3 traders I've been visiting regularly and yet to see any steel tool parts. However I have a t5 steel fire axe, and my brother has a t5 steel pick that we have found. I have scrapped out 12 total steel tool parts, so I can almost make another one.

I would suggest that all steel hand held implements, (sledgehammers, machetes, picks, axes, spears, wrenches) give some steel tool parts, as we are using a forge to get steel bars, I would assume the "head" or "blade" would be considered forged, and these would be auxiliary parts. Would make it a little less cluttered and more user friendly.

Tracker
    Yeah the gated system is lame. I really don't understand how the devs can mess the stats so much when they are doing so good work in areas such as new weapons , graphics and AI.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowprime View Post
    Yeah the gated system is lame. I really don't understand how the devs can mess the stats so much when they are doing so good work in areas such as new weapons , graphics and AI.
    Different teams work on different things.

Also
    b152 update....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hated View Post
    Changed:
    • Steel arrows/bolts are crafted from polymer, not wood

Fixed:
    • Exploding/Flaming arrows/bolts are double gated by books

Refugee
    Everyone saying that tripple/double gating items is a good thing obviously plays PVP. NO PVE player ever once complained about them or others having high powered anything. THIS ISN'T RUST!

Best bet now is take lucky looter ASAP, and spec perks around the best gear you find and play with that.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by ApocNizmith View Post
    ... THIS ISN'T RUST!...
    This isn't Rust, yet.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by ApocNizmith View Post
    Everyone saying that tripple/double gating items is a good thing obviously plays PVP. NO PVE player ever once complained about them or others having high powered anything. THIS ISN'T RUST!

Best bet now is take lucky looter ASAP, and spec perks around the best gear you find and play with that.
    Yep, everyone should essentially play rifle characters now, junk all the other weapons, because looting is king, and to be the best looter, it's all perception builds.