Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to make the game still exciting after you became a "god"?

Some good ideas, OP. A lot of us have been saying the same things for a long time now. A continual motivation and need that can somehow recycle with repeated pressure is what the end-game needs. I just burn out too quickly on this game due to how immediate end-game becomes. I'm just holding on to the hope bandits will make end-game better. Until then, keep on em'!

Colony Founder
    Turn up the bloodmoons to every day. That should give plenty to do once you are established.

Refugee
    As i mentioned before, my problem is not the difficulty. Waiting for harder hordes is boring, i want to do something that needs a lot of effort and have some global effect on the world itself. Like reclaiming a town, pimping up the trader, find something that is really rare or hard to craft.
    I mean it's fun to kill hordes every night but really that's all that this game can give? It have a really great potential and about 5% of it is in the current gameplay.
    Last edited by hunluki; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:04 PM.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by hunluki View Post
    As i mentioned before, my problem is not the difficulty. Waiting for harder hordes is boring, i want to do something that needs a lot of effort and have some global effect on the world itself. Like reclaiming a town, pimping up the trader, find something that is really rare or hard to craft.
    I mean it's fun to kill hordes every night but really that's all that this game can give? It have a really great potential and about 5% of it was the current gameplay.
    Fair enough and a good point.

It sounds to me like you should be exploring mods and/or creating them.
    I havenít made any mods yet, but when I have burned out in the past, I started building my own POIs using the in-game editor and polishing them up in the tool thatís available in the mods section (itís really good btw). When that gets old, I work on custom maps. Someday I hope complete a mod that goes well with those POIs and maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kattla View Post
    Aye, like 20 more guns.
    to be fair... more guns was like one of the most desired features on the list for quite a while... between A12 and 15 everyone was talking abut it... and I do like the nades... gives it a more military feel

but yea... get your point...
    Players:
    "We want endgame content, more quests, npcs and a better progression system!"
    TFPs:
    "Look at this cute mountain lion. It has a brand new leap ability!"
    Players:
    "But spider zombies already..."
    TFPs:
    "A BRAND NEW LEAP ABILITY!!!"

:'D

Refugee
    Good point, but I don't have time to make mods
    But who knows, maybe some day I jump into it when I bacame tired of TFPs:
    "A BRAND NEW LEAP ABILITY!!!" mentality

Refugee
    I'd honestly rather better replayability than end-game stuff. Give me more reasons to start over whether it's map diversity, build diversity, increasing challenge, etc. Games that focus on end-game content are boring/grindy and it usually trivializes the rest of the game so that end-game is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
    Give me more reasons to start over whether it's map diversity, build diversity, increasing challenge, etc. Games that focus on end-game content are boring/grindy and it usually trivializes the rest of the game so that end-game is all that matters.
    A dynamic colony and NPCs that you actually need to defend. That's the ticket.

-Morloc