Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55

Thread: Neighbours Trying To Claim My Cats

  1. #1
    Colony Founder LimeyRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    In The Festering, Disease-Ridden Bowels Of South-East London
    Posts
    1,943
    Rep Power
    1

    Angry Neighbours Trying To Claim My Cats

    WTF??? We've had the older female for about 3 months and the kitten for about 10 weeks or a bit longer (mother and baby). All of a sudden, there's some trailer trash bitch hanging out of her window, shouting at us that we stole her cats. There's another cat who's been coming around since last year and it turns out that he's theirs, but there's no way the 2 girls belong to them. The male cat has been chipped to us and neutered, which they haven't even noticed. He was a mess when he started coming around and now he looks healthy.

    The mother turned up one day and never left, then a while later she brought her baby around. These people haven't made any effort to look for "their" cats in the supposed 2 months they've been missing. They referred to the mother as "he" so I know they're B.S.ing on that one, plus they're claiming the baby and at the time they went "missing", she would have still been in the place where she was born as she would have only been a couple of weeks old, most likely under my neighbour's shed. We're friends with this particular neighbour so there's no issue there. If the kitten was indeed theirs, how the hell could they let her out of the house at 2 weeks old?

    I don't know what to do. I'm totally freaking out and I've been camped out in my back garden for hours in case they try to steal the cats. We've had 3 or 4 people hanging over the back fence, swearing at us and making vague death threats. I don't wanna get the police involved for 2 reasons. Firstly, you don't do that around here or you earn yourself a certain reputation, making you a target for scum. Secondly, we've accidentally stolen the male cat who we genuinely believed to be a stray. We only see him a few times a week so it's not like he's here all the time. My worry is that we may have taken in the mother by mistake too. I doubt it, but it's right there in the back of my mind.

    These people have seen the cats in our garden for weeks and this evening they decide to say something? Seems suspicious to me and they're very rude about it. I should point out that these little ♥♥♥♥s are only about 12-14 years old and a shining example of what's wrong with today's youth. The mother hung out of the window about an hour and a half ago, telling us to stop interfering with her cats. She had a little rant and threatened to report us but that's the last we've heard of it so far. I've managed to get the cats indoors and they'll be staying in overnight and until I can figure something out.

    I really don't know what to do. These people are scum, pure and simple. I've heard the mother shouting her mouth off before and I'm pretty sure she's up all night smoking crack or something. Even if we get the authorities involved and they come down on our side, we're still gonna be at war with these people. They won't talk calmly about it and seem intent on just shouting and then leaving. Are they trying to steal our cats? The kitten is adorable and anyone would want her. When we actually got to speak, we asked them what the cats' names were and I got the feeling that they just made them up on the spot. They didn't sound convincing in the slightest. They were being pretty vague on all of the details and mouthing off in an effort to change the subject.

    I'm a calm, quiet person but I've got certain issues and when I'm pushed past a certain point, I explode. This is one of the reasons I've barely left the house in 6 years. I wouldn't say I have an anger problem but I bottle up so much that when it comes out, it all comes out at once and I go way too far. The last time this happened I was throwing headbutts around. I don't know what my options are but if these people come into my garden to steal my cats, they're gonna regret it, and so will I.

    I really need some advice on this please guys. I know there are some cat people here. Someone must have had some experience with this type of thing...

  2. #2
    Gray Thematic Gipothegip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    wherever, whenever
    Posts
    2,554
    Rep Power
    1
    I'm sorry to hear that. I once had a dog my parents got at the pound, then one day, years later and after moving, this lady claims it's hers. She was nice about it though, in fact she said we could keep the dog and even got dog treats. Then, one day, the dog was gone and we never heard of her again.

    Unfortunately, I'm not sure what to do in your situation. I guess keep the cats in the house or something. I find these days it's hard to deal with children, especially when they're spoiled, immature, and backed by their parents. Where I live there's this one scum bag who pointed a gun at someone and demanded money for pot, now he's in prison, but friends and family are banding together to free him. He's 16 too, so you know he knew what he was doing.

  3. #3
    Community Moderator xiiMaRcLeoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,341
    Rep Power
    1
    Death threats. Holy, what's wrong with these people?. These poor cats I hope you can keep them.
    You're lucky that you were so calm, I don't have a very long temper and get angry very fast, all of these people would already got a few slap by me.
    Don't you have marks on your cats these collars or a photo of every cat you have with their names on that would help.

  4. #4
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    0
    Just move. Sounds like the place your in is a sh*t hole.

  5. #5
    Colony Founder LimeyRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    In The Festering, Disease-Ridden Bowels Of South-East London
    Posts
    1,943
    Rep Power
    1
    I can't keep them in the house forever, as much as I'd love to. I really wish I could but it's just not an option.

    All of our cats are registered to us and are chipped, so we have the paperwork and electronic records. Unfortunately, I doubt this would stop them from stealing our cats. It's quite easy to get into our garden

    I've been trying to get my family to move for years, for various reasons but it's not an option as they don't want to. They're settled here and there's no way I can change their minds. The area is mostly alright but no matter what an area is like, there will always be people like this, ready to cause problems.

    Life really sucks sometimes. I've spent years getting over some really bad stuff and this has come along at exactly the wrong moment.

  6. #6
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    0
    If the family refuses to move then be prepared to face the consequences.

    If she's smoking crack, then just burn her house down when she's high. She sounds like human waste, so you'd be doing the world a favor.

  7. #7
    Colony Founder LimeyRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    In The Festering, Disease-Ridden Bowels Of South-East London
    Posts
    1,943
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfAlpha View Post
    If the family refuses to move then be prepared to face the consequences.

    If she's smoking crack, then just burn her house down when she's high. She sounds like human waste, so you'd be doing the world a favor.
    I was in a situation like this before but it was worse because the bitch was living right next to us. I spent hours at a time contemplating the best ways to "get rid of her". I'm just starting to get back on my feet and the prospect of spending the rest of my life in prison is keeping me from doing anything stupid.

  8. #8
    Inventor Martial-Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    1
    They are probably already known to the police because of similar instances mate. I know that don't help none cause the "Babylon" can be just as bad :<

    CrAcK sounds like a good explanation but wouldn't rule out SmAcK... Scumbags yes. They could also be "care in the community" without the doctors evaluation. AKA - Stupid

    There's no easy way out here. All routes will involve some form of conflict.

    In my experience, when people bark like dogs, you have to bark louder.
    Make yourself out to be just as "crazy". They might think your not worth the agro?

    Failing that, line in the sand moment... Fight or flight.

    You could rely on the rozzers but you will need to generate the evidence for a case. Could take time.

    Feel for you mate! ♥♥♥♥ing hate scumbags and scally wags

  9. #9
    Inventor Martial-Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeyRon View Post
    I spent hours at a time contemplating the best ways to "get rid of her".
    I've "Bought the T-Shirt" with these thoughts too.

    A simple "killing" is not nearly enough and very short lived.

    I would choose a more malicous route. I woud take steps towards financially ruining them and then get them sent to the "big house".
    I would string their lesson out for as long as possible...

    I might even repeat the procedure a year or so after probation. Let them think they are getting their life back in order then get them sent down again.


    It's best that I don't divulge how I would do that though...

  10. #10
    Colony Founder LimeyRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    In The Festering, Disease-Ridden Bowels Of South-East London
    Posts
    1,943
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Martial-Law View Post
    Make yourself out to be just as "crazy". They might think your not worth the agro?
    Would not be a difficult thing to do. I have the official letters to prove it

    That said, it could easily turn into some big, nasty incident where someone gets shot. Someone get's murdered within about half a mile of me at least once a year. On several occasions, it's happened within a few hundred yards. These are not people you mess with unless you're willing to go all the way as you never know who you're dealing with.

    If I was in the US, I'd let them enter my garden to steal my cats, then I'd shoot them for trespassing, but I'm stuck in this pansy-arsed country where you're supposed to let scum walk all over you because they actually have rights...
    Remember when they told us that we couldn't confront a burglar? People were getting taken to court by burglars because they got hurt while trying to rob them. Thankfully, that was reversed a while back. I don't know where we stand today because I'm way behind on current events.

    Quote Originally Posted by Martial-Law View Post
    I've "Bought the T-Shirt" with these thoughts too.

    A simple "killing" is not nearly enough and very short lived.

    I would choose a more malicous route. I woud take steps towards financially ruining them and then get them sent to the "big house".
    I would string their lesson out for as long as possible...

    I might even repeat the procedure a year or so after probation. Let them think they are getting their life back in order then get them sent down again.


    It's best that I don't divulge how I would do that though...
    You evil, evil bastardo I like it

  11. #11
    Inventor Martial-Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    1
    and another TOP TIP bro...

    Slap don't punch. Leaves less evidence ;>

    To be beaten to the ground by a slap, hurts their pride in ways that a punch doesn't.

  12. #12
    Colony Founder LimeyRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    In The Festering, Disease-Ridden Bowels Of South-East London
    Posts
    1,943
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Martial-Law View Post
    and another TOP TIP bro...

    Slap don't punch. Leaves less evidence ;>

    To be beaten to the ground by a slap, hurts their pride in ways that a punch doesn't.
    Thanks for the tip but I really hope it doesn't come down to that. I've kept that type of thing under control for a long time now and I think the police have finally forgotten about me, which is definitely for the best.

  13. #13
    Survivor RedBullheaded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    D' Hara
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0
    If they are making death threats, even implicit ones, this is very serious. It is possible, at least in California where i live, to report things to the police and still not have them involved. I think it would be very wise to report these threats. They don't have to directly threaten your life or property for it to be considered a threat. If they say or act in such a way that makes you feel threatened then it is a threat, unless I am misunderstanding the legal speak. You should keep as much documentation as possible. If you can get audio recordings of these threats then there is nothing they can legally do, especially since you have the cats registered to you.

    Anyway, the only concern you should have, as I'm sure you realize, is an extralegal one. It is very likely these fine specimens of human excrement will try to steal your cats. You have made no mention of the trash directly confronting you, therefore, it is safe to assume the trash are a bunch of pussies and are trying to bait you into doing something that they can use against you. You say your calm, use that, the trash will eventually find something else to take the misery of their existence on.

    Since it is likely you water your garden later in the day, vary your watering times, from sundown to midnight. Make it seem like your always watching and it is likely they will shy away from direct action. Because the trash are pussies, it is likely they won't make a move against your house which is why it is important to maintain a presence in your garden. As much as I would recommend setting up a table outside in your garden and then, when you know they'll be pestering you, be cleaning your gun in plain view, this might be inflammatory.

    Finally, because this is the internet and I can say things in relative anonymity, I satirically recommend you steal all of the feral cats at the pound and release them into their dumpster so they may be devoured by the very beasts they obviously care nothing for, and then burn their dumpster to the ground.

    Stay strong

  14. #14
    Colony Founder LimeyRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    In The Festering, Disease-Ridden Bowels Of South-East London
    Posts
    1,943
    Rep Power
    1
    Thanks for the advice Red. Definitely get the feeling that they're all mouth. I might try some intimidation tactics in an effort to warn them off without actually having to speak to them. I'd rather not end up dealing with the police because it all got out of hand as it's such an effort. They talk and talk and talk and talk and, well, you get the picture.

    What makes it worse is that their house is at a right angle to our garden, so they've just been leaning out of the windows, staring at us and making stupid comments. There is nowhere in my garden where myself and the cats are not visible. I've had to let them out because they REALLY didn't want to stay in and I keep going out to make sure they're still here. I think I'll fortify the garden tomorrow.

    If I had a gun, I'd definitely be outside cleaning it in full view of them. I'd probably go full redneck and sit there with loads of beer and a rocking chair. Not saying anything against the redneck breed. I like the way they do things. They get ♥♥♥♥ done.

  15. #15
    Survivor RedBullheaded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    D' Hara
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0
    I just thought about skinning an animal in plain view. Also, have an extra knife with non-toxic fake blood and during skinning, pretend to lick the blade clean of blood while pretending to enjoy it. This makes me laugh a little. But seriously, don't do that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •