Thread: A18 B152 - Field of view exploit works again

Survivor

Exclamation A18 B152 - Field of view exploit works again

So the exploit of changing your field of view in single player, then joining a multiplayer server the field of view stays the same, so you can look through the world underground. This was fixed in earlier builds by having the server force the fov onto the client but now people can glitch again. Please fix this and remember to bring the fix to the next experimental / stable too.

Cheers

HellFox

Survivor
    Is there an option server-side to explicitly ENABLE fov-changing on clients connected to the server? My server is co-op, we don't worry about cheating, and some of us have wide-screen monitors that make the default fov pretty terrible. It would be really nice if there was a way to make it easier to change fov.

Enforcing FOV on players is ♥♥♥♥, it should be instead consider the FOV when culling.

Hunter
    I agree - As someone who suffers motion sickness I need to be able to adjust the FOV. It should just be right there in the graphics options. If people are going to use it to cheat then ban them. Don't punish folk who just plain need to to play.