Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: [A18] Stainless Steel Again

  1. #1
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    1

    [A18] Stainless Steel Again

    Here's a small mod I put together to bring Stainless Steel back to the upgrade path after Steel. Adds a new SteelPolish item craftable in the chemistry station.

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mR...C2RmKkwYOGtLe_

    Also, to make it actually worth it, I made Stainless Steel blocks tougher, both in HP and explosive resistance. Those new explody zombies are brutal to a base.

    Unzip into your mods directory.

  2. #2
    Zombie Hunter MrSamuelAdam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    0
    What's the HP on these blocks?

  3. #3
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    1
    20K, about 4 demolishers can go off before you need to panic.
    This value, naturally, can be changed in the materials.xml in the mod.

  4. #4
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you for bringing this to A18.

  5. #5
    Nomad
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    1
    This could to be added to stay in keeping with the Block for repairs from steel to the paste

    <append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='stainlessSteelMaster']">
    <property class="RepairItems">
    <property name="Steel Polish" value="10"/>
    </property>
    </append>

    Oh & a HUGE thankyou as im able to learn from this Mod as I was asking about a similar thing the other day with my Titanium Ingots
    Last edited by Tallon; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:17 PM.

  6. #6
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallon View Post
    This could to be added to stay in keeping with the Block for repairs from steel to the paste

    <append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='stainlessSteelMaster']">
    <property class="RepairItems">
    <property name="Steel Polish" value="10"/>
    </property>
    </append>

    Oh & a HUGE thankyou as im able to learn from this Mod as I was asking about a similar thing the other day with my Titanium Ingots
    You go with it I like the looks of the titanium better. I'll be looking out for it.

  7. #7
    Nomad
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    1
    This isnt my mod I was suggesting an edit cos after the upgrade with his current code you still repair the paste hardened block with steel & not paste which is used to upgrade it

  8. #8
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    1
    Looks of the Titanium? That's not even in the game.

  9. #9
    Nomad
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    1
    Hes speaking of my mod.. Think he got a bit confused on my post..

  10. #10
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0
    is there a way to make this only available to the trader like before? i dont want to be able to craft this block as it might be OP for what my server has on it, want to make it a challenge to get it :P

  11. #11
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    1
    Sure, remove the recipe and add the steel polish to the trader resource lists. Then add the EconomicValue property to the steel polish item and make it as expensive as you want it to be.

  12. #12
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggi View Post
    Sure, remove the recipe and add the steel polish to the trader resource lists. Then add the EconomicValue property to the steel polish item and make it as expensive as you want it to be.
    Ahhh im unfamiliar with adding stuff to xml files, is it simply a case of copy and pasting or do i need to do a bit of editing? appreciate the reply.

  13. #13
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    1
    Best way I learn is by example.
    Check out other mods and vanilla files and/or my tutorial video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtVfBjUlSN4

    XML and xpath is actually easy to work with, just a little understanding of structure is all you need.

  14. #14
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0
    thanks for the help

  15. #15
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggi View Post
    Best way I learn is by example.
    Check out other mods and vanilla files and/or my tutorial video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtVfBjUlSN4

    XML and xpath is actually easy to work with, just a little understanding of structure is all you need.
    is this tutorial up to date for alpha 18 please?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •