Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MeanCloud's Mining modlet (A18) with copper, zinc, and excavators

Survivor
    I'm 99% sure I moved everything from the Prefab folder to the folder on the server as well, but I'm giving it another shot after re-copying it. Only difference is I'm leaving the prefab folder in the mod folder as well, just in case. Also, quick question, would I need to add the prefab files in locally to my client?

Quote Originally Posted by Arigas View Post
    I'm 99% sure I moved everything from the Prefab folder to the folder on the server as well, but I'm giving it another shot after re-copying it. Only difference is I'm leaving the prefab folder in the mod folder as well, just in case. Also, quick question, would I need to add the prefab files in locally to my client?
    Yes, you do.

From my first post:

If you fail to install the prefabs correctly, 7 Days to Die will log errors in the console window. You need to install the prefabs to the correct location, even if you aren't generating a new world or are playing on a dedicated server.

Survivor
    Yup, did that after I posted that, worked perfectly. Now to get my friends to give it a quick try lol. Thanks for the help! Look forward to playing with this

Quote Originally Posted by Arigas View Post
    Yup, did that after I posted that, worked perfectly. Now to get my friends to give it a quick try lol. Thanks for the help! Look forward to playing with this
    Brilliant, let me know how it works out for you and any feedback

Scavenger
    After installing this, it seems that when I find nodes that I think are potassium nitrate, they're actually zinc. Also, the "resourceZinc" item I pick up from these nodes and loot has no icon in the game. When I look at my webmap for my server, I can see the proper icon in player inventories.

Does this mod overwrite all potassium nodes, or have I just not actually seen potassium nodes yet and these are using the same model? How do I get the icon(s) to appear in the game? BTW, I've already copied the icons to my local icons folder for my client, no change.

**EDIT** Nevermind, I'm a fool and didn't place the mod into my mods folder.
    Last edited by Skizzo316; 10-26-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Mod updated to v1.01:

• Rebalanced copper yield (doubled)
    • Rebalanced zinc yield (halved)
    • Rebalanced excavators (reduced quantity of precious ores, add non-ore coal)
    • Added a recipe that copies the cement mixer's crushing of small stone into crushed sand to the rock crusher
    • Rock crusher queue can now hold 10 jobs
    • Updated and refined several item icons

Scavenger
    This mod looked pretty interesting and I saw you just updated it so I went to download it. The link on the main page says it is to v1.01 but the file it gave me says "MeanCloud__Mining_v1.00".

Quote Originally Posted by Izbenn View Post
    This mod looked pretty interesting and I saw you just updated it so I went to download it. The link on the main page says it is to v1.01 but the file it gave me says "MeanCloud__Mining_v1.00".
    Sorry about that!

I've fixed the link to point to the newest 1.01 version.

Scavenger
    Awesome, thanks!

Nice Modlet, good work. But unfortunally not compatible with smxui from Sirillion

Quote Originally Posted by Baobab View Post
    Nice Modlet, good work. But unfortunally not compatible with smxui from Sirillion
    Does his mod mess with the forge?

Yeah I see that he completely reskins the forge, among other stuff -- thus the point of his mod. And forcibly sets it back to 4 inputs. He'd need to allow 6 inputs or it'll crash.
    Last edited by psouza4; 10-30-2019 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psouza4 View Post
    Does his mod mess with the forge?

Yeah I see that he completely reskins the forge, among other stuff -- thus the point of his mod. And forcibly sets it back to 4 inputs. He'd need to allow 6 inputs or it'll crash.
    can you rewrite yours for me so i can use the ui ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baobab View Post
    can you rewrite yours for me so i can use the ui ?
    It won't work that way, his mod needs to support more inputs, not my mod support less. No point having no inputs for zinc or copper

Quote Originally Posted by psouza4 View Post
    It won't work that way, his mod needs to support more inputs, not my mod support less. No point having no inputs for zinc or copper
    ok thx

Refugee
    I installed v1.01 into A18 stable and it works great, thank you ! Not quite sure what to do with most of the blocks that come up from the excavators though - the ones that are identified as ores crush with sand ok and give me lots of materials, but I'm not sure what to do with blocks of things like ashphalt, sandstone, fertile ground, that sorta thing ... Umm, help ? Thanks

Edit : having played a bit more trying stuff out it seems that all of those other blocks can be tossed into the forge where they'll turn into something useful - is that correct ? Cheers.
    Last edited by Grolbu; 11-01-2019 at 09:40 PM.