Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 276

Thread: No Tier 6 Crafting

  1. #166
    Inventor Kalarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    Tough luck.

    Meanwhile, I'm going to craft Q5 military armor and compound crossbow, because game refuses to give me anything above Q3, I've never seen SMG higher then Q2 so I'm going to perk up and craft that next.

    Crafting will get you Q5 faster then anything else in the game but extreme luck.
    You keep calling assembling parts crafting, I dont, same as nobody called assembling weapon parts pre a17, beeing a gun crafter.

  2. #167
    Colony Founder Ghostlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,594
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    Tough luck.

    Meanwhile, I'm going to craft Q5 military armor and compound crossbow, because game refuses to give me anything above Q3, I've never seen SMG higher then Q2 so I'm going to perk up and craft that next.

    Crafting will get you Q5 faster then anything else in the game but extreme luck.
    My experience is the opposite. I have had tier 5 (or greater) of absolutely everything in the game that I want BEFORE I gained the ability to craft it. Haven't had to craft a thing. I have crafted ofc, in the hope of getting better RNG, but that was just for fun, not need.

  3. #168
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalarro View Post
    You keep calling assembling parts crafting, I dont, same as nobody called assembling weapon parts pre a17, beeing a gun crafter.
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

    Also, a sledge hammer has three pieces. A handle, a head(basically a large ingot), and an expansion wedge. Which of those "steel tool parts" is so complicated that we couldn't make it ourselves?

  4. #169
    Colony Founder Katitof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,169
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeraal View Post
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

    Also, a sledge hammer has three pieces. A handle, a head(basically a large ingot), and an expansion wedge. Which of those "steel tool parts" is so complicated that we couldn't make it ourselves?
    The "balancing of abundance so vendor can't be abused" part.

  5. #170
    Inventor Kalarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeraal View Post
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

    Also, a sledge hammer has three pieces. A handle, a head(basically a large ingot), and an expansion wedge. Which of those "steel tool parts" is so complicated that we couldn't make it ourselves?
    And Im not even complaining bc of the realism, but bc of the fun factor. I can already find the finished object, so finding parts is overkill, and unsatisfactory considering you could have just found the complete item. Leave the craft option as gathering-processing-crafting, not as a gimped looting version.

    No idea why they always take changes so far. I asked myself for putting gun parts back into the game during a17, same as many others did. And they go and totally overdo it.

    - Hey its cold, can you increase the heating? 18C is too low.
    - Here, 30, you are welcome

    Same with zombie AI.
    -Can you improve zombie AI so they dont get stuck so often?
    -Sure, now they are construction engineers, have xrays, and still feel more dumb bc they do the conga.
    -Ehhmm... they just needed to not get stuck and be less exploitable if possible, not make them supersmart and superexploitable at the same time

    But at least they improved that one a lot and its much better now. Lets see if we are lucky with crafting too.
    Last edited by Kalarro; 11-20-2019 at 02:22 PM.

  6. #171
    Colony Founder Katitof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,169
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalarro View Post
    You keep calling assembling parts crafting, I dont, same as nobody called assembling weapon parts pre a17, beeing a gun crafter.
    Show me how you craft AK-47 with a hammer, wrench, couple of planks and some plastic on a crude, wooden workbench that has barely any tools on it.

    Call it how you want, you aren't going to become a gunsmith without specialized equipment and tools.

    However, give me a gun and I'll build you functioning gun turret out of LEGO.

    A15 isn't coming back, but you can always downgrade back to it.
    Last edited by Katitof; 11-20-2019 at 11:41 PM.

  7. #172
    Nomad theFlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    Show me how you craft AK-47 with a hammer, wrench, couple of planks and some plastic on a crude, wooden workbench that has barely any tools on it.
    Well, I can make a friend-or-foe motion sensor out of a toaster... or two.

  8. #173
    Colony Founder Doombringer101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,091
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by theFlu View Post
    Well, I can make a friend-or-foe motion sensor out of a toaster... or two.
    nasa toaster.jpg

  9. #174
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    0
    Easy for me to get all T5 gear long before I can craft T4, with some T6 mixed in.

    It is super easy to randomly get T6 gear.

  10. #175
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    the filthy south
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    1
    How about if you max out the crafting perk, but also find the schematic you gain the level 6 crafting ability? or you make it so that you need both the perk schematic and the special gun schematic? so if you find both the sawed off shotgun schematic AND the pump shotgun schematic you can now make level 6 shotguns?

    Or maybe some sort of upgrader bench? make it electric powered, and you put the weapon in it, plus the upgrader resource, and BOOM level 6 weapon after one hour? That way if RNgesus has forsaken you then you are not completely screwed. Not only have an upgrader resource, but a stat reroll resource. So that if you have a crummy weapon you can pop it in and maybe get lucky, or get really unlucky. Maybe give the option to sacrifice a surplus mod to increase the chances of a better roll for a stat.

  11. #176
    Inventor Kalarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    Show me how you craft AK-47 with a hammer, wrench, couple of planks and some plastic on a crude, wooden workbench that has barely any tools on it.
    I dont know how you answer so many of my posts and yet in 2 out of 3 you seem to not have read what I said.
    I have said in a lot of posts you answered to that I like that we cant craft fireguns, only assemble them. But not tools and basic weapons.

  12. #177
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    ...Snip...
    A15 isn't coming back, but you can always UPgrade back to it.
    Fixed it for you.

  13. #178
    Ranger Orclover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    Show me how you craft AK-47 with a hammer, wrench, couple of planks and some plastic on a crude, wooden workbench that has barely any tools on it.
    Make an AK-47 from scratch? no how silly.

    Anything short of making one from scratch however......you can almost repair those things with a rock.

  14. #179
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    the filthy south
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Orclover View Post
    Make an AK-47 from scratch? no how silly.

    Anything short of making one from scratch however......you can almost repair those things with a rock.
    You can make them from scratch, but man you better hope the ATF does not find out you did. Also if you saw off a shotgun, that is somehow a "weapon of mass destruction"

  15. #180
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    Craftables have random stats now.

    T5 item can be better then T6.

    They are also limiting T6 items overall, making them actually rare and precious, not your standard quality after 10 hours of play time.

    What makes you go on these long rants, just because you can't have instantly best gear in games?
    So if that's the case then why even have crafting in the game? Since it's just more "fun" to find what you need in loot, as you say then who needs crafting right? Oh wait, the game says it's a "Survival CRAFTING" game. Well gee, I guess they almost understand that some people like to craft things. But they just don't want us to be able to craft anything good now. Well I think that totally sucks. I say why not just give mats instead of finished items in the loot. That way you have to do both crafting and fighting.

    IDK, that might be too complex for players who can't handle the crafting part. That's OK, I'll just make mods that fix it so you can craft tier 6 stuff. Because really this game pretty much sucks without mods anyways. They ruin wild with the nerf bat with every update. By the time they get done we'll all be running around naked with only a bone knife and a single bandage.

    (Yeah it can't be a Bone Shiv anymore because that might offend convicts I guess, pffft)
    Last edited by Zagan; 12-06-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •