Page 140 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2641

Thread: Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

  1. #2086
    Colony Founder ZombieSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,468
    Rep Power
    1
    @Faatal

    The new graphic option set to medium in A18.2 has now bumped me from 5-15 fps in snow biome to a steady 50-55. The FPS is now in line with the forest and other biomes. Thank you, I can now play the full game. I.E. deserts and snow biomes.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 12-04-2019 at 09:32 PM.

  2. #2087
    Nomad
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    0
    I wish we could have A16 zombie pathing behavior back for Horde Nights. You never knew which side the zombies were coming from so you had to defend all sides equally.

    And using spikes actually mattered, because they wouldn't path through the path of broken ones.

    The new Zombie pathing has dumbed down the meta of Horde base design.

  3. #2088
    Colony Founder ZombieSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,468
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecolours View Post
    I wish we could have A16 zombie pathing behavior back for Horde Nights. You never knew which side the zombies were coming from so you had to defend all sides equally.

    And using spikes actually mattered, because they wouldn't path through the path of broken ones.

    The new Zombie pathing has dumbed down the meta of Horde base design.
    I would strongly disagree with you. The A.I. in A18 is far smarter than in A16. Is it perfect? No. Does it need work? yes. None the less, it is far better.

  4. #2089
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    I'd love to see you swap "Daring Adventurer" and "Master Chef" to their opposite attributes. Cooking under strength is just weird, and "daring" seems like it would fit better there than under intellect. I think this would be a better balance. Fiction-wise, Daring could mean you're clearly tougher and more capable, and maybe more intimidating, so quest givers will be more generous/obsequious.

    And cooking under intellect brings it in line with the other craftsmanship perks where it makes sense. It would also make build decisions into more "crafting vs adventuring" decisions.

  5. #2090
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Are Bundles Intended to give xp? I currently have their recipes disabled from my game because it seems like a huge exploit to get bucket loads of XP. I assume that it is not intended but the crafting engine by default takes the number of ingredients into consideration when rewarding XP which is why it gives you XP currently and why it gives a lot. Granted it does have diminishing returns, I assume that is also just part of the crafting engines default behavior.

    One of the players on my server totally exploited this, and when I removed the recipe he get extremely upset and lets just say he is now banned. So I really just would like to know if it is intentional or not.

  6. #2091
    Colony Founder Jugginator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    JarTosser HQ, TX
    Posts
    1,356
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSniper View Post
    Are Bundles Intended to give xp? I currently have their recipes disabled from my game because it seems like a huge exploit to get bucket loads of XP. I assume that it is not intended but the crafting engine by default takes the number of ingredients into consideration when rewarding XP which is why it gives you XP currently and why it gives a lot. Granted it does have diminishing returns, I assume that is also just part of the crafting engines default behavior.

    One of the players on my server totally exploited this, and when I removed the recipe he get extremely upset and lets just say he is now banned. So I really just would like to know if it is intentional or not.
    It does have deminishing returns though. it drastically scales down to worthless XP pretty quick.

  7. #2092
    Colony Founder AtomicUs5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,981
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSniper View Post
    One of the players on my server totally exploited this, and when I removed the recipe he get extremely upset and lets just say he is now banned. So I really just would like to know if it is intentional or not.
    Sounds like you may have jumped the gun... though this doesn't mean that the player didn't find some other way to exploit regardless of steep diminishing returns.

  8. #2093
    Inventor Jay_ombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    UK - Birmingham
    Posts
    895
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    I would strongly disagree with you. The A.I. in A18 is far smarter than in A16. Is it perfect? No. Does it need work? yes. None the less, it is far better.
    Zombie behavior as in AI is I imagine really tricky for this type of game. To good and they break out from the zombie trend of behavior we come to recognize and love. Bad (is there a bad?) and well they could become so predictable that base defense becomes a one shot pony and the game becomes boring fast.

    With A18 I really think Faatal has hit the sweet spot, where some are relentless driven eating machines with little thought coming straight for you where as others are pathologically abnormal demonstrating acts of defiance and will get sneaky.

    Its really cool..

  9. #2094
    Colony Founder Jugginator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    JarTosser HQ, TX
    Posts
    1,356
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    Sounds like you may have jumped the gun... though this doesn't mean that the player didn't find some other way to exploit regardless of steep diminishing returns.
    Yeah was a bit drastic xD

    The starting amount of xp needs to be tuned down a bit for sure.

  10. #2095
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,698
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecolours View Post
    I wish we could have A16 zombie pathing behavior back for Horde Nights. You never knew which side the zombies were coming from so you had to defend all sides equally.
    This is still the case.

  11. #2096
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,698
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomorph View Post
    I'd love to see you swap "Daring Adventurer" and "Master Chef" to their opposite attributes. Cooking under strength is just weird, and "daring" seems like it would fit better there than under intellect. I think this would be a better balance. Fiction-wise, Daring could mean you're clearly tougher and more capable, and maybe more intimidating, so quest givers will be more generous/obsequious.

    And cooking under intellect brings it in line with the other craftsmanship perks where it makes sense. It would also make build decisions into more "crafting vs adventuring" decisions.
    We can respin this all we want and someone will find it more or less intuitive. Fact is, its just fine as is.

  12. #2097
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,698
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSniper View Post
    Are Bundles Intended to give xp? I currently have their recipes disabled from my game because it seems like a huge exploit to get bucket loads of XP. I assume that it is not intended but the crafting engine by default takes the number of ingredients into consideration when rewarding XP which is why it gives you XP currently and why it gives a lot. Granted it does have diminishing returns, I assume that is also just part of the crafting engines default behavior.

    One of the players on my server totally exploited this, and when I removed the recipe he get extremely upset and lets just say he is now banned. So I really just would like to know if it is intentional or not.
    Not sure what you are talking about. Crafting doesn't give any xp at all on anything. When you open the bundle it says 6000 coal or whatever bundle you opened.. not 6000 XP.

  13. #2098
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,698
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jugginator View Post
    It does have deminishing returns though. it drastically scales down to worthless XP pretty quick.
    You are thinking of A17. A18 has 0 craft xp.

  14. #2099
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    16,747
    Rep Power
    2
    Crafting actually does give xp but only the first few times you craft something. You get less each time you craft a duplicate of something until you no longer get anything. This was introduced in A17 I believe. I don't believe you get anything for opening a bundle but you would the first few times you crafted it.

    EDIT: REALLY? hmmm...I noticed it in A17 and never noticed it go away. apologies.
    Last edited by Roland; 12-04-2019 at 11:29 PM.

  15. #2100
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,698
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Crafting actually does give xp but only the first few times you craft something. You get less each time you craft a duplicate of something until you no longer get anything. This was introduced in A17 I believe. I don't believe you get anything for opening a bundle but you would the first few times you crafted it.

    EDIT: REALLY? hmmm...I noticed it in A17 and never noticed it go away. apologies.
    LOL nobody noticed. I've been waiting for the no crafting xp ♥♥♥♥ storm for 6 months now and it never came.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •