Page 143 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2657

Thread: Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jugginator View Post
    Not going to lie I expected a picture of the behemoth or zipline haha.

Sounds good! I don't ever adjust FOV but it seems quite a few do/would be happy.

I felt nauseous just looking at some of the jacked up FOV some of you posted but if it works for you then that's good.
    I tried 90 and felt some nausea for whatever reason. It vanished after 2 seconds and I was fine. Changing it was probably the cause, not the FOV itself. I hate how it looks though, NPCS appear to be three times further away than they really are, which might explain some disconnect with range people talk about, they are probably ruining the experience with a high fov. Sorry but that is my take on it. Guys who hit me are taking up 30% of my screen space. I like 60 tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsobral View Post
    If you upgrade from 18.1 to 18.2, then bundles do give experience. I've reported this early on 18.2 experimental, but since it only happens on an existing world, it can't be reproduced on a new 18.2 world and was closed.
    Ah ok that might explain it then. Very odd. I started a new game to test it on, and as I said I've never seen any crafting XP since 18 got underway.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    No it doesn't grant any xp, I tested it yesterday before I proclaimed it didn't, just to be sure. I crafted a coal bundle. Maybe you have a mod installed you forgot about.
    I don't have any mods installed in my server, the only changes to the config i made was the random seed and password. It seems to be fixed in fresh installs of 182 based on other users, Which is Great! Our server started as 18 and upgraded to 18.1 which was definitely giving us xp. We upgraded to 18.2 yesterday and haven't verified if the new version still gives us xp. Personally I was asking because I haven't seen any mention of it by anyone on the staff, and all of the threads I looked at didn't get responded to and I didn't see any mention of the issue in patch notes.

As for as whether we mistook the 6000 coal for xp. I doubt it considering the xp value diminished the more we did it, and the 6000 wouldn't have behaved in this manor.
    Last edited by DeltaSniper; 12-05-2019 at 08:56 PM.

I know that the XP is real. There just isn't a solid repro case for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    I think the repro is an upgraded save.

NPCS appear to be three times further away than they really are, which might explain some disconnect with range people talk about, they are probably ruining the experience with a high fov..
    You know I take in to consideration how the size of FOV will affect my ability to compansate for messed up depth perception. Thats why I only have FOV set to around 75 in most games. I've also wondered how many people that have brought up "hit collision and or effective weapon ranges" have also increased there FOV and not understanding the effect it'll have on how they have to melee and judge depth etc.

I'm guessing a lot of complaints about those 2 issues stem from FOV changes and the player not understanding fully what it does.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 12-05-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    @Gazz
    I have not caught wind of this yet.
    Just to clarify, its a known bug doing it and no solid repro steps yet? <-- serious question.
    If thats the case I'll jump on it and see if I cannot help the testers with repro steps. Been a minute since I last hunted a bug down.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the repro is an upgraded save.
    Sounds like it
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 12-05-2019 at 09:56 PM.

I put my FOV in 7DtD usually at 75.

Its not a fast paced shooter, so it does not need to be that wide.

In any case, every user should set this to their own range to feel comfortable.

I tried 90 and felt some nausea for whatever reason. It vanished after 2 seconds and I was fine. Changing it was probably the cause, not the FOV itself. I hate how it looks though, NPCS appear to be three times further away than they really are, which might explain some disconnect with range people talk about, they are probably ruining the experience with a high fov. Sorry but that is my take on it. Guys who hit me are taking up 30% of my screen space. I like 60 tbh.
    Yeah I hear you there, but if some people need to to not get sick I suppose not everyone's the same. But changing it too much makes me sick too haha. The fov messing with aim is a likely thing, I know if I play on a high resolution in twitch shooters such as CSGO my aim gets thrown off / the models look further away/smaller than what they really are. I keep my resolution low for that reason, hell I know a lot of "pros" do the same, although you won't catch me playing at 800x600.. lol that's just too low.

On the bundle crafting granting XP, you're right if it's caused by continueing an old save, I couldn't give up my old one lol. I'll be starting a new world/save soon, sorry for bringing it up, I just figured it was still a thing.

Dont want to burst your bubble but range is definitely off. I never mess with FOV so that wouldnt apply in my case. Its even worse on servers but thats expected due to desync of course.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Something old, something new, coming sometime to you........

Attachment 30841
    Standing ovation!!!

... I like 60 tbh.
    no... I don't believe you.
    Last edited by n2n1; 12-05-2019 at 10:20 PM.

deleted. read post incorrectly.

Yeah I think something is wonky with the hitboxes/hitregs, it doesn't happen often, but I have clearly hit something and it doesn't hit sometimes before.
    Last edited by Jugginator; 12-05-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugginator View Post
    Yeah I think something is wonky with the hitboxes/hitregs, it doesn't happen often, but I have clearly hit something and it doesn't hit sometimes before.
    Yeah there is no doubt about it. I've seen the videos clear as day, had it happen to myself a lot. Tons of players have talked about it. its a real thing. As I said and deleted lol, it has gottin a lot better though.

P.S. damn I'm surprised you caught and read all that I had posted then deleted. It wasn't up more than a minute lol. I guess someone is always watching huh lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Yeah there is no doubt about it. I've seen the videos clear as day, had it happen to myself a lot. Tons of players have talked about it. its a real thing. As I said and deleted lol, it has gottin a lot better though.

P.S. damn I'm surprised you caught and read all that I had posted then deleted. It wasn't up more than a minute lol. I guess someone is always watching huh lol.
    It's a power of the Jar Tosser nation. Something which non-Jar Tossers or the Jedi would never teach you.

i've got decent aim in FP, so it doesn't happen as often I suppose, but there definitely have been cases of "Uh, the same distance/aim hit last time but not this swing".